Will you take the vaccine?

Lamkins

Robin
That's the scare tactic doctors/nurses use to convince you to get your child vaccinated. Don't fall for it. My kids ages 9, 7 , and 2 have never received a vaccine in their life. Up until covid started they all went to preschool and public school, and they did just fine, only getting some seasonal bug. I keep this very private. Only (supportive) people in my immediate family knows about it. For my kids' safety, I've instructed them to never discuss it with anyone that's not us. Try to find a doctor that is open minded about vaccines, better yet switch your pediatrician for a family doctor who will be less inclined to push for vaccines.

Public schools don’t require proof of vaccinations?

Camellia

Pigeon

NoMoreTO

Ostrich
They do, but there are exemption forms you can fill out. There are three types of exemptions, depending on the state: medical, religious, and philosophical. We live in PA and never had a problem.

I have doubts the law will protect you. New laws will be drafted, they might not have a leg to stand on, but the police will be enforcing them.

Still good to know the existing law.

Camellia

Pigeon
I have doubts the law will protect you. New laws will be drafted, they might not have a leg to stand on, but the police will be enforcing them.

Still good to know the existing law.
I was talking about childhood vaccinations in general. The corona vaccine is something else and I'm sure it won't be as easy to avoid, but I'm hopeful that we will find some kind of legal protection if need be. Our kids are homeschooled now and we have no plans to send them back to public school again, so that's one less thing to worry about. The only thing that worries me is that airlines might allow themselves to become the vaccine enforcement agencies and I won't be able to travel to see my family abroad.

NoMoreTO

Ostrich
I was talking about childhood vaccinations in general. The corona vaccine is something else and I'm sure it won't be as easy to avoid, but I'm hopeful that we will find some kind of legal protection if need be. Our kids are homeschooled now and we have no plans to send them back to public school again, so that's one less thing to worry about. The only thing that worries me is that airlines might allow themselves to become the vaccine enforcement agencies and I won't be able to travel to see my family abroad.

I definitely think the window on travel will be closing for the conscientious objectors.

Good to hear your kids are home schooled. A friend of mine recently got put into a home quarantine for 2 weeks because a kid in his daughters' class tested positive. Not to mention the gay flags and indoctrination.

Ah_Tibor

Sparrow
Yeah, I get the scare tactics. The general propaganda has been getting worse every year. I don't have support on any familial side (except my husband and I think he might cave if it gets too difficult, though he is very stubborn so I'm hopeful). I was homeschooled so I'm on the fence for our kids, lol.

His sister and her husband just got the covid jab, the latter got a mini flu.

Camellia

Pigeon
I definitely think the window on travel will be closing for the conscientious objectors.

Good to hear your kids are home schooled. A friend of mine recently got put into a home quarantine for 2 weeks because a kid in his daughters' class tested positive. Not to mention the gay flags and indoctrination.
Goodness, what a nightmare! There's never been a better time to homeschool kids than now. I wish I had started earlier! Aside from the awful "new normal", public school is just a place of progressive indoctrination.

Ah_Tibor

Sparrow
Last edited:

Lamkins

Robin
OP here. I hope we’re using the same standard as Britain because I’d be exempt due to being on immunosuppressants. If true I’ve never been so thankful to have crohn’s!! Either way, doing well is something you guard religiously with Crohn’s and do nothing to mess it up, so that will be my argument against it. I don’t take the flu shot for the same reason. Even on immunosuppressants (and no flu jab) I haven’t had the flu since 1996.

I’m certain my blue-pilled mother-in-law will get it. I hope it doesn’t kill her. Nobody on my side is getting it as we’re all very suspicious of the gov.

Blade Runner

Pelican
As others have said, if you are a joyous person and healthy, you tend to call this minimal virus out for what it is. And people hate you for it, because mostly they don't have joy or good health. On a doctor board I told them that the risk of the vaccine for someone like me is FAR more than confronting sars-cov2, and likely that is a lock since it's nearly 100% certain it's happened and I've already defeated it 1-2 or 10 times. A poster went on to ask others how he could find out who I was so that medical boards might ban me. What a freak show some of these people are. He did prove the poster right (I think it was @JiggyLordJr) who said it is miserable people that do these kinds of things, since misery loves company. Sad.

Starlight

Robin
Someone close to me just got the vaccine, a self-described “devout Catholic” as well. Now all I hear from this person is how I should “just get it so we can all move on!” Really reminds me of people who make choices they feel conflicted about and try to get as many people to join them so they can rationalize their behavior.

This “pandemic” has really exposed a lot of lukewarm and cultural Christians. I’ve seen a good share of so-called Christians turn into absolute chicken livers from fear of COVID and dying. It’s very interesting.

Leeloo

Robin
It seemed that the vaccine was so far off that I wouldn’t need to worry about dealing with it, but I received a wake up call today in the form of an email from my employer saying that the vaccine is available to our sector. There is no way I want this questionable vaccination.
Right now the employers aren’t requiring it (yet) or even openly encouraging it (yet), but I feel there may come a time soon when it will get pushed harder in order to enter the workplace. We are still partially remote now.

I don’t fully trust my organization. They run super liberal and the last major communication we received before this was in regards to the “tragic, horrific terrorist attacks” on the White House last week and how we should talk with our children to understand the nature of the bad, bad conservatives. An entire year of death, riots, and turmoil, yet they chose to speak out in bias about that particular incident and protecting our children’s feelings?? Where were they when mobs were burning down cities?? They are part of the propaganda machine for sure. Children in general shouldn’t be concerned with adult politics.

Sorry, rant over!

Leeloo

Robin
It seemed that the vaccine was so far off that I wouldn’t need to worry about dealing with it, but I received a wake up call today in the form of an email from my employer saying that the vaccine is available to our sector. There is no way I want this questionable vaccination.
Right now the employers aren’t requiring it (yet) or even openly encouraging it (yet), but I feel there may come a time soon when it will get pushed harder in order to physically re-enter the workplace. We are still partially remote now.

I don’t fully trust my organization. They run super liberal and the last major communication we received before this was in regards to the “tragic, horrific terrorist attacks” on the White House last week and how we should talk with our children to understand the nature of the bad, bad conservatives. An entire year of death, riots, and turmoil, yet they chose to speak out in bias about that particular incident and protecting our children’s feelings?? Where were they when mobs were burning down cities?? They are part of the propaganda machine for sure. Children in general shouldn’t be concerned with adult politics.

Sorry, rant over!

I should add that I work in the field of K-12 education. I’m in an urban public district in a high-profile blue state. I wasn’t able to edit my original post. I just feel this is an important fact to tell, in light of what’s been going on in the US, and another significant factor of our current system of ‘education.’ Keep vigilant, and educated, my friends.

Last edited:
A Nursing Home had Zero Coronavirus Deaths. Then, It Vaccinates Residents for Coronavirus and the Deaths Begin.
Things seem to be working backwards at The Commons on St. Anthony nursing home in Auburn, New York. Vaccinating people is supposed to reduce or end coronavirus deaths. Right? But, at The Commons, such deaths are reported to have occurred only after residents began receiving coronavirus vaccinations.

James T. Mulder wrote Saturday at syracuse.com that until December 29 there had been no coronavirus deaths at The Commons. December 29, when deaths of residents with coronavirus began occurring at The Commons, is also, Mulder’s article discloses, seven days days after the nursing home began giving coronavirus vaccinations to residents, with 80 percent of residents so far having been vaccinated.

Over a period of less than two weeks since December 29, Mulder relates that 24 coronavirus-infected residents at the 300-bed nursing home have died.

Is the timing just a strange coincidence?
Yeah, gonna pass on that vax for now - and by now I mean ever.

I don't know how "credible" the Ron Paul Institute is (really no idea who to "trust" these days), but already knowing that things like this happen... wouldn't be surprised at all.