Will you take the vaccine?

TexasJenn

Woodpecker
Woman
My employer is now sending out weekly video messages from prominent people urging us to get vaccinated. I think I'm the only one in my department of a few dozen people who's not vaccinated and having to do these stupid weekly tests. The messages are getting more emotional, with soft emotional music in the background, now coming right out and saying that if you don't get vaccinated, you're overburdening the health care system and infringing upon other people :poo: :mad:

Lamkins

Woodpecker
Woman
The latest in my world:

*Someone I know has had THREE clients lose their healthy 35-40-year-old-husbands to sudden heart attacks in the last month. All recently jabbed.
*Another client’s high school son, former football player, developed myocarditis after his parents insisted he get the jab. He can now barely walk across the room. His doc told them it’s because of the vaccine. I wonder how it feels for them?
*A very healthy 65-year-old relative suddenly dropped dead of a heart attack post jab.
*Another person I know developed a racing heartbeat post jab. Called her doc who told her it is a side effect and to go to er if it got worse and to not take the booster.

The odd thing to me was a friend and I were talking about our feeling of, hard to describe, optimism. I admit I’m the most catastrophizing catastrophizer who ever catastrophized, so this is very atypical for me. Maybe I’m about to go home to be with the Lord, which is my way of spinning optimism into a catastrophic feeling, lol.

Blade Runner

Ostrich
Orthodox
It can be painful for us just as human beings, watching people willingly ignore all manner of sensical thinking and taking part in obvious dangers with a foolish, sheepish mindset. It reminds me of Willy Wonka:

iu

"Stop, don't."

I think we're at the stage of being so weary, and knowing people won't listen, that we have taken on Willy's indifferent characteristics/manner in saying it. Sad.

Stadtaffe

Woodpecker
Orthodox
Gold Member
insisted he get the jab
Thanks so much for offering and caring about my health, you're ever too kind, but I'll pass..

It's all most crazy-making, just gotta remember which way is up and which way is down and not let anyone mess with your interpretation of reality.

No, no really, I'm sure all these 80 year olds who might die of covid are truly lovely people, such a treasure to our community and all, but I'd still rather not, sorry!

Lamkins

Woodpecker
Woman
It can be painful for us just as human beings, watching people willingly ignore all manner of sensical thinking and taking part in obvious dangers with a foolish, sheepish mindset. …..

I think we're at the stage of being so weary, and knowing people won't listen, that we have taken on Willy's indifferent characteristics/manner in saying it. Sad.

Yes, you’re right. My initial reaction was ”What a group of idiots” rather than sympathy for any of these people. I’m not proud of that but it’s the truth. In fact, I still feel that way. I hope these people are now red-pilled. I’m pretty certain my brother will get it to keep his job. I hope he doesn’t die, and I wonder what he will do when they come for his kids, vaccine in hand.

TexasJenn

Woodpecker
Woman
It can be painful for us just as human beings, watching people willingly ignore all manner of sensical thinking and taking part in obvious dangers with a foolish, sheepish mindset.
A couple weeks ago, I had to attend this organization-wide meeting for all managers, going through all the testing protocols and requirements in excruciatingly boring detail. Even if you're on vacation or out of the country, you have to find a way to get your weekly test done or you'll be subject to disciplinary action. This means during my week of Christmas/NYE break, I'm still going to have to interrupt my time off work with this stupid test. From what I heard in the meeting, a lot of people aren't doing the tests and are going to start getting warnings. If a person gets three warnings, they're fired - which seems especially stupid because, like everybody else, we've lost people and staff shortages are affecting our operations.

I really like my job and employer, and I'm pretty sure they're just following some order from above. But it's so bizarre and unsettling to see this huge mechanism in motion to meddle in my private health information.

Lamkins

Woodpecker
Woman
A couple weeks ago, I had to attend this organization-wide meeting for all managers, going through all the testing protocols and requirements in excruciatingly boring detail. Even if you're on vacation or out of the country, you have to find a way to get your weekly test done or you'll be subject to disciplinary action. This means during my week of Christmas/NYE break, I'm still going to have to interrupt my time off work with this stupid test. From what I heard in the meeting, a lot of people aren't doing the tests and are going to start getting warnings. If a person gets three warnings, they're fired - which seems especially stupid because, like everybody else, we've lost people and staff shortages are affecting our operations.

I really like my job and employer, and I'm pretty sure they're just following some order from above. But it's so bizarre and unsettling to see this huge mechanism in motion to meddle in my private health information.

I’m sorry to hear that. We all know it’s to “encourage” the jab by making things as inconvenient as possible, but that doesn’t make it any easier. I am encouraged to hear a lot of people aren’t jabbed/not testing.

TexasJenn

Woodpecker
Woman
I’m sorry to hear that. We all know it’s to “encourage” the jab by making things as inconvenient as possible, but that doesn’t make it any easier. I am encouraged to hear a lot of people aren’t jabbed/not testing.
I resent having to do the stupid tests, but it wouldn't make sense to lose my job over that fairly minor hassle. They're paying for it - it's a shame how much money they must be wasting to do it, but at least I don't have to pay for it. I draw the line at the vaccine.

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
I popped in at the library to pick up Arthur Koestler's "The Ghost in the Machine," and had my mask half-up because I wanted to get in and out without getting a MA'AM. The older overweight woman librarian I like had hers half-up, a younger woman studying had it down, and the bleached haired millenial was at full mast. I walked across the street to my dentist appointment, where there were no signs on the door, and nobody cared. Also passed on the x-rays and fluoride today because I didn't want to spend the extra $30 on the latter, and my crumbling fillings are visible to the naked eye.

The book was too big to fit into my purse and the maybe-late-50s assistant picked it up and said, "wow, look at you being all old school, a real book! 'The urge to self-destruction: a psychological and evolutionary study of modern man's predicament,' sounds interesting! What's that about?" and I wanted to climb under the chair, lol. (It's the one where he talks about modifying RNA and putting mind-altering substances in food and pharmaceuticals. Good small talk)

Oda Mae

Pigeon
Woman
Orthodox Inquirer
I have been steadily deleting work e-mails about providing the form with my vaccination status. Quite a happy moment every morning! Yesterday was one day past the deadline so my immediate supervisor sent me a reminder to submit it and copied my rater. I work for the military. So the Lieutenant Colonel came down in person to remind me to provide it to the Chief.

I told him that I had not been given any instruction on how to request a religious exemption, so truthfully could only check the Not vaccinated block - which wouldn't be accurate if I received an exemption later and could cause issues for me if reported up as just unvaccinated.

Then I told him, Hey, truthfully, I probably won't apply for the exemption. I'm offended that the Army thinks it can tell me if my religious beliefs are sincere and worthy.

Next, I pointed out that the form had a privacy act waiver. Hey, can you even force me to fill out this document and sign it if I don't want to waive privacy? What about the fact that they have rewritten the part about how it can be used? It says they intend to use it only for internal purposes, but in cases of emergency it can be released to health organizations, blah blah blah, including law enforcement. So, no, I can't voluntarily agree to all of that.

He looked nonplussed. I asked him what he was supposed to do if I refused to give him the form? He said he didn't know, no one else has refused. I said, Well let's try it, that will be interesting! (Hah! All of us are attorneys, so the fact that no one has even flinched at this invasion of privacy but me makes me feel like the smartest one in the room. Which is a sea change, I normally think they are all brilliant.)

Next, I went to see my immediate supervisor and told him the same thing. Got the same reaction. He said that he was only keeping the forms in a file in his desk, it wasn't going anywhere. I said, well let's pretend I gave it to you, then. Next he threw up his hands and said don't blame me, I'm just a cog in the machine. And I said, well, you don't have to be. Nothing much was said after that.

So today I'm going in and telling them I've thought about it, and will not voluntarily provide them with any information, nor will I sign any blanket form that permits them to release my information. FUN TIMES!

I am in an enviable position. My husband is a saver and has kept me on a short leash. I will submit my retirement papers this week and retire in March 2022, two years before my planned time. Slightly less money, but I won't have to feel like a 'Baddie' every day at work anymore. I have enough sick and annual leave to walk out the door on Jan 5. If they really rush, they might be able to punish me with a time period or two of leave without pay, but I doubt the system can move that fast. Best of all, last week on leave we found THE favorite area in Tennessee and will watch the property market for the next year while continuing to pay down the mortgage here. Looks like I'll be attending the Orthodox Church in Bluff City. ;)

See below - This REALLY helped me in my decision and in the way I discussed it with my supervisors. Thanks to Roosh for putting it up on October 25 and many thanks to this commenter, who helped spell out what I've been feeling in my bones for a while. I am staying outside the frame. The last paragraph is by NomoreTO from Canada. Many thanks from this Georgia girl!

They proposed that I select a monastery in which to stay, a new mutually acceptable place, to promise not to leave the premises, to abstain from any declarations and statements, to counteract any petitions and manifestations. I declined to answer.
My place is in the cathedrals of Gniezno and Warsaw. I can discuss only that. I cannot cooperate in deliberations newly depriving me of my freedom; that would only make me a voluntary prisoner. The voluntary surrender of freedom is an expression of a citizen’s moral ruin. If today I refused to defend my right to freedom, I would not be able to defend the freedom of my country if the need should arise. Only a free citizen is able to defend his freedom. A citizen oppressed in his own country cannot hope to defend it.
"I found this quote particularly powerful. It reminds me of the old PUA term "frame", which is also used in alot of business negotiations. They are trying to get you to talk and think within their terms.

Once you do this, you are in their false frame, and then once you are, you've given up your actual freedom and are instead in some strange discussion about corona case count or about how Billy just needs to play hockey and get on with life etc.

The lockdowns were evil, the masking was evil, the vaccine and coercion is evil, and the vaxpass is evil. We disagree with all these things, full stop." - NomoreTO

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
"I found this quote particularly powerful. It reminds me of the old PUA term "frame", which is also used in alot of business negotiations. They are trying to get you to talk and think within their terms.

Once you do this, you are in their false frame, and then once you are, you've given up your actual freedom and are instead in some strange discussion about corona case count or about how Billy just needs to play hockey and get on with life etc.

The lockdowns were evil, the masking was evil, the vaccine and coercion is evil, and the vaxpass is evil. We disagree with all these things, full stop." - NomoreTO

Owen Benjamin described the cohona tyranny as someone's hand creeping up your knee slowly.

I think a lot of the clot shot propaganda on both sides acts as a sorting mechanism, but I have seen too many people with negative reactions to think it's "just" a placebo. The track record for human medical experimentation where they're like "ahhh it's fine, don't worry about it" is not good.

Mrs.DanielH

Robin
Woman
Orthodox
I have been steadily deleting work e-mails about providing the form with my vaccination status. Quite a happy moment every morning! Yesterday was one day past the deadline so my immediate supervisor sent me a reminder to submit it and copied my rater. I work for the military. So the Lieutenant Colonel came down in person to remind me to provide it to the Chief.

I told him that I had not been given any instruction on how to request a religious exemption, so truthfully could only check the Not vaccinated block - which wouldn't be accurate if I received an exemption later and could cause issues for me if reported up as just unvaccinated.

Then I told him, Hey, truthfully, I probably won't apply for the exemption. I'm offended that the Army thinks it can tell me if my religious beliefs are sincere and worthy.

Next, I pointed out that the form had a privacy act waiver. Hey, can you even force me to fill out this document and sign it if I don't want to waive privacy? What about the fact that they have rewritten the part about how it can be used? It says they intend to use it only for internal purposes, but in cases of emergency it can be released to health organizations, blah blah blah, including law enforcement. So, no, I can't voluntarily agree to all of that.

He looked nonplussed. I asked him what he was supposed to do if I refused to give him the form? He said he didn't know, no one else has refused. I said, Well let's try it, that will be interesting! (Hah! All of us are attorneys, so the fact that no one has even flinched at this invasion of privacy but me makes me feel like the smartest one in the room. Which is a sea change, I normally think they are all brilliant.)

Next, I went to see my immediate supervisor and told him the same thing. Got the same reaction. He said that he was only keeping the forms in a file in his desk, it wasn't going anywhere. I said, well let's pretend I gave it to you, then. Next he threw up his hands and said don't blame me, I'm just a cog in the machine. And I said, well, you don't have to be. Nothing much was said after that.

So today I'm going in and telling them I've thought about it, and will not voluntarily provide them with any information, nor will I sign any blanket form that permits them to release my information. FUN TIMES!

I am in an enviable position. My husband is a saver and has kept me on a short leash. I will submit my retirement papers this week and retire in March 2022, two years before my planned time. Slightly less money, but I won't have to feel like a 'Baddie' every day at work anymore. I have enough sick and annual leave to walk out the door on Jan 5. If they really rush, they might be able to punish me with a time period or two of leave without pay, but I doubt the system can move that fast. Best of all, last week on leave we found THE favorite area in Tennessee and will watch the property market for the next year while continuing to pay down the mortgage here. Looks like I'll be attending the Orthodox Church in Bluff City. ;)

See below - This REALLY helped me in my decision and in the way I discussed it with my supervisors. Thanks to Roosh for putting it up on October 25 and many thanks to this commenter, who helped spell out what I've been feeling in my bones for a while. I am staying outside the frame. The last paragraph is by NomoreTO from Canada. Many thanks from this Georgia girl!

Good for you. I'm glad you are standing up and making people uncomfortable about it. It's good that you're able to retire early, and I'm glad you were able to find an Orthodox community. Many blessings to you!

messaggera

Kingfisher
Woman
Seeing a pattern with Google searches for the alone term “vaccine,” and news.

In the last four hours BBC CNN and The Guardian are pushing the HPV vaccine in headlines. Fear of cancer.

The HPV vaccine is said to be a cause for infertility in females. The vaccine ingredients and case studies support such a claim.

Depopulation is not a conspiracy theory. Methods of control appear in historical accounts in other counties.

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member
My employer is now sending out weekly video messages from prominent people urging us to get vaccinated. I think I'm the only one in my department of a few dozen people who's not vaccinated and having to do these stupid weekly tests.
Same. Before I went on a 2.5 weeks vacation - I just returned today and now working remotely - I told my team's manager & supervisors upfront that I will not get vaccinated. They panicked; they know where I stand on this issue. I also told them I won't do the weekly testing garbage because I won't share private health/medical information with anyone - i.e., proof of vaccination. I live in a Blue State.

I resent having to do the stupid tests, but it wouldn't make sense to lose my job over that fairly minor hassle. They're paying for it - it's a shame how much money they must be wasting to do it, but at least I don't have to pay for it. I draw the line at the vaccine.
As I was going through my work emails to catch up this morning, I got a couple of "Mandatory Testing" emails that outlined what an employee must follow - i.e., where to take the weekly testing (contracted vendor), how & where to submit proof of testing, etc.

Not doing it.

The whole thing is really about control to demoralize an employee to comply. Otherwise, purge the unvaccinated employee(s) who refuse to comply.

honk-honk-meme.png.webp