Woke Military

Robert High Hawk

Kingfisher
You are really asking that?

When I see pictures like this, I am always reminded of how Moses leads the Israelites out of Egypt, only for them to begin to worship Baal very quickly.

The Christian West won the wars (the Second World War and the Cold War) only to be rather rapidly eroded by the emergence of its own decadence.

History is about birth, growth, a kind of human civilisational apex, decline, fall, reconstitution, rebirth.

We are between decline and fall. But after the fall comes reconstitution and rebirth.
I guess I should have asked about the context of the photo rather than it's veracity. As in which military unit actually did that and in which city. I'll be the first to say I have a few small tinges of emotional resistance to accepting that things have gotten so bad, but the logical side of me knows that it's probably even worse than what I'm even seeing, so I try to direct my actions accordingly.

Towgunner

Kingfisher
The military is a very touchy subject for me because I was in the military once upon a time. To see if go down like this is very sad. To think that the older generations, who largely sacrificed the most to this institution and the country would be "okay" with today's current wokeism is completely false. Many corpses are rolling their graves. On the other hand, as obnoxious and unbearable as these developments are, we can look to other areas of society for a benchmark. Such as interest rates. What could possibly be the connection between the military and interest rates? Well, you see, interest rates influence everything to include the military. Its the price of money and money is very fundamental to a society. At present and adjusting for inflation, interest rates are negative, which means a person who willingly buys a debt instrument, i.e. a bond, will make no money off of this exchange. This is important to understand because it makes no sense. But neither does feminizing the military or having it become woke. Like everything else, interest rates need to be priced according to market forces, supply and demand. This process has been manipulated because the fed knows if they were to do this no one would buy their bonds until the yield rises sufficiently to generate a profit. Similarly, the woke interferes with processes that were once thought a matter of simple reality, such as the differences between men and women. Indeed, a price discovery mechanism in a free market is reality. What you end up getting is disaster and that's where I think all of this is heading.

I've never liked bill maher. His distain for the common man is repugnant, but, he's been hitting home runs lately as he's been calling out the woke. He also said China's won. And China has won. We can sit here all day long and debate the capabilities of the F35 vs. the Su 27 or China's lack of aircraft carriers or a blue water navy. Here's the thing. At >100% debt to GDP when this war kicks off where are we going to get the money to fund it? Please note that the benchmark for the high water mark of debt is compared to WWII and this is because wars are very expensive. Ahem, we've surpassed this debt level already. From that perspective we've already fought, financing speaking, this war perhaps a few times over with our ongoing "operations" in the middle east. We've been in Afghanistan for 20 years! Also, where's the manufacturing base? During WWII we had a massive industrial base that out-manufactured the Axis. This is well documented. Today that manufacturing juggernaut has been entirely outsourced to low wage countries, namely, China. What's left is a wasteland of opioid addictions, which is uncanny to the west's usage of opioids to disrupt the Chinese a century ago. No one seems to remember that just as Covid-19 made is debut China basically took over Hong Kong for good. And there were plenty of locals protesting this. Could this have something to do with Covid?

And then you have the new silk road. Little is said about this, at least in the west. Strategically speaking, keeping the US in the middle east is more then just the war on terror, which really has no purpose any longer. Indeed, it does have a lot to do with Iran, just look at a map. It sits between Iraq and Afghanistan. But could it be a blocking maneuver of sorts? This is right where the new silk road is going to go through. China, is playing the long game, and I think they've realized the longer the US stays in the Middle East the weaker they become. They know we'll leave eventually and with $2T in debt. When this massive infrastructure project is completed it will ensure China's global hegemony of the next century. They're basically creating an interstate highway system running from Asia, to Africa and England. And it will engender the same level of economic expansion the interstate highway system did within the US, except on much larger scale.

I guess I should have asked about the context of the photo rather than it's veracity. As in which military unit actually did that and in which city. I'll be the first to say I have a few small tinges of emotional resistance to accepting that things have gotten so bad, but the logical side of me knows that it's probably even worse than what I'm even seeing, so I try to direct my actions accordingly.
My understanding is that the military has been involved in gay pride floats in the United States and elsewhere with or without official sanctioning for at least 20 years. Current and former service members confirmed that to me while lamenting the parlous modern state of Western militaries. There’s too much public evidence of a gay element existing despite rules against openly gay serving members.

The repeal of “don’t ask, don’t tell” by Obama merely opened the floodgates on a process that had been accelerating for years.

I would not be surprised if many officers are seeing straight (white) men as a potential enemy within, whose three category “strikes” mean they have to be reconditioned.

SlickyBoy

Hummingbird
The military is a very touchy subject for me because I was in the military once upon a time. To see if go down like this is very sad. To think that the older generations, who largely sacrificed the most to this institution and the country would be "okay" with today's current wokeism is completely false. Many corpses are rolling their graves. On the other hand, as obnoxious and unbearable as these developments are, we can look to other areas of society for a benchmark. Such as interest rates. What could possibly be the connection between the military and interest rates? Well, you see, interest rates influence everything to include the military. Its the price of money and money is very fundamental to a society. At present and adjusting for inflation, interest rates are negative, which means a person who willingly buys a debt instrument, i.e. a bond, will make no money off of this exchange. This is important to understand because it makes no sense. But neither does feminizing the military or having it become woke. Like everything else, interest rates need to be priced according to market forces, supply and demand. This process has been manipulated because the fed knows if they were to do this no one would buy their bonds until the yield rises sufficiently to generate a profit. Similarly, the woke interferes with processes that were once thought a matter of simple reality, such as the differences between men and women. Indeed, a price discovery mechanism in a free market is reality. What you end up getting is disaster and that's where I think all of this is heading.
Very true, and it frustrates me to no end to listen to people suggest the US can't possibly experience hyperinflation because "we have the most powerful military in the world, blah blah blah..." yeah, uh - so did the Romans, until they couldn't pay their legionnaires (who were becoming mercenaries from the outer empire, largely) in anything other than severely debased currency with little silver left in it.

Once the currency collapses - and at the rate they are printing it, I think it will - it's over.

Even before that happens, the military will be cutting corners on combat effectiveness to support wokeness. I heard from someone who works in DoD that a general level officer acknowledged they will have to readjust their spending priorities in the era of Biden/Harris woke spending priorities coming down the pike. Which do they get rid of, an extra day at the range or annual sensitivity training? I think we know.

Easy_C

Peacock
Very true, and it frustrates me to no end to listen to people suggest the US can't possibly experience hyperinflation because "we have the most powerful military in the world, blah blah blah..." yeah, uh - so did the Romans, until they couldn't pay their legionnaires (who were becoming mercenaries from the outer empire, largely) in anything other than severely debased currency with little silver left in it.

Peolple’s understanding of this is very poor. The reason why the US won’t experience hyperinflation yet ( emphasis on “hyper”) is that the USD is still the reserve currency. At no point in history has a reserve currency ever hyper inflated.

The thing to watch out for is that has started changing. There’s already massive capital flows into China buying their 3% yielding bonds.

SlickyBoy

Hummingbird
Peolple’s understanding of this is very poor. The reason why the US won’t experience hyperinflation yet ( emphasis on “hyper”) is that the USD is still the reserve currency. At no point in history has a reserve currency ever hyper inflated.

The thing to watch out for is that has started changing. There’s already massive capital flows into China buying their 3% yielding bonds.
But it has always been true that all fiat currencies eventually fail. That the US is the world's reserve currency (as was the Roman Dinar, for practical purposes) makes no difference other than optics, and severity. It is still very possible to debase it into irrelevance, as is underway.

Elipe

Kingfisher
Even before that happens, the military will be cutting corners on combat effectiveness to support wokeness. I heard from someone who works in DoD that a general level officer acknowledged they will have to readjust their spending priorities in the era of Biden/Harris woke spending priorities coming down the pike. Which do they get rid of, an extra day at the range or annual sensitivity training? I think we know.
They're already cutting corners by hiring and enlisting the diversity in the first place. You don't get the same work performance out of the diversity, and they lower the standards to make the diversity not look so bad when they don't do things on time or as well.

Easy_C

Peacock
But it has always been true that all fiat currencies eventually fail. That the US is the world's reserve currency (as was the Roman Dinar, for practical purposes) makes no difference other than optics, and severity. It is still very possible to debase it into irrelevance, as is underway.

This is kind of like the people who were saying the stock market was going to collapse entirely back around 2010. Sure. Eventually. In the mean time even with some mini crashes those who did invest have much higher returns than those who stayed out because it was gonna collapse any time.

It’s kind like how when the market was at 16,000 there were people saying it was going to collapse and it eventually did.. from 24,000 to 22,000. Which means the people who caught all the downfall still did better than the ones who stayed out.

Robert High Hawk

Kingfisher
This is kind of like the people who were saying the stock market was going to collapse entirely back around 2010. Sure. Eventually. In the mean time even with some mini crashes those who did invest have much higher returns than those who stayed out because it was gonna collapse any time.

It’s kind like how when the market was at 16,000 there were people saying it was going to collapse and it eventually did.. from 24,000 to 22,000. Which means the people who caught all the downfall still did better than the ones who stayed out.

I want to be very clear in saying that your argument about the US dollar not undergoing hyperinflation is a very valid one, or at least at a minimum it is a very complicated issue that can unfold in many different ways.

However, the stock market analogy is perhaps not the best one, I have read that the Zimbabwe stock market for example, did quite well during hyperinflation. As did the Weimar Republic Borse, or stock market.

In fact, did the stock market in the US do so well over the past couple decades because the economy and companies were actually doing so well and growing? Or was there just inflation of their value relative to the dollar, while other things in the US economy experienced deflation due to improved technology. So TVs and chicken has has no increase or even decreased prices, but things technology cannot improve, like housing values, or Healthcare/education (due to government mandate) have absolutely skyrocketed in price.

Again, I don't have an answer, and your point is valid, but it seems to me to be very complicated and nuanced.

Towgunner

Kingfisher
The point I was making of “But its all gonna collapse!” Is..well....great but not really a valid one unless you can make a good case as to why it will happen within the decision timeframe we’re talking about.

Negative interest rates can only last for slow long. At some point rates will have to be re-priced by the market, which will demand higher yield, which will make interest rates go up. That effect in and of itself will have far reaching ramifications that will impact the economy, to be sure, but also the culture. It may not result in a total collapse, but even if it doesn't, it will have an impact on our lives. Perhaps its better understood by the incentives this paradigm induces as it pertains to savings. Savers are penalized and spend thrifts are rewarded. In other words responsible people are penalized and irresponsible people are rewarded. Does that sound sustainable? I don't think it is. Culturally, rewarding irresponsible behavior can be seen, unfortunately, in many aspects of our culture, such as, late term abortions. Abortion being nothing more than two irresponsible people engaging in reckless behavior. Likewise, reckless behavior is issuing mortgages to people that are not suited to repay them. Of course, the institutions do it anyway because they know they'll be bailed out. You'll be surprised what happens to the zeitgeist when the population has to get real about reality.

Renzy

Pelican

The Army has for a third time in three years adjusted its long-awaited, combat-driven fitness test to include new scoring tiers for male and female soldiers meant to acknowledge their “biological differences,” top service officials announced Monday.

The changes come as Army officials work to alleviate concerns raised by lawmakers that past versions of the ACFT were unfair to women, who posted a sub-50% pass rate of the Crossfit-style evaluation. In January, Congress halted the Army from fully implementing the ACFT until it was adjusted and studied by an independent group to ensure it did not favor men.

Interesting to read through these people's rationalizations.

If women aren't passing at the same rates as men, then the only acceptable explanation is that the standards are somehow unfair to females. Of course, the logical conclusion would be that women don't belong there in the first place since they can't reach the standard. That would be acknowledging their “biological differences.” Unfortunately, that is unacceptable these days since shoehorning women into these roles is a foregone conclusion regardless of what standard they can or cannot meet. Instead, they'll keep recalibrating how they measure women's performance until they find a way to make it look good.

The new solution is to create a separate (lower) standard for women and then rank them within that standard such that they can now say that a female was in the top %10 even if that tier objectively corresponds to the bottom percentile for men.

The doublespeak is frustrating. They portray it as recognizing physiological differences between men and women while ignoring the fact that they are essentially rendering standards useless. The very fact that you have to create a separate ranking system for women as a result of women failing to meet a male standard is the whole point of they shouldn't be in combat!

The revised test would create a platinum tier for soldiers who scored within the top 1% of their gender on the ACFT. It also creates a gold tier for those scoring in the top 10% of their gender, a silver tier for those scoring in the top 25%, a bronze tier for those scoring within the top 50% and a green tier for those who score in the bottom 50% among passing grades within their gender.

“This new [tiered] evaluation system has a goal of achieving two objectives,” Hibbard said. “First, it recognizes above average physical performance – something that's inherent to the Army’s culture. And, second, it accounts for the recognized physiological differences between men and women and removes the direct competition between males and females.”

Easy_C

Peacock
Negative interest rates can only last for slow long. At some point rates will have to be re-priced by the market, which will demand higher yield, which will make interest rates go up. That effect in and of itself will have far reaching ramifications that will impact the economy, to be sure, but also the culture. I

Which is already happening and became apparent back in Q4 2019 as the Fed started to frantically inject cash and market rates went up Anyway.
Eventually the demand for the government debt stops and when it does the party stops. The Great Reset hopes to get rid of that by just declaring all debt cancelled and all they will accomplish is making China dominant in finance.

Robert High Hawk

Kingfisher

Interesting to read through these people's rationalizations.

If women aren't passing at the same rates as men, then the only acceptable explanation is that the standards are somehow unfair to females. Of course, the logical conclusion would be that women don't belong there in the first place since they can't reach the standard. That would be acknowledging their “biological differences.” Unfortunately, that is unacceptable these days since shoehorning women into these roles is a foregone conclusion regardless of what standard they can or cannot meet. Instead, they'll keep recalibrating how they measure women's performance until they find a way to make it look good.

The new solution is to create a separate (lower) standard for women and then rank them within that standard such that they can now say that a female was in the top %10 even if that tier objectively corresponds to the bottom percentile for men.

The doublespeak is frustrating. They portray it as recognizing physiological differences between men and women while ignoring the fact that they are essentially rendering standards useless. The very fact that you have to create a separate ranking system for women as a result of women failing to meet a male standard is the whole point of they shouldn't be in combat!
How can you acknowledge biological differences and then say there are different scoring tiers for "gender" when you also claim one's gender is completely unrelated to one's sex, or biology.

get2choppaaa

Pelican
How can you acknowledge biological differences and then say there are different scoring tiers for "gender" when you also claim one's gender is completely unrelated to one's sex, or biology.

I always had an issue with the physical standards.

USMC PFT:

Male Marine Pull-up Standards/Age
Age GroupMinimumMaximum
17-20420
21-25523
26-30523
31-35523
36-40521
41-45520
46-50519
51+419

Female Marine Pull-up Standards/Age
Age GroupMinimumMaximum
17-2017
21-25311
26-30412
31-35311
36-40310
41-4528
46-5026
51+24

I have seen one female officer do 20. only 1 time. Most could barely do more than 6, this is Marine Officers in a Combat Arms MOS. Not supply chain...

So somehow we pretend there aren't differences, yet we grade on 2 different scores. For me to score a 275/300 as a 31 Year old I had to do 23 Pullups 120 Cruches in 2 mins and run 3 miles in 22:10. A woman with that score would get a 293/300.

So yeah...

Eusebius Erasmus

Kingfisher

The USD is the reserve currency provided the US maintains military dominance and China continues to trade with the US.

American military might is waning at an accelerating pace, and China is conducting more bilateral trade agreements that don’t require holding USD in reserve.

Elipe

Kingfisher
The USD is the reserve currency provided the US maintains military dominance and China continues to trade with the US.
That's the oversimplified version, but it's a little more complex than that too. The USD is the reserve currency because that's how it was internationally set up after WW2, the war that established American (and Soviet) hegemony.

It's possible that even with military dominance, the USD could lose its world reserve status. It would take a preference cascade, although a military embarrassment for the US and changes to Chinese trading policy could easily become the trigger for such a preference cascade away from the USD.

There's a reason that back in the Obama years, when the S&P downgraded the US's credit rating to AA+, everybody lost their marbles.

Peacock
Gold Member
George Gammon (great YT pundit, focus on the economy) covered this subject very well in a 30 min video, China has an elaborate economic plan, using the upcoming digital Yuan as a main tool to establish its currency:

SlickyBoy

Hummingbird

27 Trillion in debt, last I looked; about $230k per person. That's an impossibly massive level of debt that grows. The time for solving this problem was decades ago, but of course simply pointing out the problem was met with the same skepticism. They kicked the can down the road and called themselves the winners, but the debt only grew more.

Now, there is no other way to tackle it aside from default, something so politically unpopular it would never happen. Not even voting to seize all the money and real estate in the country and put it towards the debt would reign it in. Hence, they will keep printing, and as politicians do, keep promising.

What makes you so certain this situation can go on forever without inevitable consequence?