Will you take the vaccine?

messaggera

Pelican
Woman
Other Christian

The vaccine was originally tested in a two-dose regimen, with each dose containing one-tenth of the amount of vaccine as an adult dose. But Pfizer announced late last year that in a clinical trial of children aged 2 to 4 years old, two doses failed to generate antibody levels on par with those seen in people aged 16 to 25 after two shots. Paradoxically, two doses given to infants aged 6 months to 23 months did appear to generate adequate protection.

Experimentation on the human population

Starlight

Kingfisher
Woman
Protestant

It's DELTA
“ Dr. Jeffery Goldstein”… “Lead author Dr. David Schwartz”… promoting pregos get vaxxed “or else!”…
Hmm… Seems made up…
<big think>

Last edited:

Lamkins

Woodpecker
Woman
Protestant
Wow. I thought the comedian’s fall was part of her act till her head hit. Edited-yikes, she fractured her skull.

A friend‘s co-workers, all jabbed, are out for the second time in two months with Covid. He and one other person are the only ones not jabbed in an office of a dozen. Guess who hasn’t gotten sick??

messaggera

Pelican
Woman
Other Christian

As federal regulators continue to investigate the COVID-19 vaccine in children under 5, a new report by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has identified cases of a potentially dangerous but quite rare hyper-inflammatory condition in vaccinated adolescents.

Researchers at the agency studied cases of multi-system inflammatory syndrome – an immune overreaction associated with COVID-19 infection – in vaccinated young people age 12 to 20 from Dec. 14, 2020, to Aug. 31, 2021.

“I completely understand some concern that parents might have, especially given the fact that it appears that two doses is not going to be enough and that those young children are probably going to need a third dose,” Myers said. “But I would just remind everybody that most childhood vaccines take multiple doses to take effect.”

The standard tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis, or Tdap, vaccine is a five-dose regimen. Pediatric polio, pneumococcal and flu vaccines also are multi-dose, Myers said.

DelMarMisty

Woodpecker
Woman
Orthodox
Lately I’ve been noticing people saying “the vaccines only stays in the body for like 6 months, so it won’t affect me in the long term” - I’m assuming this is not true and the the vaccine doesn’t just eventually leave the body?

Atlas Shrugged

Woodpecker
Woman
Protestant
Just found out someone I work with in a high position was forced to vax. I guess the higher ups had to but not the lowly hourly paid workers. Had heart attack and another condition that’s genetic that does not run in that persons family. Yes that person knows it’s the vax. No that person is not happy. I think that person is hoping to sue the company since you can’t sue the drug manufacturers.

Layla78

Pigeon
Woman
Protestant
Lately I’ve been noticing people saying “the vaccines only stays in the body for like 6 months, so it won’t affect me in the long term” - I’m assuming this is not true and the the vaccine doesn’t just eventually leave the body?
It's more that the effects of the vaccine can last longer. It's like how, when you get glandular fever, it can mess you up for a long time, even though the original infection is gone. Tick infections are another super common one where you can see long lasting effects.

So in the case of the covid vaccine what can happen is you might get heart inflammation, this leads to scar tissue in the heart which weakens the heart. This is basically permanent. If you stress the heart in future you might have a heart attack.

Or, you may get clotting from the vaccine. This cuts off oxygen to part of your brain or to some of your nerves and you end up with neurological damage because the cells which were oxygen starved died. So you might see something like bells palsy. Thankfully the body is amazing and so nerves can reroute and brain can adapt to an extent. But the effects are long lasting and people won't go back to the full function they had before.

Another concerning one is fertility. A lot of women reported period issues, and biodistribution studies in rodents showed that the vaxx spike protein accumulated in the ovaries. Fertility effects would take years to show up. Then if there is any impact on offspring (since women have all our eggs - what if the egg DNA is damaged and this is passed on to our baby?) that would take even longer to show up.

Pfizer has form. They recently made a cow vaccine where the babies born to the cows had some horrible bleeding disease. This is a company on record, charged multiple times, repeat offender, and people are willing to trust them.

There is also the fact that the vaccine seems to mess up some people's immune systems for a period after they get it. So if you get any disease during this time (or cancer) then it would be more severe than it otherwise would have been. This could have long term effects etc.

Layla78

Pigeon
Woman
Protestant
Just found out someone I work with in a high position was forced to vax. I guess the higher ups had to but not the lowly hourly paid workers. Had heart attack and another condition that’s genetic that does not run in that persons family. Yes that person knows it’s the vax. No that person is not happy. I think that person is hoping to sue the company since you can’t sue the drug manufacturers.
That's really sad. I hope they and others like them succeed.

Luna Novem

Kingfisher
Woman
Catholic
Just talked to my cousin for the first time in months. She says that she and her husband literally don't let anyone unvaccinated in their home.
I suppose if your entire social circle is vaccinated, this would be a non-issue... but I'm just over here thinking of all the people I'd be banning from my house if I were to do this. What a weird hill to die on.
Anyway, I'm sure not getting vaccinated just to go to her house.

Ah_Tibor

Pelican
Woman
Orthodox
Just talked to my cousin for the first time in months. She says that she and her husband literally don't let anyone unvaccinated in their home.

And if it really worked it would be a non-issue etc. instead of punishing wrongthink.

I only talk about it with my immediate fam (husband, mom, brother, dad) these days. Someone I know is trying to get pregnant and had severe bleeding after the booster and her doctor said it was "normal" but would probably take months to get back on track. Odd thing is she's also heavily into alternative medicine and is trying acupuncture and all kinds of "natural" diets, but if I said anything I would get shut down.

My mom worked at a hospital in the 80s where doctors were still underhandedly sterilizing people. I'm fairly sure "methods" have gotten better since then.

andy dufresne

Pelican
Other Christian
I suppose if your entire social circle is vaccinated, this would be a non-issue... but I'm just over here thinking of all the people I'd be banning from my house if I were to do this. What a weird hill to die on.
This is a great societal filter. Anyone who asks you for a medical document immediately gets the heeve-ho.

Oda Mae

Sparrow
Woman
Orthodox Inquirer
I just spent my 60th birthday with my two sisters - both vaccinated and boosted. I was so glad to have an opportunity to thank them for NOT ostracizing me or keeping me away from my father while we cared for him last year after his non Hodgkins Lymphoma. He is doing so much better now and I appreciate that we were able to work together to set up schedules so all of us could help. To the point that, when he caught COVID for the second time in December while I was there, my sister flew in from CA so I could leave and wouldn't be at risk. (I didn't feel at risk, but love the fierceness of that action.) I'm sorry about your cousin. I've decided that so many of my friends - unbeknownst to me - think they can somehow prevent death. Much easier to accept that it's a possibility and do your best to stay close to G-d. I think my odds are better than gambling on never dying. ;)

messaggera

Pelican
Woman
Other Christian

COVID patients are seeing excessive hair loss after infection

But were the patients seeing excessive hair loss due to previous condition, COVID, or the vaccine?

Recurrence of alopecia areata after covid-19 vaccination: A report of three cases in Italy

Results​

All patients had previous episodes of AA with total hair regrowth and stable remission during the months preceding the vaccination. Rapid hair loss occurred 2-3 weeks after BNT162b2 mRNA (patient 1) and AZD1222/ChAdOx1 vaccine (patient 2 and 3), with widespread hair loss in two cases and a single patch of the vertex in one case, with typical trichoscopic features of AA.

Discussion​

Both BNT162b2 mRNA and AZD1222/ChAdOx1 vaccines share the same goal of inducing the immune system, with antibodies production and Th1 cells activation with release of pro-inflammatory cytokines. Thus, in patients with pre-existing inflammatory dysregulated pathways, the interaction between the immune system and vaccines may enhance other autoimmune mechanisms. In our cases, we speculate that vaccine may have induced the hair loss focusing on components having a key role in both COVID-19 vaccination and AA pathogenesis.

Luna Novem

Kingfisher
Woman
Catholic
Two women told me just in the last month that this happened to them. Neither of them took the vaccine. One of them was saying she lost more hair after covid than after giving birth. She was praying "Lord, you say a woman's hair is her glory!"

So definitely not a vaccine thing in their cases, anyway.

But then there's all the people who DON'T lose hair after covid. I didn't. I just had covid in January and my hair's crazy thick as ever!

Ah_Tibor

Pelican
Woman
Orthodox
Two women told me just in the last month that this happened to them. Neither of them took the vaccine. One of them was saying she lost more hair after covid than after giving birth. She was praying "Lord, you say a woman's hair is her glory!"

So definitely not a vaccine thing in their cases, anyway.

But then there's all the people who DON'T lose hair after covid. I didn't. I just had covid in January and my hair's crazy thick as ever!

I'm not following the Will Smith thing at all but I read this last night

messaggera

Pelican
Woman
Other Christian
An older neighbor said yesterday, "What is going on everyone is dying in our neighborhood," he lost his wife last month.

Two of our neighbors (older and different households) were put on ventilators (pneumonia) and "died from COVID."

Another household an older husband started to have heart pains back in August (received vaccine as soon as available in March) ended up having open heart surgery. While recovering he had a stroke, and recovered from that two months ago. This past week his wife had a stroke. Came home, but now back in the hospital with pneumonia. The husband and wife were active, cognitive, and walked everyday.

Tell us it is not the vaxx.