Will you take the vaccine?

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
I agree though…..one day at a time.

There's a tactic of overstating your case so people think your original idea is a compromise/middle ground. My county supposedly has an outdoor mask mandate and everybody is like, "oh no, that's crazy, I'll wear it indoors though!"

I think the same thing is happening with videos where people get beat up or kicked off public transport for not wearing masks: very unlikely to happen (I'm sure all of us are used to MA'AM, MA'AM, WE ARE REQUESTING FACE COVERINGS at some point), but the message is: this could be you.

Even some of the anti-poke propaganda is being exploited because they know there's a certain population that will over react, and that's useful.

I'm pretty sure all this is just trying to create more disorder. I don't even think it's an "order out of chaos" thing half the time, though it *can be*, a lot of these people just like blowing stuff up, or covertly screwing around with other's lives.

Reactions: kel

Kitty Tantrum

Woodpecker
Woman
My husband literally told me, recently, while sick with "COVID," that being sick with "COVID" has made him actually consider getting the vaccine.

I swear he is usually very intelligent.

If I didn't have prior firsthand experience with the humiliation of being really friggin smart and still having bought into a bunch of retarded lies anyway, this whole situation would be a lot harder for me.

Elipe

Pelican
My husband literally told me, recently, while sick with "COVID," that being sick with "COVID" has made him actually consider getting the vaccine.
Wait, what? Why do you need a vaccine after you've gotten sick (and over) with it? If he got over it, he doesn't need any vaccine because he now has natural immunity, you know, the thing that vaccines are purported to induce.

Kitty Tantrum

Woodpecker
Woman
Wait, what? Why do you need a vaccine after you've gotten sick (and over) with it? If he got over it, he doesn't need any vaccine because he now has natural immunity, you know, the thing that vaccines are purported to induce.
I guess he thinks a vaccine will prevent him from getting it again, or as bad. Or something.

I dunno. My hackles sure are raised, because this "science" nonsense being propagated right now is the exact opposite of everything they've pushed as "science" for the last several decades, and so many people CANNOT SEE that it is directly and blatantly contradictory. HowTF(iddlesticks) is this possible?

I mean I KNOW how it's possible, and that's a big part of the problem: hardly anyone believes in the reality of demonic influence. Of course they can't see it. My mind still has a hard time grappling with that, though, now that it's all so obvious to me.

Kitty Tantrum

Woodpecker
Woman
I pointed that out to him and I could FEEL the cognitive dissonance. He obviously knows that, and had even already read reports suggesting that natural immunity is stronger... but is still swayed just by the constantly repeated lies that the vax is the only way to gain immunity.

I don't understand it. I guess I've always been part of that minority that is NOT swayed at all when contradicted by a seeming majority.

Most people will trust an apparent majority opinion over their own judgment. It's a known thing.

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
I pointed that out to him and I could FEEL the cognitive dissonance. He obviously knows that, and had even already read reports suggesting that natural immunity is stronger... but is still swayed just by the constantly repeated lies that the vax is the only way to gain immunity.

My mom used to get the flu shot every year, which is why I started opting out: she would get sick afterwards, with a cough that lasted for months, and it occasionally would turn into bronchitis and close to pneumonia. EVERY YEAR

Then she would say "I don't know why I even bother, it's only supposed to protect against 14% anyway." So why do you get it? "Well every little bit helps, it's different every year."

Rob Banks

Pelican
Most people will trust an apparent majority opinion over their own judgment. It's a known thing.
In the past, before modern times, if you lived in a Christian community, it was likely that the "majority opinion" would conform to God and Christian teaching, while the "own judgment" of individuals opposed to the majority would be in rebellion against Christ (heretics, sorcerers, atheists, etc).

Marystarsea

Pigeon
Woman

I swear he is usually very intelligent.

If I didn't have prior firsthand experience with the humiliation of being really friggin smart and still having bought into a bunch of retarded lies anyway, this whole situation would be a lot harder for me.

My husband, sitting in the hospital, is still anti-vaccine.

Me, sitting at home worried sick about him, is ‘well… If the vaccine would’ve kept him out of the hospital…’

I know I’m operating on an emotional level, but it is difficult to be completely rational when you think someone you love is in danger.

Elipe

Pelican
My husband, sitting in the hospital, is still anti-vaccine.

Me, sitting at home worried sick about him, is ‘well… If the vaccine would’ve kept him out of the hospital…’

I know I’m operating on an emotional level, but it is difficult to be completely rational when you think someone you love is in danger.
Yeah, the what-if game. It's a never ending spiral. The only way to win is not to play at all. My wife sometimes gets caught in one of those, and I have to remind her that what really matters is what's in front of you and the hand you are dealt, and that things rarely ever get as bad as the what-ifs tend to say they will.

Your husband is, statistically speaking, most likely to come back home fine. He may not have smell or taste for a while, but these will come back over time. In fact, I know someone who just recently got sick with it and ended up in the hospital and he still came back home. This is not the Black Death. Repeat after me. This is not the Black Death. Not even close.

But I understand how you feel. With hospitals preventing visitors from seeing patients, it's especially tough when a loved one is in the hospital and you can't see with your own eyes how that person is doing. I've been praying for your husband. I will continue to pray. You do the same. May the grace, peace, and love of God be on you and your husband. Amen.

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
So, some good news: my husband's boss is a hyper normie (she didn't go out to eat for 18 months and was "anxious" about her first trip out), but she's currently 3ish months pregnant and so far so good.

(He's in a meeting right now and they're talking about checking disclosures about people getting paid from companies to write journal articles. "People don't even see the conflict of interest here!" Ahh haha, irony)