Woke Military

I had to oversee several major maintenance inspections as an Executive Officer in a Battery as well as Pre/Post deployment maintenance inspections in an motorized Infantry unit aside from the monthly/weekly time at the motorpool/gun park.

My experience was that the unit that is about to deploy is fixed up, meanwhile the rest of the units are just hovering at about 50-70% deadlined and in a state of swapping gear within the Battalion just to support training/field op cycle.

For those who've not served. Consider that in units with lots of equipment (tanks/Artillery ect...) maintenance is about 1/2 or more of your man hour work load for a combat arms unit ( even more focused for aircraft) you still have to conduct PT, conduct field ops (a week or so at a time) do annual training and "safety stand downs" administrative work ect... plus there are professional military education events you send your Marines to which also takes up your small unit leaders and supervisor's time.

Further more the operation tempo (at least as I experienced it in the Fleet as an Arty Officer) is insane. Frequently you also had people fudging maintenance reports and wasting Tax Payer dollars as Easy C said.

No-one wants to admit that the military's readiness is completely in the tank from a result of 2 decades of endless war. Its the proverbial "self licking ice cream cone" as no one wants to admit that they are combat ineffective therefore they find ways to cut corners so that they dont have to put a bad report up to higher.

I got myself into some trouble when I reported the actual state of not-being-ready of our gear at one point. Got my battalion commander (my boss's boss) in a lot of hot water for pointing out how bad we actually were in relation to the table of organization and equipment standards. This ultimately resulted in me being moved out of the battalion and into a new unit after I had already identified all the problems, and solutions for fixing the unit up pre-deployment. Thankfully this would up resulting in a positive outcome as I went on the deployment with a different unit in a different role, and had much more positive effect on my career.

I grew up close to one of the largest AF bases in the United States. And there was a very sad incident where I believe an E-7 sergeant had signed off on the maintenance of a fighter jet. This was a brand new plane and when the pilot went supersonic, it just disintegrated. The sergeant was viewed as the culprit responsible, and when security police showed up at his home to retrieve him, he knew what was up, and he went to the backyard, where he had built his son a tree house. The sergeant climbed into it, took out a handgun and ended his own life!

Later, an investigation found that the sergeant was not responsible in the sense that what he was required to do for maintenance would not have detected the defect in the plane. It was in fact a worker at the factory who had done something very wrong during the assembly, which created a hidden "ticking time bomb" for any pilot.

I remember how the sergeant looked just like a real life Ned Flanders, a character from The Simpsons. If only he had not given into his fear and self-doubt...

Last edited:

get2choppaaa

Ostrich
This very important thread has completely devolved into a noisy chat room. Some people are actually looking for information on escaping global tyranny. Can we get back to the point?
Sure fella, but since I am assuming that you being from Norway you dont have much insight into the inteworkings of the .mil from an Americans point of view (which is what this thread is about) why don't you do so by sharing artilces/tweet/experiences that spur on the conversation back on point.

One might see the connection to the stupidity of woke conservationism and fraud waste and abuse and the misuse of tax payer dollars as a self licking icecream cone resulting in the current state of affairs but I digress....

Bamboozler

Pigeon
A foreigner speaking. Is there any sensible reason provided for the glorious decision of creating non-binary homosoldiers ? Is that a stepping stone towards creating a supersoldier ? Is there any explanation at all apart from the usual meaningless platitudes ?

Easy_C

Peacock
This very important thread has completely devolved into a noisy chat room. Some people are actually looking for information on escaping global tyranny. Can we get back to the point?
I think you’re looking for the “Escaping Corona” thread. Anything about military stupidity is at least kind of on topic here

Garuda

Kingfisher
In fairness this was likely just some tweaker and the soldiers in question were unarmed aircraft mechanics, as long as nobody else was in danger which they probably weren't they did the right thing by calling the cops to come deal with it.

I like how the article makes it clear that "It is unclear from the records whether the man was an actual practitioner of ninjutsu."

Thats true.

At 29 Palms the tweakers come out from the desert and salvage the scrap metal... had a meth monkey or two I had to get off my artillery pos since they didnt understand big things go boom isnt where you want to be in front of in their state of drug induced zombification.
I didn't realize a civilian could wander that far into a place where military training is going on. Thanks for the insight.

get2choppaaa

Ostrich
A foreigner speaking. Is there any sensible reason provided for the glorious decision of creating non-binary homosoldiers ? Is that a stepping stone towards creating a supersoldier ? Is there any explanation at all apart from the usual meaningless platitudes ?
Nope. Its just social engineering and the managed decline of the military via subversion from within and without.

The Marine Corps did a very comprehensive study on the integration of women into combat arms (I think it was called the Ground Task Force for Integrate Combat Forces or something like that) and it was demonstrated that women were less effective even though the study had some significant holes in the composition and paired up women with men who were thus carrying the majority of the weight.

Even General Mattis (who is a forever war anti-trump turncoat whore) pointed that out in front of Congress but it was overruled.

Bamboozler

Pigeon
Nope. Its just social engineering and the managed decline of the military via subversion from within and without.

The Marine Corps did a very comprehensive study on the integration of women into combat arms (I think it was called the Ground Task Force for Integrate Combat Forces or something like that) and it was demonstrated that women were less effective even though the study had some significant holes in the composition and paired up women with men who were thus carrying the majority of the weight.

Even General Mattis (who is a forever war anti-trump turncoat whore) pointed that out in front of Congress but it was overruled.

If someone is willing to change their own gender than by definition the person becomes a perfect lab rat.
I figured the mentally unstable would be easier to convcince to undergo some extra 'enhancing' treatments.

I've always found the idea of women taking part in the military and military-like services counterintuitive. I mean
does anyone really believe that in the time of crisis they can perform as well as men ? Even if modern warfare is going the way of
full dependence on technology, there must be someone who's willing to push the button. When in danger, the first instinct of a woman is to hide behind a strong man's back. Why would anyone invest so much resources in order to try to fit a round peg in a square hole ?

@ Bamboozler

"Even if modern warfare is going the way of full dependence on technology, there must be someone who's willing to push the button. When in danger, the first instinct of a woman is to hide behind a strong man's back"

Women will have no problem with 'pushing the button'. I live in Ireland and I had a chat with a police officer a few years ago and he told me that the female police officers were way quicker to use non-lethal force (mace) than male officers. He told me that once a suspect started becoming argumentative / disruptive the female officers were reaching for the mace. His exact words were - "they mace for Ireland" LOL. I'd imagine that it would be no different in a warfare context?

Bamboozler

Pigeon
Women will have no problem with 'pushing the button'. I live in Ireland and I had a chat with a police officer a few years ago and he told me that the female police officers were way quicker to use non-lethal force (mace) than male officers. He told me that once a suspect started becoming argumentative / disruptive the female officers were reaching for the mace. His exact words were - "they mace for Ireland" LOL. I'd imagine that it would be no different in a warfare context?

I wouldn't be sure about that. There's a reason why low testosterone, docile, spirit-broken men are called effeminate. Their prowess isn't exactly what they're well-know for. Maybe the police officers you're talking about are fine with violence provided that the victim doesn't hit back ? ;)

@ Bamboozler

"Even if modern warfare is going the way of full dependence on technology, there must be someone who's willing to push the button. When in danger, the first instinct of a woman is to hide behind a strong man's back"

I have encountered many cops over the years, and it was the physically extra extra large men who were the most relaxed around me. They knew they had the physical power to deal quickly with most threats. I found generally that physically small and slender cops are jumpy and prone to act out of fear (along the lines of women).

And as for soldiers, the Israeli military was the one to do much of the foundational work on how women do in combat. There are some who can up to a point hold their own well, but their male teammates will overcompensate to help them should they be wounded, leading to more casualties, and male Muslim combatants will often fight to the death rather than surrender to women, which causes a higher death toll for the IDF. And there are other matters such as sexual tensions/jealousies, the relative physical frailty of the female body, which is more vulnerable to bullets/explosive munitions trauma, and the lesser levels of stamina/endurance of women, which weakens the units involved.

Towgunner

Kingfisher
On women in "combat" or just women in general in the military, this creates a very real negative effect. The trouble is, when one explains this, especially to an ideologue and, worse, a feminist ideologue, it comes across as abstract. Terms like "unit cohesion", which is imperative for any fighting unit, nonetheless, lacks in its ability to persuade an academic or legislature. Both individuals statistically are unlikely to have ever served, not even in the Cub Scouts, so, this gets lost in translation. Naturally, said academics and legislatures are already convinced by their agenda, in this case, feminism, which isn't right, but, compelling for no other reason than they've already made up their minds. There is a slight irony here because we can observe the impact to unit cohesion with everyday encounters. Whenever there's a group of males and then there's a female(s), the moment that female(s) enters the group the dynamic changes. Again, "dynamic", exactly what does that mean? Even here, we see how semantics plays a part. Something changes, although, its not physical in nature, rather, subliminal. Regardless, the impact is real. Once a woman comes into the picture many things change. And it only takes one. Whereas a military unit will have its vertical management structure plus a competency factor, bravery, physicality etc, when a woman is introduced, this is compromised. Because another pecking order is introduced.

Easy_C

Peacock
It showed more than that. It showed that having women in combat also leads to more of the men in combat being killed.

Easy_C

Peacock
Here's a good post. The outgoing Air Force Cybersecurity head just left. He's kind of a normie but the post helps shed a lot of light on why so much of what they do is badly screwed up:

Pointy Elbows

Robin
Orthodox
China is developing hypersonic, miniaturized nuke, cruise control capability.

Our 2-Star generals are complaining about french manicures being unauthorized.

The brightest young military guy I know is being court martialed and discharged for declining the ridiculous vaccine.

Maybe it is good that he won't be aboard a ship in the times to come.