Woke Military

Elipe

Pelican
Woke military, Canuck edition-

First: that's an interesting pic for that caption by the admiral.

Second: I'm sometimes struck by how often they like to repeat the diversity is our strength mantra over and over, almost like they're trying to convince themselves on it too. It's like a spell they keep trying to repeat to get it to work, but for some reason every time there's an effort to push diversity, "operational excellence" just mysteriously keeps going out the window...

Must be those evil racist white males.

But not the ones in the picture, mind you!

Renzy

Pelican

Military struggles to answer how many extremists are in ranks

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin faces an early test as he races to advance a major initiative targeting far-right extremism in the ranks, a challenge that officials acknowledge is complicated by the Pentagon's lack of clarity on the extent of the threat following the U.S. Capitol riot.

The Jan. 6 events at the Capitol, in which Trump supporters stormed Congress in an attempt to prevent President Joe Biden from taking office, laid bare the appeal of white supremacist and anti-government groups among some veterans and, in smaller numbers, currently serving troops. Among the 190 people charged in the siege, at least 30 are veterans. Three are reservists or National Guard members.

The false dichotomy that the Left is building (has built?) is that anyone whose beliefs don't align with leftist dogma is now considered a radical extremist, a "white supremacist", etc. There is no room for nuance or disagreement. They're erasing any sort of middle ground. You're either for diversity or you're a Nazi. Have doubts about the integrity of our last election? You're a radicalized insurgent who's trying to overthrow our government.

"What you want is for people who are trained with safeguarding the population in some capacity, who have military weapons training, to be better than the rest of the country at resisting, at not being susceptible, to propaganda, to ideological radicalization," said Cynthia Miller-Idriss, director of the Polarization and Extremism Research and Innovation Lab at American University.

The lack of self-awareness and the level of unintentional irony here is amazing. In the mind of leftists, it is the *non-woke* among us who have succumbed to "ideological radicalization."

First among the challenges for Austin and his aides is the lack of centralized means of documenting and tracking incidence of extremism in military units.
To effectively identify signs of extremist ideology, experts say military commanders must make themselves more familiar with relevant external signs like flags, patches or tattoos. The creation of a military-wide tattoo and symbology database would help, they say.

"Everybody knows what a swastika is, but I don't know that everybody knows what Pepe the Frog is," Jensen said, referring to the green frog meme that became associated with white supremacist and other groups. "So they don't know they are witnessing something that has ties to extremism."

The government is going to build a nice big database of all the different kinds of doubleplusbad wrongthink that exists. Rest assured the database will always be getting bigger and the rules which decide whether something constitutes extremism will always become broader.

How will they ferret out who the non-woke are, silently lurking within the ranks of the military...?

Lawmakers including Rep. Jackie Speier, D-Calif., who chairs the House Armed Services' military personnel subcommittee, are calling for the Biden administration to mandate stronger screening of social media for service members. Under her proposal, recruits would be required to provide social media handles when they apply for security clearances.

"Now that we have an administration that is taking this problem seriously, we must take action," Speier said in a statement.

DanielH

Pelican
Orthodox
So what happens if the recruit just says, "I don't have one"?
Anywhere from an administrative separation if they find out you're lying early on to 5 years in Leavenworth Prison. Lying to the government is 5 years max but that only applies to peasants.

Renzy

Pelican
So what happens if the recruit just says, "I don't have one"?

With the way things are going I wouldn't be surprised if that's seen as suspect too. If you can't show that you're publicly supporting GloboHomo then perhaps it's because you're privately against it. Your lack of visible endorsement either signals a lack of enthusiasm or worse, it's evidence that you're harboring nefarious beliefs that you're trying to conceal.

The joke was you didn't want to be the first one to stop clapping after Stalin gave a speech. Well you don't want to be singled out for being the only one not showing support for all the important "isms" and slogans, the rainbow flags and "diversity is our strength" platitudes.

Elipe

Pelican
With the way things are going I wouldn't be surprised if that's seen as suspect too. If you can't show that you're publicly supporting GloboHomo then perhaps it's because you're privately against it. Your lack of visible endorsement either signals a lack of enthusiasm or worse, it's evidence that you're harboring nefarious beliefs that you're trying to conceal.
Yeah, I think that's where things are headed right now. And it will all be greeted with thunderous applause, even as the applauding leftists suddenly find that they're the tail of Ouroboros.

DanielH

Pelican
Orthodox
Yeah, I think that's where things are headed right now. And it will all be greeted with thunderous applause, even as the applauding leftists suddenly find that they're the tail of Ouroboros.
It's to the point that after Jan 6 my wife and I discussed the idea of putting up a yard sign that gives the impression that we weren't conservative (we live in a crowded blue area). We don't want to lie though so it would be about something environmental.

Forester

Robin
Woke military, Canuck edition-

Look at these people, held hostage by the institution, by the covid tyranny, but primarily by themselves. That picture is dystopian on several levels. Imagine showing that to a Canadian soldier in 1944. At least they're not all Chinese, which in 15 years the Canadian military will be.

As a Canuck who formerly served in the military cadet program for many years, it pains me to see what has become of our armed forces in this regard.

I'm not that old, but old enough to remember seeing the writing on the wall a couple decades ago already. Although myself and many of my friends at the time were fairly naive of the various workings of "woke" agendas, we certainly noticed an increasing trend of things becoming soft...from policy changes to sensitivity training, and even seeing the gradual influx of more women. These were things that never sat well with us. Fortunately we started out under the "old school" system, where things like masculinity, self-discipline, leadership, and physical/mental toughness were encouraged and at the forefront of our thinking, rather than godless liberal ideologies and social fads. Back then, the men in that picture would have been ridiculed and seen as weak.

There was a point years ago where I really began to miss the cameraderie and contemplated returning as an officer, but the more I looked in to how much things had changed, I thank the Lord I didn't, as I would have a real tough time dealing with this kind of nonsense at a leadership level with a clear conscience.

You don't even have to go back to 1944 though... there are plenty of us Canadians today who are just as disgusted with this as our former soldiers would have been.

bmw633

Woodpecker
I disagree. All the compentent generals and officers(active and retired) are ideologically on our side more or less. Mcmasters came up with the insurgency strategy in iraq. There might need to be a huge event to convince him though. Allen West and Flynn are highly respected. That doesnt count for the thousands of unknown retired officers that are out there who know what they are doing and got out because of the PC culture and the political atmosphere. Spec op guys are trained to be leaders so throw them in. Dont count out NCOs as well. For political leadership, the right guy will reveal himself, I like DeSantis. You need a group of reliable, loyal men espcially after the treachery Trump went through.

The other side active and retired generals are yesmen.
Petraeus: overrated
McChrystal: big ego, no talent
Austin: Affirmative action
Mattis: weasel, bookworm

Put that together with them pushing out red blooded Americans, that's going to be a dumpster fire.
Add Colin Powell to the sh!t pile.

As a Canuck who formerly served in the military cadet program for many years, it pains me to see what has become of our armed forces in this regard.

I'm not that old, but old enough to remember seeing the writing on the wall a couple decades ago already. Although myself and many of my friends at the time were fairly naive of the various workings of "woke" agendas, we certainly noticed an increasing trend of things becoming soft...from policy changes to sensitivity training, and even seeing the gradual influx of more women. These were things that never sat well with us. Fortunately we started out under the "old school" system, where things like masculinity, self-discipline, leadership, and physical/mental toughness were encouraged and at the forefront of our thinking, rather than godless liberal ideologies and social fads. Back then, the men in that picture would have been ridiculed and seen as weak.

There was a point years ago where I really began to miss the cameraderie and contemplated returning as an officer, but the more I looked in to how much things had changed, I thank the Lord I didn't, as I would have a real tough time dealing with this kind of nonsense at a leadership level with a clear conscience.

You don't even have to go back to 1944 though... there are plenty of us Canadians today who are just as disgusted with this as our former soldiers would have been.
Totally. I was I during the early '90's and although there were already a bunch of women training with us (one of whom was having a very open affair with one of the senior NCOs and another who almost killed her instructor on the grenade range because she was terrified by the sound of the explosions and freaked out while holding a live one) it was still pretty much what I had expected from a military experience. Even a few years later, things began to radically change, to the point where I even heard that NCOs were no longer allowed to use "foul, abusive language" with the lower ranks.

Peacock
Gold Member
Esv4kc5XIAUBRPy

Max Roscoe

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
I never understood why there was such strong fondness for the US military among Americans. We had 2 centuries of nearly every great American leader condemning large standing militaries and interventionist foreign policy. These were key principles of the Founders. The US military incurred its greatest losses in a war to invade, kill and subjugate other Americans. Nearly every military engagement of the last century was at best unnecessary and often had disastrous results. The military sat impotent and unused as 100+ million invaders entered and occupied our territory. Now they are literally standing guard to protect a usurper in the White House.

I think at this point the "military is on our side" position can be safely placed in the dustbin with the Q prophecies.
Amen, brother.

And the ramifications for the world have been horrendous. One has to go back a long time, well before I was born, to find a war where the United States did not support the side of evil. In every modern engagement, and perhaps in all of them, the US picked the *worst* side of all and joined the side of evil in battle. I took a church class on Just War theory many years ago and I seem to remember finally identifying ONE engagement where the US arguably was on the side of good, but I have since forgotten it.

Max Roscoe

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
I think we'll see overt military occupations of red America within the next 10 decades. When the Soviets did this, they made sure not to use soldiers from that country or region, I.e. Kazakhs occupying Estonia, Ukrainians occupying Kazakhstan, things like that.
I remember someone posting that they were flying in troops from Hawaii for the inaugauration occupation earlier this year.

Navy is purging. “Respect” added to core values, minorities basically don't have to test anymore, minorities required in many positions. Disgusting. “Navy: Whites Need not Apply”

The Navy not learning from their mistakes, USS Kitty Hawk and USS Constellation, early 1970s.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Kitty_Hawk_riot

https://www.nytimes.com/1973/02/18/archives/the-constellation-incident-a-sort-of-mutiny.html