Will younger women be put off as I get older?

soli.deo.gloria

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
I've noticed a lot of people I've done professional training with look a LOT older (I think most people fall into this category) when I have seen them for the first time in a few years, recently. Is it a covid thing or is it just a general rule that most are on the stress hamster wheel of american achievement/materialism? I guess part of it could be family stuff or raising kids, but not all of these people have kids, either.

Not sure if it's related to the coof but I have noticed this too and also wondered if something is going on. Went into the office recently (it's been a while) and a few looked normal/the same as before yet some looked like they aged 5+ years in the past 12-18 months. For what it's worth I am pretty certain they are both vaxxed.

Blade Runner

Ostrich
Orthodox
Not sure if it's related to the coof but I have noticed this too and also wondered if something is going on. Went into the office recently (it's been a while) and a few looked normal/the same as before yet some looked like they aged 5+ years in the past 12-18 months. For what it's worth I am pretty certain they are both vaxxed.
I try to be objective about this. One thing a friend mentioned is that at least for aging people, many dyed their hair and with the change over the covid narratives, many stopped doing it (so previous to that they were actually always fooling us a bit). But I'm actually focusing on the 30-50 year old crowd. I've noticed face, hair, and body morphology changes. A friend recently said only 4% of people both exercise (smartly) and eat healthy.

I think that's the genesis of this, to be honest.

Y'all should check out the episode of Little House on the Prairie called Doctor's Lady. That show in general has become one of my favs but this episode tackles the older man, younger woman dynamic with a lot of grace and wisdom.

MKE-Ed

Woodpecker
I've noticed a lot of people I've done professional training with look a LOT older (I think most people fall into this category) when I have seen them for the first time in a few years, recently. Is it a covid thing or is it just a general rule that most are on the stress hamster wheel of american achievement/materialism? I guess part of it could be family stuff or raising kids, but not all of these people have kids, either.
Several years back I had a conversation with someone that told me that if you look at pictures of people from the 1930’s until the very early 1960’s, one of the things you will notice is that people that were already in their early to mid 20s already looked a lot older than they were actually. I believe this was due to the fact that the majority of people had already been married by their mid 20s. They already had kids at that point and many of them already owned their own homes. They grew up quicker and they had to deal with a stress and life’s challenges sooner than generations did later. This probably aged those people sooner in their lives.

Blade Runner

Ostrich
Orthodox
Several years back I had a conversation with someone that told me that if you look at pictures of people from the 1930’s until the very early 1960’s, one of the things you will notice is that people that were already in their early to mid 20s already looked a lot older than they were actually. I believe this was due to the fact that the majority of people had already been married by their mid 20s. They already had kids at that point and many of them already owned their own homes. They grew up quicker and they had to deal with a stress and life’s challenges sooner than generations did later. This probably aged those people sooner in their lives.
I suspect that this is true on a population level. Thanks for the input. It probably also fits Mitteldorf's theory that aging is an ecologic reality: be around long enough to export your wisdom to those who need it, but pass away in due time for obvious resource and crowding reasons.

Seeker79

Kingfisher
Met a 30yo widow with a 6yo son few months ago. After one date I parted ways despite liking her because of the single mom thing.

Recently been considering contacting her again. Not sure if she will entertain meeting again. I felt like she was a good woman and mature. Told me she wants to build a family.

Also, not sure if it’s my own loneliness and desperation making me consider trying to contact her again.

Mikeyd03

Woodpecker
who cares....just take care of yourself and do what makes you happy. When you stop caring about what puts women off and on.....life is much better :)

What puts you on?

Solitarius

Sparrow
To answer the original question it depends; if you've got a lot of money there will be no difficulties, however if you're rather poor the obstacles you'll encounter will most certainly be insurmountable. The ancients understood this very well, consider a quotation from Hesiod "Do not let any sweet-talking woman beguile your good sense with the fascinations of her shape. It's your barn she's after."

Solitarius

Sparrow
To answer the original question it depends; if you've got a lot of money there will be no difficulties, however if you're rather poor the obstacles you'll encounter will most certainly be insurmountable. The ancients understood this very well, consider a quotation from Hesiod "Do not let any sweet-talking woman beguile your good sense with the fascinations of her shape. It's your barn she's after."
I found another translation of the above that I like better:

Do not let a flattering woman coax and wheedle you and deceive you; she is after your barn. Hesiod.​

soli.deo.gloria

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
Met a 30yo widow with a 6yo son few months ago. After one date I parted ways despite liking her because of the single mom thing.

Recently been considering contacting her again. Not sure if she will entertain meeting again. I felt like she was a good woman and mature. Told me she wants to build a family.

Also, not sure if it’s my own loneliness and desperation making me consider trying to contact her again.
I know the feeling from scrolling through dating profiles. I occasionally find a woman that looks promising but then I read or see in pictures she has children. I do want children but I want them to be my own.

Seeker79

Kingfisher
I know the feeling from scrolling through dating profiles. I occasionally find a woman that looks promising but then I read or see in pictures she has children. I do want children but I want them to be my own.
In line with the topic of this thread, my age (late 30s) is creating pressure and anxiety to start a family. I feel like I am running out of time to marry someone younger with every day that passes.

soli.deo.gloria

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
In line with the topic of this thread, my age (late 30s) is creating pressure and anxiety to start a family. I feel like I am running out of time to marry someone younger with every day that passes.
I know the feeling brother, more than you know. We just have to keep the faith and do our best to be the kind of man that a quality woman would want to be with. The rest is up to God.

If any of you do end up getting married make sure you're worth more alive than dead, otherwise you might get something extra along with the milk she puts into your tea ha ha ha!
Famous funny story about Winston Churchill: some woman who disagreed with his political opinions thought it would be a good idea to make a veiled threat against him. She said, "if I were your wife, I should put poison in your tea!"

Churchill replied, "madam, if you were my wife, I'd drink it!"

But yes, I think that in general, while you're on your way "up" it's easier to secure loyalty, and acceptable behavior, from a woman. I notice this all the time with famous people - the wife will initiate divorce when she suspects her husband's career has passed its zenith.

A great example is Dave Foley, whose wife divorced him as soon as his show was canceled. That was a deliberate tactic to make sure she got the most alimony possible. He describes the situation here:
I'm sure it's a common thing with non-famous people too. I really don't have a solution to this problem. I realize this forum, and Roosh's brand, have transitioned into advocacy for marriage and commitment, and I'm not opposed to that in theory. I just don't have any confidence that a woman I might marry will fulfill her end of the contract.

In my experience, the only reliable way to keep a woman acting right is to retain my power to walk away. Understanding this truth was one of the greatest differences between my blue-pilled life and my (much better outcomes) red-pilled life.

And if you abandon that ability to walk away, as you must in marriage, then as you point out, the next bulwark you have is "being worth more to her alive than dead" - but that only lasts a little while. What then?

@ Monsquid

"In line with the topic of this thread, my age (late 30s) is creating pressure and anxiety to start a family. I feel like I am running out of time to marry someone younger with every day that passes"

Any unmarried man over the age of thirty in the West needs to look overseas. The majority of men won't entertain this option. Approximately 50% of the population in the US don't have a passport. Don't make the mistake that I made. Look overseas!

Blade Runner

Ostrich
Orthodox

I recently got a random message suggesting I consider woman (older than the one you quote, in fact about a decade) who has two kids because "she's around my age". She is a good woman, but divorced and with that story.

I don't take it as an insult, because I honestly don't think these older generations can help themselves, but at what point does not considering what you are saying or suggesting, without thinking about it, actually an insult? I have no kids, never been married, am successful, etc. In what world would I marry a woman with kids and with whom I have no chance to have a family of my own? Is all these people look at ... age? :alien:

I think this is why I came to the conclusion a few years back that there's no hope in the west. Generations are either ignorant (don' think), dishonest, or frankly as a result unhelpful - in promoting traditional or incentive based relationships - regarding pretty obvious biological realities. You would think older people who are of your same religion would consider this ... the more and more I think about it I think it's probably just an easy "Hey how about so and so" fulfilling some "nice" thing to do without having to put really any effort (mental in this case) into it. What's funnier is that this the person is a man - you'd expect such things from a woman, sure. lol

Last edited:
@ Blade Runner

"I have no kids, never been married, am successful, etc. In what world would I marry a woman with kids and with whom I have no chance to have a family of my own? Is all these people look at ... age?"

Yes - all these people look at is age! The 'youth culture' developed in the US and the UK in the nineteen sixties. Go outside of the Anglosphere countries and people aren't as hung up on age differences. It is only in the Anglosphere (and some EU countries) that it is considered weird / creepy for an older man to date younger women. Don't get me wrong, you'll have to bring something to the table (you don't have to be rich). You can't just rock up like 'Otto Mann' from the Simpsons and expect young women to swoon all over you.

"I think this is why I came to the conclusion a few years back that there's no hope in the west. Generations are either ignorant (don' think), dishonest, or frankly as a result unhelpful - in promoting traditional or incentive based relationships - regarding pretty obvious biological realities"

There is no hope in the West. This is not being black pilled, but realistic. There are good women in the West, however, they partner up by their early to mid-twenties. If she's not married by about twenty five then ninety nine time out of one hundred she will have been "corrupted" by this world. Any man that is not married by thirty needs to look outside of the West / the Anglosphere. Don't make the mistake that I made. The person that is trying to hook you up with this divorcee probably thinks that they are doing you a favour LOL.

Nordwand

Kingfisher
Famous funny story about Winston Churchill: some woman who disagreed with his political opinions thought it would be a good idea to make a veiled threat against him. She said, "if I were your wife, I should put poison in your tea!"

Churchill replied, "madam, if you were my wife, I'd drink it!"

But yes, I think that in general, while you're on your way "up" it's easier to secure loyalty, and acceptable behavior, from a woman. I notice this all the time with famous people - the wife will initiate divorce when she suspects her husband's career has passed its zenith.

A great example is Dave Foley, whose wife divorced him as soon as his show was canceled. That was a deliberate tactic to make sure she got the most alimony possible. He describes the situation here:
I'm sure it's a common thing with non-famous people too. I really don't have a solution to this problem. I realize this forum, and Roosh's brand, have transitioned into advocacy for marriage and commitment, and I'm not opposed to that in theory. I just don't have any confidence that a woman I might marry will fulfill her end of the contract.

In my experience, the only reliable way to keep a woman acting right is to retain my power to walk away. Understanding this truth was one of the greatest differences between my blue-pilled life and my (much better outcomes) red-pilled life.

And if you abandon that ability to walk away, as you must in marriage, then as you point out, the next bulwark you have is "being worth more to her alive than dead" - but that only lasts a little while. What then?

I recall a post somewhere, from a guy over in the US. His wife hit him with a frivorce, only to find out that, although he lived an extremely comfortable life, pretty well everything was either in his father's name, or registered to the family firm.

DeusLuxMeaEst

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
I recently got a random message suggesting I consider woman (older than the one you quote, in fact about a decade) who has two kids because "she's around my age". She is a good woman, but divorced and with that story.

I don't take it as an insult, because I honestly don't think these older generations can help themselves, but at what point does not considering what you are saying or suggesting, without thinking about it, actually an insult? I have no kids, never been married, am successful, etc. In what world would I marry a woman with kids and with whom I have no chance to have a family of my own? Is all these people look at ... age? :alien:

I think this is why I came to the conclusion a few years back that there's no hope in the west. Generations are either ignorant (don' think), dishonest, or frankly as a result unhelpful - in promoting traditional or incentive based relationships - regarding pretty obvious biological realities. You would think older people who are of your same religion would consider this ... the more and more I think about it I think it's probably just an easy "Hey how about so and so" fulfilling some "nice" thing to do without having to put really any effort (mental in this case) into it. What's funnier is that this the person is a man - you'd expect such things from a woman, sure. lol

Maybe this belongs in the boomer thread, but I hear you brother. The boomers and even Gen X are so out of touch with the dating scene you might as well do the opposite of whatever they 'advise'.

They never had to deal with insane entitlement, or women riding the carousel. Sure there was maybe a few loose women everyone knew about, or even a lukewarm Christian girl who kept it on the down low, but full blown lack of suitable female partners in the west that exists today? Unprecedented.

That message about considering a women a decade your senior with kids shows how idiotic and out of touch some people are. It cracks me up, so at least I get humor out of it.

And the not being picky advice part usually comes from guys who, Lord forgive me, have wives I would never consider. Let others settle, cause I won't and if it's God's will for me to be single so be it.