Woke Military

SlickyBoy

Hummingbird
The USD is the reserve currency provided the US maintains military dominance and China continues to trade with the US.

American military might is waning at an accelerating pace, and China is conducting more bilateral trade agreements that don’t require holding USD in reserve.
It has nothing to do with the military might, it's how much faith people put into a belief system. The dollar is a belief system; a lump of gold is another, and so too is bitcoin. People don't accept dollars out of fear of being bombed any more than Soviet Russians accepted Rubles out of fear of being nuked.

Easy_C

Peacock
What makes you so certain this situation can go on forever without inevitable consequence?
I just said it doesn’t and outlined what makes it stop. I’m not entirely sure how to say this without being rude but my feeling is that you didn’t so much read or respond to what I’ve said as you did just react by repeating the same talking points people usually copy-pasta to these discussions.

Easy_C

Peacock
That's the oversimplified version, but it's a little more complex than that too. The USD is the reserve currency because that's how it was internationally set up after WW2, the war that established American (and Soviet) hegemony.

There are a few other factors too, such as how the US emerged out of World War 2 with a rapidly growing consumer economy and one of few stable central banks at the time. It’s also never just one thing: the “petrodollar” system also makes it more of a reserve currency, the USA’s history of never cancelling currency makes it a good store, and the US Markets have a huge depth that most countries weren’t able to touch until recently. Government debt that was relatively (until recently) stable also played a factor as a money store.

Eusebius Erasmus

Kingfisher
It has nothing to do with the military might, it's how much faith people put into a belief system. The dollar is a belief system; a lump of gold is another, and so too is bitcoin. People don't accept dollars out of fear of being bombed any more than Soviet Russians accepted Rubles out of fear of being nuked.
That’s not quite right. Military might and soft power combine to enforce USD dominance.

If a country fails to comply, it can face direct military threats or sanctions. Look at Libya as an example of a nation that tried to create a gold and oil backed currency separate from the USD. The U.S. bombed them to the moon and back.

Much of current U.S. sabre rattling over China is ultimately over a threat to the USD. Ditto for Russia.

SlickyBoy

Hummingbird
Sanctions work in funny ways - mostly economic. Iran wants to get XYZ resource, but we wont sell it to them because of sanctions. They could buy it from any other country, but then State Department reminds said countries about whatever benefit (resources, deals, or flat out cash - maybe even weapons for trade, yes), and by extension our sanctions have extra power from other nations taking our bribes. Soft power, you could call it. That's political, not military.

Then again, as Von Clausewitz said, war is an extension of politics, so maybe in that sense, you could argue the idea of a military supports the currency. But it isn't because people fear being nuked.

As for Syria, I read something about that currency gambit. Seemed a bit less likely a motive than the idea of knocking off Gaddafi to steal his weapons and funnel them to the "rebels" in Syria who Obama really wanted to help, but politically could not.

Arado

Pelican
Gold Member
We have an active discussion about USD reserve status and inflation in the Money matters section, but I agree that the reserve status is on the ropes and is the only thing that allows woke ideology to permeate without consequence. The USD reserve status also keeps the dollar artificially high and it allows us to fund our military without having the industrial capacity to back it up. China then takes the excess dollars gained from the trade deficit caused by an overvalued dollar and buys up assets around the world.

Peacock
Gold Member
^The weapons ratline from Libya is a small detail, the main push was Gaddafi's currency move, and his gold and currency reserves, which were stolen. That was laid out in a Wikileaks email between Max Blumenthal and Hillary Clinton.

But in the bigger picture, the neocons have been implementing the Oded Yinon Plan of taking over and breaking down Arab and mideastern states, starting with Iraq, then Sudan, Syria, Yemen, so Libya was part of this process. Iran is the next big target.

Peacock
Gold Member
27 Trillion in debt, last I looked; about $230k per person. That's an impossibly massive level of debt that grows. The time for solving this problem was decades ago, but of course simply pointing out the problem was met with the same skepticism. They kicked the can down the road and called themselves the winners, but the debt only grew more.

Now, there is no other way to tackle it aside from default, something so politically unpopular it would never happen. Not even voting to seize all the money and real estate in the country and put it towards the debt would reign it in. Hence, they will keep printing, and as politicians do, keep promising.

What makes you so certain this situation can go on forever without inevitable consequence?

The real debt is much bigger than $27 trillion, but it's held off the ledger by the Fed. In reality, the real value doesn't matter as long as the US$ is the global fiat currency, if that comes to change, then the real debt will have to be dealt with. At that point, there is some flexibility with the debt, because the bankster cartel owns most of it and can write some of it off, but the US would no longer be able to run large deficits without consequences.

Last edited:

M'bare

Woodpecker
Gold Member
^The weapons ratline from Libya is a small detail, the main push was Gaddafi's currency move, and his gold and currency reserves, which were stolen. That was laid out in a Wikileaks email between Max Blumenthal and Hillary Clinton.

But in the bigger picture, the neocons have been implementing the Oded Yinon Plan of taking over and breaking down Arab and mideastern states, starting with Iraq, then Sudan, Syria, Yemen, so Libya was part of this process. Iran is the next big target.

Reading that kind of brought this to mind:
He doesn't mention the Oded Yinon Plan, I don't think but it seems like this is it. Any thoughts to this?

budoslavic

Owl
Gold Member
ExNqa_xWUAALWrx

SlickyBoy

Hummingbird
Just heard something announced through DoD contacts today. There will be a mandatory one day stand down to discuss extremism in the ranks. The SECDEF will make an appearance. All other meetings and priorities are cancelled for the day aside from pre-approved shift work or sick leave etc. There will be breakout sessions and mandatory fun throughout the day for all services.

The best part? It's scheduled for April 1st - April fools day. Maybe we have a forum member working staff at the Pentagon? :laughter:

On a serious note, we've seen this movie before. In the mid nineties they went on a witch hunt looking for white supremacists after a black civilian couple was murdered in Fayetteville, NC by some 82nd airborne soldiers. Those soldiers were prosecuted, sensitivity training was held for everyone else, but that wasn't enough.

The whole US military was examined. While they didn't find many klansmen or neo-nazis, along the way while surveying the troops, everyone said "Yeah, uh, not so sure about that, but are you interested in the bloods and crips living in my barracks? We got plenty of them around."

Of course, they never followed up on any of that - didn't fit the template.

HKBhusal

Sparrow
Just heard something announced through DoD contacts today. There will be a mandatory one day stand down to discuss extremism in the ranks. The SECDEF will make an appearance. All other meetings and priorities are cancelled for the day aside from pre-approved shift work or sick leave etc. There will be breakout sessions and mandatory fun throughout the day for all services.

The best part? It's scheduled for April 1st - April fools day. Maybe we have a forum member working staff at the Pentagon? :laughter:

On a serious note, we've seen this movie before. In the mid nineties they went on a witch hunt looking for white supremacists after a black civilian couple was murdered in Fayetteville, NC by some 82nd airborne soldiers. Those soldiers were prosecuted, sensitivity training was held for everyone else, but that wasn't enough.

The whole US military was examined. While they didn't find many klansmen or neo-nazis, along the way while surveying the troops, everyone said "Yeah, uh, not so sure about that, but are you interested in the bloods and crips living in my barracks? We got plenty of them around."

Of course, they never followed up on any of that - didn't fit the template.

I concur. A friend of mine went through the extremism training last week and he was amazed at all the grandstanding.

Take out the conservative Caucasian/white Americans first and the rest will take care of itself it seems.

SlickyBoy

Hummingbird
I concur. A friend of mine went through the extremism training last week and he was amazed at all the grandstanding.

Take out the conservative Caucasian/white Americans first and the rest will take care of itself it seems.
I'd say that drag queens and sexual re-assignment surgery qualifies as extreme, as do men marrying each other and adopting children in family parodies. But I suspect those are not the kinds of extreme subjects covered in that slide deck.

Elipe

Kingfisher
I'd say that drag queens and sexual re-assignment surgery qualifies as extreme, as do men marrying each other and adopting children in family parodies. But I suspect those are not the kinds of extreme subjects covered in that slide deck.
No, the memo at the link @HKBhusal provided actually explicitly states the opposite: you're not supposed to even "like" posts on social media that express contradictory opinions about those things.

budoslavic

Owl
Gold Member
USS-Fitzgerald_1440-e1503069420592-1.jpg

E6CE4Z4DGD2P5VGWANWRTXYNQQ.jpg

This is what happened to the USS Fitzgerald collusion with a freighter in June 2017 when you put women in the military.

Below is an old and very interesting post (June 17, 2018) related to the above mentioned pictures via The Other McCain. Relevant to this thread title.

Tip: Pentagon Covering Up Fact That Female Officers Nearly Sank Navy Ship​

An anonymous email came in over the transom this morning:

Hi, Stacy.
During the early weeks after the USS Fitzgerald was speared by a lumbering Philippine container ship, it was noteworthy that the captain and a couple of admirals were publically named, but not the actual officer in charge, the officer of the deck. (OOD) The other person who should have kept the Fitz out of trouble is the person in charge of the combat information center, the Tactical Action Officer. That individual is supposed to be monitoring the combat radar, which can detect a swimmer at a distance of two miles.
Not until a year later, when the final reports are made public and the guilty parties have been court-martialed, does the truth come out. The OOD was named Sarah, and the Tactical Action Officer was named Natalie, and they weren’t speaking to each other!!! The Tactical Action Officer would normally be in near constant communication with the OOD, but there is no record of any communication between them that entire shift!

Another fun fact: In the Navy that won WWII, the damage control officers were usually some of the biggest and strongest men aboard, able to close hatches, shore up damaged areas with timbers, etc. The Fitz’s damage control officer was also a woman, and she never left the bridge. She handled the aftermath of the accident remotely, without lifting a finger herself!

Look it up: The OOD was Sarah Coppock, Tactical Action Officer was Natalie Combs. . . .
When I noticed last year that they were doing all they could to keep the OOD’s name out of the headlines, I speculated to my son that it was a she. Turns out all the key people (except one officer in the CIC) were female!

Indeed, I did some searching, and Lt. Coppock pleaded guilty to dereliction of duty. Lt. Combs faced a hearing last month:

In an 11-hour hearing, prosecutors painted a picture of Lt. Irian Woodley, the ship’s surface warfare coordinator, and Lt. Natalie Combs, the tactical action officer, as failing at their jobs, not using the tools at their disposal properly and not communicating adequately. They became complacent with faulty equipment and did not seek to get it fixed, and they failed to communicate with the bridge, the prosecution argued. Had they done those things, the government contended, they would have been able to avert the collision.

That two of the officers — Coppock and Combs — involved in this fatal incident were female suggests that discipline and training standards have been lowered for the sake of “gender integration,” which was a major policy push at the Pentagon during the Obama administration. It could be that senior officers, knowing their promotions may hinge on enthusiastic support for “gender integration,” are reluctant to enforce standards for the women under their command.

This was the story of Kara Hultgreen, the Navy pilot who died in a 1994 F-14 crash. Investigation showed that Hultgreen had been allowed to proceed in her training after errors that would have meant a washout for any male pilot. But the Clinton administration was pushing for female fighter pilots, which resulted in a competition between the Navy and Air Force to put women into these combat roles. It is not necessary to believe that (a) women shouldn’t be fighter pilots, in order to believe (b) lowering standards for the sake of quotas is a bad idea. Of course, you may believe both (a) and (b), but it is (b) that gets people killed.

It seems obvious that the Pentagon (and the liberal media) sought to suppress full knowledge of what happened to the Fitzgerald in the immediate aftermath of the June 2017 incident that killed seven sailors, in the same way the details of Kara Hultgreen’s death were suppressed. It took investigative reporters like Rowan Scarborough of the Washington Times a lot of hard work to find out what actually happened to Hultgreen. Let’s hope other reporters will dig into what’s happening in our military with the “gender intergration” agenda at the Pentagon now.

Last edited:

DanielH

Pelican
This is an old and very interesting post from June 17, 2018 via The Other McCain. Relevant to this thread title.

Tip: Pentagon Covering Up Fact That Female Officers Nearly Sank Navy Ship​

Women are a curse on ships. Even if we assume they are equal in capability to male sailors (upper body strength is crucial in the engine room and fire teams) they divide and distract the crew through sex. Even worse than that, when we affirmative action any group of people to undeserved top roles, crashes like this are what you get.

get2choppaaa

Pelican
Women are a curse on ships. Even if we assume they are equal in capability to male sailors (upper body strength is crucial in the engine room and fire teams) they divide and distract the crew through sex. Even worse than that, when we affirmative action any group of people to undeserved top roles, crashes like this are what you get.
Nevermind the prostitution rings aboard naval vessels...

Towgunner

Kingfisher
I suspect there's a lot more to this wokeness and the military than just a pervasive ideology. A woke US military benefits other world players both our adversaries and non-adversaries. Since the start of the century I think the US has managed to piss-off practically everyone, to include its allies, through its imperial military adventures. This plus the exploitive nature of the USD as the global reserve currency, which transfers wealth from the world back to the US. We might find that to be abstract and academic, but, other countries do not, I assure you.

China stands to benefit the most. They need some "white space" to exceed parity between their military and ours. They can't stop the spending, nor would they. Part of their multi-dimensional war is to bankrupt us and out of control military spending has historically been one way to thoroughly bankrupt a nation. They, of course, have enormous resources too. But, to wokeify the us military is yet another condition they can induce to enable their agenda i.e. exceeding US military parity.

Also, when this war goes hot, we must consider the manufacturing capacity of both nations. We can comfort ourselves with stories of factories being built in weeks during WWII. We are not the same country as WWII. We gutted our manufacturing base. Meanwhile the Chinese have an enormous industrial base. Who can out-built who today? Also, we have already far exceeded the debt levels we saw in WW2 adjusted for inflation. How are we going to finance this? Most of our weapons and equipment are made from components built outside our country. And many times built in China.

I'd be remiss to not mention the following. China, Russia, Iran and many others are simply much tougher than our troops. China and Russia officially think homosexuality is a mental disorder. They're not reducing standards to accommodate the feelings of females. From what I can tell, the Chinese are looking fierce.

We're in no condition to fight a global world war.

This wokeness will end. It's simple practical necessity. Already we're hearing about the DOD back tracking on some of it recent policy changes. But, by the time it does end the New Silk Road will be complete and with that the Chinese will have effectively won the 3rd world war. They might even pull this off without having to actually resort to fighting, which frankly is looking quite likely. The USD will either be already unseated or will be unseated shortly thereafter. And then the world will see Chinese hegemony move into maturity.