Will you take the vaccine?

fortyfive

Woodpecker
No, I refuse to be vaccinated, however much my son tries to bully me into it. I am 81 and prepared to die whenever and in whatever way God determines for me.

Owlet, I would like to ask you a couple of questions, if it's possible to answer them.
You are much longer on this earth than I am. From a long life experience and perspective, how do you see the current world and times?
Are we living now really in different times than we were in the past? Do you think we are in the end times?
Or was the world before the same? Just less technocracy and more morality?
I think something changed, but maybe from a broader view, not so much.
Thank you. God bless you.

Owlet

Chicken
Woman
Orthodox
There have been many previous generations who were convinced they were living in the end times. Plagues and epidemics are not new - just read about the Black Death. How did Londoners keep cheerful during the Blitz? I don't know - I was too young, though I have just a couple of times when much older had a flashback to the fear occasioned by the sound of the air-raid siren and the sight of bombed-out houses with bathrooms demolished except for a towel-rail hanging off the wall.

Even the government control and closing down of churches is not new. What is new perhaps is that it is happening in so many countries at the same time. That we are aware of that, is the down-side of the speed of modern communications. What we do not have yet are many martyrs, though doctors who have lost their licences to practice and pastors imprisoned for holding services show us what many including ourselves may have to face.

I have been Orthodox for only 11 years, so I am still learning to pray, repent and trust God. I have to try not to be sad that I can no longer contact my son without being subjected to a barrage of recrimination that by refusing vaccination I am among those responsible for keeping his business closed. I tell myself: "Don't argue, keep inner peace and pray more for him."

TexasJenn

Woodpecker
Woman
Update: I just did the first Covid test, now required weekly by my employer. It was very easy and I feel fine about it. I went to a drive-through, the guy behind the window explained what to do then sent me the test kit through the drawer.

He wasn't watching me do it, so it was very easy to just barely touch inside my nose and send the kit back.

The place is 5 minutes from my house, so it's not a big deal. It feels like a pointless exercise, but I guess I'm getting off pretty easy compared to a lot of people.

Kitty Tantrum

Woodpecker
Woman
My main concern RE: the routine testing is that it establishes a system by which literally all they have to do is force a positive test result (or just lie about it/switch large batches of "negative" to "positive" in a computer database somewhere) to justify house arrest or hauling people off to "wellness camps."

Praying for all of you!

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
My main concern RE: the routine testing is that it establishes a system by which literally all they have to do is force a positive test result (or just lie about it/switch large batches of "negative" to "positive" in a computer database somewhere) to justify house arrest or hauling people off to "wellness camps."

Yeah. If they start that garbage at work I'm quitting. See how they like working with only three cooks, ha ha ha. Somebody has to prepare all that take-out for sitting on one's butt watching Netflix after a hard day of Zoom meetings.

In other news, I went to the grocery store down the street before to pick up a few things and bacon was $8 a pack (like crappy Oscar Meyer bacon). Stuff at Aldi has gone up but not much. The grocery store prices were noticeable, though. Maybe it's to prevent people from panic buying. (Same store has the big boy of toilet paper for $15 whereas it was about $7 previously)

I talked to a guy in our complex who said it was nice we actually play with our son outside, "some kids never get outside." He has two cars and a motorcycle he works on and I always thought he was a weird nerd but actually turned out to be pretty nice. He's trying to get out of debt and move eventually. It was one of those reminders to myself not to be so judgmental.

Last edited:

Kitty Tantrum

Woodpecker
Woman
I buy most of my own groceries and other household goods from foodservice and other commercial-supply type places, where "shelf price" is less padded and regulated for advertising/"sale!" purposes, and I've noticed that prices for all sorts of things have been all over the place.

There are going to be a LOT of shortages and price hikes selectively engineered by way of imposing vax mandates in specific ways for specific things, resulting in predictable shortages in key staff required for processing and transport.

It's about to get VERY interesting.

TexasJenn

Woodpecker
Woman

Praying for all of you!
I'm well aware that anything is possible and don't feel particularly optimistic... but for now, I've reached my capacity for obsessing over the dark overlords' evil plans. My employer is maintaining as soft a touch as possible in all this and I'm relatively unscathed so far... which means I have more capacity to help those hardest hit, and I try to do that wherever I can.

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
I'm well aware that anything is possible and don't feel particularly optimistic... but for now, I've reached my capacity for obsessing over the dark overlords' evil plans. My employer is maintaining as soft a touch as possible in all this and I'm relatively unscathed so far... which means I have more capacity to help those hardest hit, and I try to do that wherever I can.

I feel weirdly optimistic lately and I don't know why. I know things can get bad, but I don't see a point in worrying.

Also I think there's a lot of bluffing/posturing/war gaming going on.

My husband was supposedly going to be forced onto his own floor and not have contact with his coworkers, and now they may sell the building entirely and go fully remote.

I haven't heard a peep about anything at all at my work. Somebody "had" it and we got an automated message. That was it.

Compare this with my mom's church where somebody might have had contact with an untouchable and they shut down services for a week, because it's bunch of old cat ladies who don't want to go out anyway.

I think we're just living in two realities, which may just be the natural state of humanity, like the Blue/Green riots. Or just dumb American stuff like Prohibition.

Last edited:

messaggera

Kingfisher
Woman

Here is a study on using the graphene oxide in face masks; there are more out there with a simple search

iScience. 2021 Jul 23; 24(7): 102788.
Published online 2021 Jun 25

Graphene nanoplatelet and graphene oxide functionalization of face mask materials inhibits infectivity of trapped SARS-CoV-2

Recent advancements in bidimensional nanoparticles production such as graphene (G) and graphene oxide (GO) have the potential to meet the need for highly functional personal protective equipment (PPE) against SARS-CoV-2 infection. The ability of G and GO to interact with microorganisms provides an opportunity to develop engineered textiles for use in PPE and limit the spread of COVID-19. PPE in current use in high-risk settings for COVID transmission provides only a physical barrier that decreases infection likelihood and does not inactivate the virus.
[study link]

One more - put worth the search and look on the topic

Manufacturers have been using nanotechnology-derived graphene in face masks — now there are safety concerns

Warnings of potential “early pulmonary toxicity” associated with graphene-containing face masks raise serious questions over safety checks and balances. [link]

Viktor Zeegelaar

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
Update: I just did the first Covid test, now required weekly by my employer. It was very easy and I feel fine about it. I went to a drive-through, the guy behind the window explained what to do then sent me the test kit through the drawer.

He wasn't watching me do it, so it was very easy to just barely touch inside my nose and send the kit back.

The place is 5 minutes from my house, so it's not a big deal. It feels like a pointless exercise, but I guess I'm getting off pretty easy compared to a lot of people.
You can do a ''self test''? Here the only valid test is a PCR, which I haven't had but I've heard it's very inconvenient. Moreover, for a few times it would be not too inconvenient, but the problem about this situation is that it's meant to go on endlessly.

TexasJenn

Woodpecker
Woman
Yes, it was a self test.

Surely this can't go on forever. I see more people standing up and speaking out. The resistance seems to be growing.

Oda Mae

Chicken
Woman
Orthodox Inquirer
I have not gotten it. I will not get it at the government's mandate. Submitting early retirement, leaving at 60 instead of 62. So we'll get a smaller retirement home. So be it. I am a Federal employee. Leaving will be a welcome relief from the constant nattering about the dang thing.

Oda Mae

Chicken
Woman
Orthodox Inquirer
Chicken woman. I love it, how did that get there? That's one of the requirements for the retirement cottage -enough land for a chicken coop! My husband is fighting me over the goats. But chickens are agreed upon!

Oda Mae

Chicken
Woman
Orthodox Inquirer

Elipe

Pelican

My concern about the testing kit is that it's possibly made of fiberglass and people have found strange particles on them under a microscope. I hope I can get an exemption from having to use a testing kit and instead, just do something like having my temperature taken externally.

TexasJenn

Woodpecker
Woman
My concern about the testing kit is that it's possibly made of fiberglass and people have found strange particles on them under a microscope. I hope I can get an exemption from having to use a testing kit and instead, just do something like having my temperature taken externally.
I hear you. But I mentioned earlier in the thread that I do my annual gyno exams and twice a year dental cleanings and exams - so if they wanted to mess with me with medical swabs, they have regular opportunities to do that other than this test.

I'm definitely not happy about having to do it. But it seems totally nuts to give up a very good job over this. The vaccine, yes - that's where I draw the line. But lucky for me, it doesn't look like my employer is going to be that heavy-handed.

messaggera

Kingfisher
Woman
Meant to place this information here on this thread Monday:

8:05
HKBhusal said:
Are you concerned about the latent spiked protein shedding issue?

2009 Study link

Viral loads and duration of viral shedding in adult patients hospitalized with influenza​

Conclusion: Patients hospitalized with severe influenza have more active and prolonged viral replication. Weakened host defenses slow viral clearance, whereas antivirals started within the first 4 days of illness enhance viral clearance.

COVID vaccine
Reuter article link

In one Wisconsin county, after Delta became predominant, researchers analyzed viral loads on nose-and-throat swab samples obtained when patients were first diagnosed. They found similar viral loads in vaccinated and unvaccinated patients, with levels often high enough to allow shedding of infectious virus. "A key assumption" underlying current regulations aimed at slowing COVID-19 transmission "is that those who are vaccinated are at very low risk of spreading the virus to others," said study coauthor Katarina Grande of Public Health Madison & Dane County in Madison, Wisconsin.

Spike protein shedding
Article link

Third, as these experimental vaccines produce many trillions of spike proteins in their recipients, these vaccinated individuals “can shedsome of these (spike protein) particles to close contacts,” causing disease in them.

In an email correspondence with LifeSiteNews, Dr. Simone Gold, the founder of AFLDS, directed this writer to an April 29 tweet where she posted a document from Pfizer’s experimental trials in which the pharmaceutical giant “acknowledges this mechanism” of potential shedding, she wrote.

As the document states, one can be “exposed to [the] study intervention due to environmental exposure,” including “by inhalation or skin contact” with someone involved in the study, or with another who has been exposed in the same way.

And this, according to AFLDS, can be dangerous. As the issues brief continues, “the spike proteins are pathogenic (‘disease causing’) just like the full virus.” Furthermore, these “spike proteins bind more tightly than the fully intact virus” and thus cases around the world of “pericarditis, shingles, pneumonia, blood clots in the extremities and brain, Bell’s Palsy, vaginal bleeding and miscarriages have been reported in persons who are near persons who have been vaccinated.” Such shedding also “appears to be causing wide variety of autoimmune disease (where the body attacks its own tissue) in some persons.