Woke Military

get2choppaaa

Ostrich
A military training jet crashed in a Lake Worth, Texas neighborhood. Three homes were damaged. Gotta wonder about the woke-ism & diversity policies being the culprit for the jet crashed.

More likely than not the state of our aircraft (which has been used and abused by the unwinnable wars) was to blame and not the wokeness. But its a valid point. A black female pilot is a unicorn in the .mil.

fireshark

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
There was another trainer crash several months ago in CA involving female pilots.

I have a close friend who left the U.S. Coast Guard after sixteen years in the enlisted. He wanted to put in twenty years but he was a big guy who struggled with his weight. And so between that and the fact the Coast Guard wanted to trim the long timers of his rank and position/rating, they let him retire early. At least in the Coast Guard, they relentlessly dogged him about his weight, despite him passing the performance aspects of the required p.t. tests. He said they made his life hell over it. I just find it interesting that the Coast Guard seems tougher on their people than large sections of the military.

I served 4 years in the CG. It wasn't uncommon to hear guys getting dogged about weight, but when the time came for PT tests, I personally knew guys who got little "boosts" to the test results and were let off. We're talking small stuff, but still, it happened. My own Senior Chief was not physically fit enough, but in his defense he had suffered a slight combat injury and was unofficially bound to a desk and he retired the very first day he was eligible.

Easy_C

Peacock
Signing of false maintenance documents is a chronic problem in the military. Thankfully it wasn't a thing in my unit (we geared more towards "make a massive paperwork stack and CYA by ensuring things with a paper trail match up"), but overall it's a rampant problem:

get2choppaaa

Ostrich
Signing of false maintenance documents is a chronic problem in the military. Thankfully it wasn't a thing in my unit (we geared more towards "make a massive paperwork stack and CYA by ensuring things with a paper trail match up"), but overall it's a rampant problem:

I had to oversee several major maintenance inspections as an Executive Officer in a Battery as well as Pre/Post deployment maintenance inspections in an motorized Infantry unit aside from the monthly/weekly time at the motorpool/gun park.

My experience was that the unit that is about to deploy is fixed up, meanwhile the rest of the units are just hovering at about 50-70% deadlined and in a state of swapping gear within the Battalion just to support training/field op cycle.

For those who've not served. Consider that in units with lots of equipment (tanks/Artillery ect...) maintenance is about 1/2 or more of your man hour work load for a combat arms unit ( even more focused for aircraft) you still have to conduct PT, conduct field ops (a week or so at a time) do annual training and "safety stand downs" administrative work ect... plus there are professional military education events you send your Marines to which also takes up your small unit leaders and supervisor's time.

Further more the operation tempo (at least as I experienced it in the Fleet as an Arty Officer) is insane. Frequently you also had people fudging maintenance reports and wasting Tax Payer dollars as Easy C said.

No-one wants to admit that the military's readiness is completely in the tank from a result of 2 decades of endless war. Its the proverbial "self licking ice cream cone" as no one wants to admit that they are combat ineffective therefore they find ways to cut corners so that they dont have to put a bad report up to higher.

I got myself into some trouble when I reported the actual state of not-being-ready of our gear at one point. Got my battalion commander (my boss's boss) in a lot of hot water for pointing out how bad we actually were in relation to the table of organization and equipment standards. This ultimately resulted in me being moved out of the battalion and into a new unit after I had already identified all the problems, and solutions for fixing the unit up pre-deployment. Thankfully this would up resulting in a positive outcome as I went on the deployment with a different unit in a different role, and had much more positive effect on my career.

JohnQThomas

Woodpecker
Which is exactly why so many vets are skeptical.

I mean I got the good anthrax shot but at one point the .mil gave a bunch of guys all sorts of issues with the first round of that one and was sued over it.

Vets are the laboratory for the globalists, and we take our pills and say thank you sir may i have another...it's usually only when you get out t and process everything that you realize the insanity of it.
Maybe the thinking is that those who join the service are hale and hearty and have already volunteered to risk their physical safety.
Still, “guinea pig” duty should be optional.

Renzy

Pelican

--------

Gilday outlines goal for Navy to become the most diverse service
By Diana Stancy Correll

Chief of Naval Operations Adm. Michael Gilday wants the Navy to become the most diverse military service in order to be competitive in the 21st century.

“My goal is to put the Navy in a place over the next 20 years where we’re the most diverse service in the DoD,” Gilday said during a “State of the Navy” event hosted Thursday by Defense One.

“I think it’s going to be a long-term effort to get us where we need to be with respect to a diverse force,” Gilday said. “And where, you know, we ultimately have a force where respect is part of everybody’s DNA, right?”

The ultimate goal, he said, is for the force to respect diversity — which not only encompasses racial and gender diversity, but experience and varied backgrounds. That will require the Navy to modify how it recruits, retains and manages talent to remain competitive.

“I think that if organizations don’t have that mindset, they’re not going to be competitive in this century,” Gilday said.

Gilday’s comments come as the Navy is reevaluating various policies to counter bias and inequality in the service. For example, the Navy established Task Force One Navy in 2020 to address systemic racism within the service, evaluate racial disparities in the military justice system, and examine the fairness of the promotion and advancement process to eliminate “destructive biases.”

An initial report for Task Force One Navy, unveiled in February, detailed more than 50 recommendations to facilitate diversity and inclusion in the service in areas like talent management, retention and professional development.

Dr Mantis Toboggan

Kingfisher
Gold Member
"You'll need F-15's and maybe some nukes to fight us"

Wannabe ninja: "Watch this"

In fairness this was likely just some tweaker and the soldiers in question were unarmed aircraft mechanics, as long as nobody else was in danger which they probably weren't they did the right thing by calling the cops to come deal with it.

I like how the article makes it clear that "It is unclear from the records whether the man was an actual practitioner of ninjutsu."

get2choppaaa

Ostrich
In fairness this was likely just some tweaker and the soldiers in question were unarmed aircraft mechanics, as long as nobody else was in danger which they probably weren't they did the right thing by calling the cops to come deal with it.

I like how the article makes it clear that "It is unclear from the records whether the man was an actual practitioner of ninjutsu."
II thought that was great! Probably a drunk lance coolie /PFC who just got off of restriction and lost a bet to another drunk lance coolie.

I (and Im sure others on here) could write a book on stupid stuff 18-22 year old junior enlisted do when bored.

Dr Mantis Toboggan

Kingfisher
Gold Member
II thought that was great! Probably a drunk lance coolie /PFC who just got off of restriction and lost a bet to another drunk lance coolie.

I (and Im sure others on here) could write a book on stupid stuff 18-22 year old junior enlisted do when bored.

That would've been my guess too if it was on base, but apparently this was some random tiny civilian airport in the middle of the Mojave desert so I'm sticking with tweaker and/or bath salt aficionado.

get2choppaaa

Ostrich
That would've been my guess too if it was on base, but apparently this was some random tiny civilian airport in the middle of the Mojave desert so I'm sticking with tweaker and/or bath salt aficionado.
Thats true.

At 29 Palms the tweakers come out from the desert and salvage the scrap metal... had a meth monkey or two I had to get off my artillery pos since they didnt understand big things go boom isnt where you want to be in front of in their state of drug induced zombification.

Dr Mantis Toboggan

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Thats true.

At 29 Palms the tweakers come out from the desert and salvage the scrap metal... had a meth monkey or two I had to get off my artillery pos since they didnt understand big things go boom isnt where you want to be in front of in their state of drug induced zombification.

Spent 60 days of my life down the road at Fort Irwin which was enough to know that entire general area is the armpit of the western hemisphere.

dicknixon72

Pelican
Thats true.

The imagery of a meth-addled couple hand-hoisting an unexploded shell out of the back of a clapped out Mountaineer whose catalytic converters they have also long-ago sold and trying to get cash at a scrap yard is incredible.

get2choppaaa

Ostrich
The imagery of a meth-addled couple hand-hoisting an unexploded shell out of the back of a clapped out Mountaineer whose catalytic converters they have also long-ago sold and trying to get cash at a scrap yard is incredible.
This isnt so much a woke thing, but another comical observation about 29 Palms:

One time i had a dude who was there to manage the endangered land tortoise. He was driving a jeep with like 300 Patagonia stickers, smelled like weed and BO, and looked like a hippie. HE had a radio to range control and a base visitor sticker.

I was the senior guy in the position so I went up to his jeep when he was directed to the back of the position by our road guards. When I asked him what he was doing he said "Hey man, I'm just here monitoring these 2 land tortises" then proceeded to show me where he had been tracking them over like 10 kilometers in our area.

I had to explain to him that while I understand their endangered status, the US gov is paying for this training and IT IS A MILITARY BASE after all.

(Training literally stops if you run one over as it's a major deal, and if you see one and move it and it pees itself and dies... You're screwed because range control will have to file all these reports and investigate ect...).

While the guy was legit employed as a contractor/conservationist... it was seriously the weirdest interaction I have ever had with a civlian while on duty.

The dude could not fathom that the large cannons he wanted to drive in front of were not going to stop just because he needed to chase the tortieses. I tried to explain again "Sir, we have to be ready to fire to support large scale manuever operations including tanks/truck movements and timelines to coordinate air craft dropping bombs for this training exercise. IF our position goes cold during a schedule of fires, not only will I get royally reemed out and suffer in my career but also millions of Taxpayer dollars will be wasted."

his response "but hey man I gotta find the tortoises... and you can tell this is my spot man, those are my porta-jons"

Him not understanding that about 130 MRE loaded Marines who hadn't used the toilet in a proper sense for the last week in the field probably didn't realize that within the first 5 minutes of being there those porta-johns were full.

I told him "well sir, My Marines thank you for the facilities, but I would recommend that they get serviced soon if you intend on returning in the next couple of days"

I had to repeatedly tell him how to get out of the position and directed him where NOT to go... for all I know he's still there contracting with the base smoking pot in his jeep and getting lost looking for land turtles. Its the stuff like that where I wonder about our tax payer dollars and know for a fact that the .mil is a terrible steward of them.

This very important thread has completely devolved into a noisy chat room. Some people are actually looking for information on escaping global tyranny. Can we get back to the point?