Woke Military

unit414

Robin
I guess fitness standards no longer apply.
View attachment 33382

And look at all of those ribbons. Way more than Ike.

4610.jpg
Why is that dude named Maria???

C-Note

Hummingbird
Gold Member
I've been out for some time, but an acquaintance of mine was more recently a platoon sgt in an Army Nat. Guard unit (Med). He showed me a pic of a group of his charges. To say they were "diverse" would be an understatement. And to say some appeared overweight would also be an understatement. He mentioned several ("women" in particular) failing the PT test.

But to be fair, for all I know many of these soldiers might be pretty good at their jobs. I would hope so, but wouldn't bet the ranch on it.
When I was in the Air Force, I had an Asian female lieutenant colonel (O-5) boss who bragged about how she had never passed a physical fitness test in her entire career. I don't know if she had been promoted below-the-zone (earlier than her year group), but it wouldn't surprise me. That was in 2002. It's likely not a coincidence that since then, the US military branches have become more creative in trying to redesign their physical fitness tests so that more women can pass them.

JohnQThomas

Woodpecker
When I was in the Air Force, I had an Asian female lieutenant colonel (O-5) boss who bragged about how she had never passed a physical fitness test in her entire career. I don't know if she had been promoted below-the-zone (earlier than her year group), but it wouldn't surprise me. That was in 2002. It's likely not a coincidence that since then, the US military branches have become more creative in trying to redesign their physical fitness tests so that more women can pass them.
How is this nonsense tolerated? Those who can’t meet the standards shouldn’t be serving!

get2choppaaa

Ostrich
Here's one of our former Special Forces guys, now living the dream as a female MMA fighter... (granted, this is the great exception, but it's still embarrassing as hell to me as a vet)
What a disgusting joke.

Put ANY man who's in any way physically active up against ANY woman and they're going to get wrecked.

But hey the VA is now paying for Tranny surgery. So his chopcock procedure is likely on our Tax Payer dime.

Garuda

Kingfisher
Let me tell you, walk into the Agent Orange wing of the VA center in Houston... It made me so angry i was brought to tears about how messed up that situation is.

That being said, I've had good experiences at the VA otherwise.
The whole Agent Orange thing needs to brought up again since the CDC lied about the whole ordeal. It would make more people think twice about getting the jab.

get2choppaaa

Ostrich
The whole Agent Orange thing needs to brought up again since the CDC lied about the whole ordeal. It would make more people think twice about getting the jab.
Which is exactly why so many vets are skeptical.

I mean I got the good anthrax shot but at one point the .mil gave a bunch of guys all sorts of issues with the first round of that one and was sued over it.

Vets are the laboratory for the globalists, and we take our pills and say thank you sir may i have another...it's usually only when you get out t and process everything that you realize the insanity of it.

get2choppaaa

Ostrich

The irony that Alexander "Bag of Donuts" Vindman (who committed Treason by leaking information about confidential phone calls to a secondary source who then caused the Impeachment) is calling General "Im too fat to fit into my cammies" Miley out for breaking norms/usurping chain of command is so ironic it is palpable.

Both these Fat Bodies need to have been locked up in the Brig.

What a disgusting Joke when the paragon of virtue signaling is an overweight nerd who pretends to have his countries interest at heart whilst admitting to being HIS OWN advocate first along with an overweight coward who's down with the PC woke culture....

Pray for the folks in who actually joined to serve their country and not themselves.

How is this nonsense tolerated? Those who can’t meet the standards shouldn’t be serving!

I have a close friend who left the U.S. Coast Guard after sixteen years in the enlisted. He wanted to put in twenty years but he was a big guy who struggled with his weight. And so between that and the fact the Coast Guard wanted to trim the long timers of his rank and position/rating, they let him retire early. At least in the Coast Guard, they relentlessly dogged him about his weight, despite him passing the performance aspects of the required p.t. tests. He said they made his life hell over it. I just find it interesting that the Coast Guard seems tougher on their people than large sections of the military.

get2choppaaa

Ostrich
I have a close friend who left the U.S. Coast Guard after sixteen years in the enlisted. He wanted to put in twenty years but he was a big guy who struggled with his weight. And so between that and the fact the Coast Guard wanted to trim the long timers of his rank and position/rating, they let him retire early. At least in the Coast Guard, they relentlessly dogged him about his weight, despite him passing the performance aspects of the required p.t. tests. He said they made his life hell over it. I just find it interesting that the Coast Guard seems tougher on their people than large sections of the military.
Marine Corps is very brutal about this also.

At least when i was in.

I always had to watch my weight or cut water weight for my weigh ins. At 5'7 i had to be 175lbs. I already carried too much muscles for that and walked around between 180 a d 185 for most of the year.

I would have passed tape, but then you're putting that in someone else's hands.

Bottom line, you just do it and get the weight cut or keep yourself under the weight.

In the military your physical presentation and abilities is just as much a factor of your leadership as is your competency... Though obviously the latter is more important, getting in front of a bunch of meat eaters looking like a bag of donkey turds is not gonna get you any respect.

The Beast1

Peacock
Gold Member
Marine Corps is very brutal about this also.

At least when i was in.

I always had to watch my weight or cut water weight for my weigh ins. At 5'7 i had to be 175lbs. I already carried too much muscles for that and walked around between 180 a d 185 for most of the year.

I would have passed tape, but then you're putting that in someone else's hands.

Bottom line, you just do it and get the weight cut or keep yourself under the weight.

In the military your physical presentation and abilities is just as much a factor of your leadership as is your competency... Though obviously the latter is more important, getting in front of a bunch of meat eaters looking like a bag of donkey turds is not gonna get you any respect.
This is interesting. I was under the impression that so long as you made your PT requirements they didn't care. Even when I was the most muscular at 205 lbs (6'1ft), I still managed to keep my 7.5/8 minute mile and would blow out the corp PT requirements for my age. I figured if I ever enlisted/went to OCS that I would be fine from a PT angle since I just like keeping fit.

Robert High Hawk

Kingfisher
This is interesting. I was under the impression that so long as you made your PT requirements they didn't care. Even when I was the most muscular at 205 lbs (6'1ft), I still managed to keep my 7.5/8 minute mile and would blow out the corp PT requirements for my age. I figured if I ever enlisted/went to OCS that I would be fine from a PT angle since I just like keeping fit.

I believe the new rules are that if you get above a certain high score then you can't get kicked out for weight. It's a pretty high score though

get2choppaaa

Ostrich
I scored 90+ percentile on the physical events so I hear you.

They have since done away with promotion photo which is a travesty.

I believe the new rules are that if you get above a certain high score then you can't get kicked out for weight. It's a pretty high score though
You get 1 percent more bodyfst based off of age (which is fine) and 1 percent more if you're a 85 percentile or better physical fitness.

I never had issues with those reqs or making weight, and always was able to tape within standards if i was over the lb limit...but having the photo actually allowed people to see if you were a fat body or not.

Supposedly that was done away with to prevent promotion of whites only or something like that, so they could prevent systemic rascism.

So instead we are going to eventually get rid of the bodyfat standard all together at some point, which will result in a bunch of fat minority officers being around that otherwise would have washed out.

budoslavic

Owl
Orthodox
Gold Member
A military training jet crashed in a Lake Worth, Texas neighborhood. Three homes were damaged. Gotta wonder about the woke-ism & diversity policies being the culprit for the jet crashed.