Will younger women be put off as I get older?

Atom89

Sparrow
I'm 31 and I would like to have friendships with women. A lot of people mistaken me for a 25 year old.

I go on a regular basis got to pubs and clubs. When I go out and I have chances however at what age will this stop? When they think I'm some creep and they do not wish to have anything with an older man?

An example of this is last week I went to a well known pub chain and the younger females sitting on the opposite table kept looking at me, even giving signals for them indicating to me they wanted to talk but I did not take up the opportunity.

I dress well, keep fit etc.

I'm 31 and I would like to have friendships with women. A lot of people mistaken me for a 25 year old.

I go on a regular basis got to pubs and clubs. When I go out and I have chances however at what age will this stop? When they think I'm some creep and they do not wish to have anything with an older man?

An example of this is last week I went to a well known pub chain and the younger females sitting on the opposite table kept looking at me, even giving signals for them indicating to me they wanted to talk but I did not take up the opportunity.

I dress well, keep fit etc.

I was like that at your age, mostly stopped in my late 30s although every now and then even at the age of 46 i can draw interest from an early 20s female. I don't act on it anymore tho #married.

MtnMan

Kingfisher
At 31 your are golden to go after girls from 20 on up. I had my best luck with women in the early 20's when I was in my early 30's. My magic age seemed to be 24 for whatever reason. You need to have the attitude that you are desirable, and just go with it. If they are not interested, no big deal, if they are, great. I can tell you, most women are not turned off by a confident guy in his 30's.

Personally, I started feeling a little sick of clubs after the age of 30, but its hard to find that kind of concentration of available women elsewhere.

Last edited:

Waverer

Robin
If your wealth and status grow faster than you age, then the opposite will happen. But all else like status and income being equal, a 36 year old will be less attractive to a woman in her early 20s than a 30 year old. On the other hand, you'd be surprised how hot a woman in her early 30s starts to look when you get to your late 30s, and there are a lot of desperate women in their early 30s out there. (No doubt when I hit my late 40s I'll say the same about women in their late 30s.)

Country and culture are big factors here

I keep hearing people, both on RVF and elsewhere (a YouTuber like Better Bachelor for instance) repeat the mantra that your early thirties are the best part of your life when it comes to dating

This due to looks, money and social calibration peaking at that age. According to this line of reasoning women in their early and mid 20s are primarily interested in men in this age bracket.

It's like that in more status minded developing countries like Colombia and The Philippines. Maybe the USA also edges towards this mentality, I don't know

However, my own experiences are totally different. Where I am from, if you are early 30s, the best you can realistically do is late 20s. Let's say 27-28 for a 31-33 year old male. Below that is just not going to work. Girls don't want a guy 10 years their senior. It not socially acceptable either

I guess this is where your worries come from. In England things might be similar, most English girls I met abroad had boyfriends in their age range at least. Use it as a wake up call, the clock is ticking. Time to get more serious about things

redbeard

Hummingbird
Gold Member
It used to be a manosphere meme that all women are attracted to older guys. There is truth in this, and there are studies that back this up, but the reality is that attraction is only one factor in what brings together people of different age groups.

Although a much older man might have the advantage in attraction and wealth, he lacks youth and energy, and also social cohesion. Anyone who's dated a girl 4+ years their junior knows there are cultural differences between generations.

These roadblocks are less of a hurdle when you're meeting earthly girls at pubs and dating for fornication (which the OP suggests). In these situations, physical attraction is usually the #1 motivation, so of course we were led to believe that we could all meet 20 year old girls well into our 50's.

Realistically, I'd say it's a bell curve. You're most likely going to attract a girl your age (+/- 2 years). If you play your cards right you should be able to get a girl 3-5 years younger than you, and then some men will land in a circumstance where she's even younger than that.

This is why I'd suggest we ditch the "wait until you're 30 to settle down" schtick. If you're 22 and meet a nice 20 year old girl, go for it. It's very possible you don't get such an opportunity ever again.

MtnMan

Kingfisher
It used to be a manosphere meme that all women are attracted to older guys. There is truth in this, and there are studies that back this up, but the reality is that attraction is only one factor in what brings together people of different age groups.

Although a much older man might have the advantage in attraction and wealth, he lacks youth and energy, and also social cohesion. Anyone who's dated a girl 4+ years their junior knows there are cultural differences between generations.

These roadblocks are less of a hurdle when you're meeting earthly girls at pubs and dating for fornication (which the OP suggests). In these situations, physical attraction is usually the #1 motivation, so of course we were led to believe that we could all meet 20 year old girls well into our 50's.

Realistically, I'd say it's a bell curve. You're most likely going to attract a girl your age (+/- 2 years). If you play your cards right you should be able to get a girl 3-5 years younger than you, and then some men will land in a circumstance where she's even younger than that.

This is why I'd suggest we ditch the "wait until you're 30 to settle down" schtick. If you're 22 and meet a nice 20 year old girl, go for it. It's very possible you don't get such an opportunity ever again.
Good advice here! I found myself single when I was 30 after a LTR that I thought I would marry. I had no trouble meeting and fornicating with girls in their early 20's, but did not have much luck finding one to settle down with.

I ended up meeting my now wife, we are both the same age and we are married with a 14 month old little girl. I wish we had met 10 years earlier, because starting a family in your 30's is no joke. Going months on end with inproper sleep while working full time and maintaining the homestead/cars/whatever else is something that would be easier with the energy of a man in his early 20's. However, I am smarter and make much more money now than I did then, so its a trade off, like most things.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
Worldly women are looking for as many exceptional worldly traits as possible and no red herrings.
I have know very charismatic, but otherwise average guys with girls about 20 years their junior (Western country).
But give it another ten years for the beer guts to swell and hair to fall out and game over.

I am seeing women who played the same game, of various levels of attractiveness, who used their attractiveness to garner themselves attention and pleasure and think of themselves as a god. Now they look like look like shells of women, wracked with mental issues.

If you are 31 and in The UK and all that is exceptional about you is you are (fairly) good looking, that will go, and this attention you are used to will only be accessible with cash. As noted younger Western women are not particularly serious. Use your gift while you still have it to assist in finding a woman who will accept you when it goes. Beyond that you will need to go abroad if your primary interest is youth.

Hypno

Crow
Work on yourself.

A lot of guys get married in their late 20s or early 30s, then get divorced. After a huge gap, they find themselves back in the dating market.

Most of them report that even though they are less fit than before they were married, they are happier and more confident and women respond to that.

To quote Mike Damone, " I mean I just send out this vibe and I have personally found that women do respond. I mean, something happens."

898254a7ef015756b9f26d39ced0dc7d_md.jpg

Worldly women are looking for as many exceptional worldly traits as possible and no red herrings.
I have know very charismatic, but otherwise average guys with girls about 20 years their junior (Western country).
But give it another ten years for the beer guts to swell and hair to fall out and game over.

Chad takes effort to maintain. Discipline is important for everyone. Especially for Men who want to remain top of the Game.

GWYW2015

Woodpecker
Orthodox
Country and culture are big factors here

I keep hearing people, both on RVF and elsewhere (a YouTuber like Better Bachelor for instance) repeat the mantra that your early thirties are the best part of your life when it comes to dating

This due to looks, money and social calibration peaking at that age. According to this line of reasoning women in their early and mid 20s are primarily interested in men in this age bracket.

It's like that in more status minded developing countries like Colombia and The Philippines. Maybe the USA also edges towards this mentality, I don't know

However, my own experiences are totally different. Where I am from, if you are early 30s, the best you can realistically do is late 20s. Let's say 27-28 for a 31-33 year old male. Below that is just not going to work. Girls don't want a guy 10 years their senior. It not socially acceptable either

I guess this is where your worries come from. In England things might be similar, most English girls I met abroad had boyfriends in their age range at least. Use it as a wake up call, the clock is ticking. Time to get more serious about things
Absolutely agree with you about time to get more serious.

Augustus_Principe

Woodpecker

Great response. Unless you're planning to go overseas where women don't see much of a problem with a man's age, it is best to start getting serious about courtship and eventual marriage when you're young, ie you're early 20s. Men will say that "you are not ready" at this age range to marry, but when is a man ever "ready"? When he's older, and women in the west stop being interested in him because of his age? Also, Men in the manosphere would say this in order to rationalize their years of fornication. Had nothing to do with preparing for marriage.

Even if you look 5-10 years younger than your actual age, once a woman finds out your real age, she will be turned off. That's the unfortunate reality here in the west and specifically here in the U.S. She may be interested in you in terms of fornication so that she may tell all her friends she had sex with someone 10+ years older than her, but that's as far as most men will be able to go with a young woman of today's western culture. I too, look younger for my age, but I have already experienced first hand that when telling women my real age (my early 30s to their early 20s), they change. Of course this is only on worldly women as i've yet to go up to a Traditional Catholic woman, and perhaps the girls in church are different, but I doubt it. I wonder how a father would react in the future if I went up to him and asked if I could court his 20ish year old daughter. Time will tell and I will come back with an answer if and when this happens in the future.

Still, I suggest men go as young as they can with a woman (18+ of course) because of how important age is in relation to a woman's fertility. Even if it is not so socially acceptable here in the U.S for a woman to be with a man 10 years or older than her, it is worth a shot. We just have to be real with ourselves if we keep finding ourselves rejected by women in their early 20s. I would not advise any man to court a woman older than 28. The reason for this being that realistically, by the time you get to know each other and marry, she will be 30, and her fertility clock will already be ticking. As user MtnMan pointed out, starting a family is stressful on a man in his 30s. You can only imagine the stress it puts on a 30 year old woman. She will not want to have more than 3 (if she can even have more than 3 kids). If you're an older man(no matter the age), you should limit yourself to the late 20s woman unless you do not care about not having children.

Really, only time will tell how long you'll be attractive to young women. Could be another 20 years if you keep fit, take care of your appearance, and don't make a bunch of boomer "when I was your age..." jokes or cultural references.

The once piece of advice I have is: if you start balding, shave your head or do a short buzz. Few things look worse than a guy trying to hold onto hair that's not there anymore.

RoadKill

Sparrow
Stop worrying about it and stop worrying about how old the woman you're going to shack up is. Focus on yourself and being fit. Women are just as messed up in their 20's as they were in their teens and they'll be just as messed up in their early 30's and even more messed up in their late 30's. They won't be messed up any more in their 40's, they'll just be desperate.

I've been married twice. Both have been dumpster fires. Neither time I was actively looking for a wife. The first time, I was just out clubbing in the 90's and wasn't religious at the time. The second time was in the church in the mid-2000's and elders had to talk me into letting women in. I wish I didn't listen to them.

From what I've seen, the more you care, the more you'll be rejected. When you stop caring about having relationships with women, that's when one or more will come your way.

RK

Salinger

Kingfisher
However, my own experiences are totally different. Where I am from, if you are early 30s, the best you can realistically do is late 20s. Let's say 27-28 for a 31-33 year old male. Below that is just not going to work. Girls don't want a guy 10 years their senior. It not socially acceptable either...

What country are you in that has women thinking like this?

What makes it not socially acceptable?