Woke Military

Easy_C

Peacock
The higher in rank the less open slots and the more competitive it becomes. Colonels got to be colonels for good reason. The system worked well.
No, it didn’t. The system looked at two things; how much your boss liked you and how much your boss’s boss likes you. Also slightly if you have a graduate degree (doesn’t matter which m. Worthless for profits count).

Zero look at combat results, operational metrics, etc.

What matters is making your boss like you, when said boss rotates every 18 months or so. Which means in order to succeed you need to be an empty suit chameleon who can woo a different boss every 1.5 years or so and the boss’s boss.

That’s why so many senior officers are virtue signaling so hard. They’re empty suit sycophants whose main skill is reading the political room and pandering to it.

Dr Mantis Toboggan

Kingfisher
Gold Member
There was a picture of a person wearing a uniform that looked a lot like a Marine Corps uniform that also wore insignia that looked like a colonels, I believe it was that. At any rate, this was a female and she looked like a librarian. Probably a lesbian as she was NOT attractive and had the appearance of being a women's studies professor. Her profile was predictable. Bulbous, pear shaped and undeniably unathletic. A large midsection, which did not flatter the rest of her flabby body. She sported thick glasses that helped obscure, yet only slightly, the beady eyes behind them. This person was not designed for war or physical hardship of any kind, if anything, it was designed to inefficiently process diary products. Yet said person is a colonel or even a general. Officer selection is a competitive thing. Its a pyramid of sorts. The higher in rank the less open slots and the more competitive it becomes. Colonels got to be colonels for good reason. The system worked well. Whatever and whoever this "colonel" or possibly "general" is proves the system is corrupt. A fat wobbling daycare center assistant with a short crop hair and indistinct jawline that recedes back into her skull is truly the complete opposite of the ideal the Marine Corps I was a member of promoted. She probably gets winded walking up the stairs.

Talk about not having to submit your photo any longer. The full ensemble of this person screams diversity hire, or in this case, promotion.

Could have been Navy, they wear MARPAT (or very similar) uniforms in some environments and some of their enlisted rank insignia look a bit like a COL/CAPT eagle.

TutorGuina

Woodpecker
In a way this is Trump's fault
Obama purged the military upper echelons first opportunity he had
Trump could barely get Flyn out of jail for a non-crime(and for how long?) and was blatantly ignored when he ordered the troops out of Syria

Might assume the troops fighting the criminal war against Assad are the least woke and this could become commonplace in the future

Trannies and women: Ceremonial and Parade Guard

Thugs and Antifa: National Guard for crushing civilians

Educated synchopants and psychopaths: Intelligence, espionage and secret police(FBI)

Working class and patriotic alphas: foreign wars to enforce global influence of the old empire while keeping potential resistance out of domestic soil

C-Note

Ostrich
Gold Member
To play devil's advocate, the "maternity flight suits for fighter pilots" thing is a bit of a red herring. Obviously a pregnant woman at any stage has no business being in a fighter jet. But there are a number of other aircraft frames (bombers, transport planes, etc) which are no more taxing on a pregnant woman's body than a commercial airliner is, on top of which flight suits are an everyday work uniform for a lot of service members even if they don't actually go up in the air--mechanics, drone "pilots", or even just trained pilots who are currently in a desk job. And to be clear, I'm not advocating that women be in those positions in the first place--in an ideal world I don't think they should be in the military at all outside of a handful of jobs like nursing, office clerk type jobs, and certain intelligence specialties--but realistically that isn't going to change any time soon, and fighter pilots on active flight status are only a tiny fraction (wild ass guess would be no more than 1-2%) of female service members who might wear a flight suit to work on any given day. So I guess my issue is less that they're designing maternity flight suits and more that the f'ing commander in chief is hailing it as some sort of great achievement while the military's actual combat capabilities crumble.

And drone operators ("pilots") wear flight suits. But, as you say, this is a distraction from the real issue.

C-Note

Ostrich
Gold Member
WHY? Why would you put them in flight suits instead of normal duty uniform?
I'm sure we know why pilots wear flight suits in the cockpit instead of a regular duty uniform. However, it is somewhat controversial in the military, and is a subject of some derision and ridicule by non-aircrew and enlisted members (at least in the Air Force), about how pilots insist on wearing their flight suits as much as possible even when no airplane is in sight. A drone aircraft console, from what I've seen from photos, is not a restricted environment like an aircraft cockpit, so it probably could be argued that it's not necessary for a drone operator to wear a flight suit. Nevertheless, pilots (who fly the drones) would be screwed to the ceiling if you told them they couldn't wear their flight suits while flying their drones.

Dr Mantis Toboggan

Kingfisher
Gold Member
In a way this is Trump's fault
Obama purged the military upper echelons first opportunity he had
Trump could barely get Flyn out of jail for a non-crime(and for how long?) and was blatantly ignored when he ordered the troops out of Syria

Might assume the troops fighting the criminal war against Assad are the least woke and this could become commonplace in the future

Trannies and women: Ceremonial and Parade Guard

Thugs and Antifa: National Guard for crushing civilians

Educated synchopants and psychopaths: Intelligence, espionage and secret police(FBI)

Working class and patriotic alphas: foreign wars to enforce global influence of the old empire while keeping potential resistance out of domestic soil

Completely agree except to a certain extent on the last point, I think they will try to keep those type of people out of the military altogether for fear of training them and giving them opportunities to network with one another. Foreign wars will be fought by a combination of drones and the more ambitious thugs/Antifa types along with whatever patriotic legacy military types manage to slip through the screening process.

But, I do think it's important for patriotic men to maintain as much of a presence in the military and other government organs as possible (for intelligence gathering, training, sabotage if necessary, and ultimately growing a nucleus of leaders in hopes of one day retaking the institutions). For some that may mean passing yourself off as one of the above groups, the "educated sycophants" group likely being the easiest and where one would have a pretty decent chance of not having to betray their principles at least for some time (not everybody in the FBI is tasked with spying on domestic political dissent, in fact it's a pretty small and vetted group within the organization at least for now, a lot of FBI agents do things like break up human trafficking rings and run countersurveillance against Chinese spies).

Ironically red pill women (think Lauren Boebert types although I don't believe she's a veteran) and blacks/Hispanics could be an asset for us in the short term as they will have a much better chance for advancement within the organization than straight white men will as well as less pressure to publicly champion SJW causes compared to straight white men who will be expected to constantly publicly self-flaggelate.

Dr Mantis Toboggan

Kingfisher
Gold Member
I'm sure we know why pilots wear flight suits in the cockpit instead of a regular duty uniform. However, it is somewhat controversial in the military, and is a subject of some derision and ridicule by non-aircrew and enlisted members (at least in the Air Force), about how pilots insist on wearing their flight suits as much as possible even when no airplane is in sight. A drone aircraft console, from what I've seen from photos, is not a restricted environment like an aircraft cockpit, so it probably could be argued that it's not necessary for a drone operator to wear a flight suit. Nevertheless, pilots (who fly the drones) would be screwed to the ceiling if you told them they couldn't wear their flight suits while flying their drones.

Yeah, it's essentially a status symbol and one could argue an earned privilege for actual pilots, although I wouldn't include drone operators in that group unless they're also qualified on an actual aircraft.

budoslavic

Owl
Gold Member

Air Force Squadron's new patch, "Unicorns":

680_unicorn.png

dicknixon72

Pelican

Modern flight suits provide a host of thermal and pressure protection against the environs of flight. Drone operators adopt flight suits because "I PILOT I FLY TOO"

kel

Ostrich
Unrelated, but where can one buy a nice flight suit? I think I could rock that, for real. Not with patches and whatever, but just a flight suit. I've seen people wearing jumpsuits for fashion, but it tends to be ill fitting IMO.

get2choppaaa

Pelican
Unrelated, but where can one buy a nice flight suit? I think I could rock that, for real. Not with patches and whatever, but just a flight suit. I've seen people wearing jumpsuits for fashion, but it tends to be ill fitting IMO.

Renzy

Pelican
From the Faculty Resources for Diversity and Inclusion page at the US Naval Academy:

Suggested Books and Articles
  • List of diversity statements
  • Gabriella Gutiérrez y Muhs, ed, Presumed Incompetent: The Intersection of Race and Class for Women in Academia (January 25-March 8, 2021)
  • Ibram X. Kendi’s, How to Be an Anti-Racist.
  • Ibram X. Kendi, Stamped from the Beginning: The Definitive History of Racist Ideas in America
  • Ibram X. Kendi and Keisha N. Blain, 400 Souls: A Community History of African America, 1619-2019
  • Robin DiAngelo, White Fragility: Why It's So Hard for White People to Talk about Racism
  • Derald Wing Sue, Microaggressions in Everyday Life: Race Gender and Sexual Orientation
  • Claude Steele, Whistling Vivaldi: How Stereotypes Affect Us and What We Can Do
  • Academics for Black Survival and Wellness
  • "Readers Share Ideas on Inclusive and Anti-Racist Teaching" from "Teaching" in The Chronicle of Higher Education

I clicked on the Academics for Black Survival and Wellness link to see what that was about - according to their About Us their mission is to hold White people accountable - "Guided by a Black feminist frame, we hope to foster accountability and growth for non-Black people and enhance healing and wellness for Black people."

Academics for Black Survival and Wellness (A4BL) is a personal and professional development initiative for Non-Black academics to honor the toll of racial trauma on Black people, resist anti-Blackness and white supremacy, and facilitate accountability and collective action. A4BL also is a space for healing and wellness for Black people.

A4BL was launched in the Summer of 2020 on Juneteenth in response to the countless murders of Black people at the hands of white supremacy.

eradicator

Peacock
Gold Member

It’s California so I’m shocked, shocked I tell you that they are not passing laws demanding only black trannies can be police officers