Woman divorces husband after he pays for her law degree

My take away from this, it would be that men must constantly maintain a strong frame: financially, psychologically and physically. If these three areas are neglected, the woman is sure to start "shopping" around. Of course, it's not fool proof. His mistake was assuming women will honor their word, which is always a resounding, "no".

S.Jef

Chicken
I am not a Staten, not even a Saxon country inhabitant so I am planets away from your legislation. My mentality, will be considered as... evil against the "fair" sex. But my idea is; Forget het existence as a human. It is YOU and ONLY YOU that matters for the moment, unless there are kids. You mentioned nothing for these. But, isn't it possible to gain with your lawyer compensation of the expenses that you did those five years that you mentioned, apart of this loan that you said? When we ask for happiness, we usually know that we have to pay the respectable price. Let her also see the same effect of real life. Good luck buddy!

I dont fell sorry for him. He seems the kind of guy that shouted "you go girl" to his wife and love to tell his friends how his wife is more intelligent than him, empowered and how he love being ruled by her. As everyone here knows, women hate feminist men and hate even more men who empower them.

Notice how in his account he says that his wife calls him by effeminating names, but why not she call him of sexist names that liberals use to attack republicans ? Because this man was an effeminate and a beta male. She could have chosen any type of cursing, but she preferred to use the trait that most bothered her.

Even if they hadn't been divorced, their life could have been a disaster. His wife would treat him as inferior, she will refuse to get pregnant, she will take care more of her carrer than her marriage, she could cheat on him, she would pay more attention to her instagram than to her husband and many others worse things.

That serves as a lesson for everyone who still thinks it is natural to educate women and give them power over you.

shahmark

Chicken

To be fair, this kind of thing has long gone the other way with much more frequency. (Not financially, but in terms of moral and support). When was in medical school, there were many a stories of a wife taking care of her husband taking on the stress, long hours, and rigor of medical education and training, and when he became a successful, high-income doctor, he divorces her for a younger nurse or trophy. As a single student, it was clear that married students being supported (cooking, cleaning, errands) had more time and advantage to prioritize focus, study, and resting and relaxing with the support of their mates.

When a guy wants his wife to work to increase his material standard of living instead of attend to family and home, it certainly comes with such an outcome. She's naturally going to seek a stronger male, specially as she ventures into the ocean of sharks as a fledgling attorney. It is natural to see him as self-emasculated and unwilling to be her protector. His writing is whiny and bitching. Even the part that his consolation is not having to pay alimony.

IMO, the bottom line is integrity and loyalty, which has to go both ways. But a man has to be a man, regardless of the conditions.

00anon00

Chicken
I wonder to what extent social class or (proper) education influences this type of behavior? In addition to myself, I can think of three couples in which the woman far out earns the man, and it's not an issue in the slightest. These couples all come from non-gauche upper middle class backgrounds, and all are tightly pair-bonded. To us, and to these other couples that I know (some better than others), money just isn't that big of a thing. It's nice that there is plenty of it, but it just not the lever of power in some relationships that it seems to be to others. That said, I recognize that this may most often not be the case.

I wonder if money equates to power more often for women who do not come from enough? Or does it have nothing to do with class and everything to do with her individual genetic propensity/personality (which may in turn have influenced the success or class of her parents). I don't know the answer, but as a contrarian who often chimes into liberal boards with messages that align with right-wing thinking in general, I also just like to chime in here sometimes to let people know that there are in fact some normal, loving women out there...

The biggest question I am often left with is: if you find that you have a need to exert control your wife, is she really someone you would want to be married to? I feel like my wife and I are "on the same page" about practically everything, and I have seen this in others.

A final note: I have one friend who out earns his wife. And yet she uses this fact against him, by taking an immature anti-capitalist position to obtain the moral high ground (and power) in their relationship. So, it seems that some women just have a need for power over their mate and will use whatever means at their disposal, whether material or ideological, to obtain it.

Last edited:
I wonder to what extent social class or (proper) education influences this type of behavior? In addition to myself, I can think of three couples in which the woman far out earns the man, and it's not an issue in the slightest. These couples all come from non-gauche upper middle class backgrounds, and all are tightly pair-bonded. To us, and to these other couples that I know (some better than others), money just isn't that big of a thing. It's nice that there is plenty of it, but it just not the lever of power in some relationships that it seems to be to others. That said, I recognize that this may most often not be the case.

I wonder if money equates to power more often for women who do not come from enough? Or does it have nothing to do with class and everything to do with her individual genetic propensity/personality (which may in turn have influenced the success or class of her parents). I don't know the answer, but as a contrarian who often chimes into liberal boards with messages that align with right-wing thinking in general, I also just like to chime in here sometimes to let people know that there are in fact some normal, loving women out there...

The biggest question I am often left with is: if you find that you have a need to exert control your wife, is she really someone you would want to be married to? I feel like my wife and I are "on the same page" about practically everything, and I have seen this in others.

A final note: I have one friend who out earns his wife. And yet she uses this fact against him, by taking an immature anti-capitalist position to obtain the moral high ground (and power) in their relationship. So, it seems that some women just have a need for power over their mate and will use whatever means at their disposal, whether material or ideological, to obtain it.
Hah, let me tell you I've been with women who actually got ahead of themselves and were already trying to shame me because they believe that their potential ambitions by having a degree would lead them to making more money than me even though they don't have the degree yet or any job in it to speak of, and they already saw themselves as potentially a "higher earner" than me. Every single one of them I knocked them off their pedestal about attending their pathetic college. None of them ever amounted to anything either and were always broke AF.

I once read of an even more brutal story! It was about a woman with three kids who married some beta guy with a fairly well paid job. They were married for a wee while, when she proposed that he adopt her children, as their natural father was a good-for-nothing and it would make them into a 'proper family'. He agreed. She also got him to have a vasectomy, as she didn't want any more kids. A year or two later she moved in with her new lover and he was sued for child maintenance and half of everything that was his.

The problem is that lots of young women want careers, and if she's a bright young thing who wants to do something fulfilling, it wouldn't be right to stop her. I know a local GP who works part time and is a wonderful mother to her five children. Secondly, if you only have an average income, then you will struggle financially without two wages, and whether that's by accident or design, it's the way things are.

There is a way around that. Including multigenerational households. Minimalism and so forth to stretch the wages.

Likewise it seemed doable because she was part time.

But even then pawning children off the "Childcare"(Daycare) will ruin them if even that part-time career necessitates it.

Blade Runner

Pelican
In complex human societies, the "animal law" is far more complicated. We see the reversion to animal instincts (base instincts) only because other men allow a protection scenario that enables modern woman to walk away from certain situations at her desire and will. Societal and cultural enforcement is the only check, it is true, to a woman's base instinct of conditional association.

Ward Bond

Chicken
Certain people that have a little bit of talent and are constantly praised by parents, who want them to be exceptional, grow up to be narcissists.
They think they have the answer and keys to everything in life and cannot do any wrong. Most of them are men , but female examples do exist. If you have the misfortune to fall in love and marry one of these individuals you may end up very unhappy indeed. They are toxic individuals and will not accept blame for anything. They have a special sense of entitlement and I feel there are many such individuals in society these days.

Qivar

Pigeon
Briffault’s law - “the female, not the male, determines all the conditions of the animal family. Where the female can derive no benefit from association with the male, no such association takes place.”

Many women see men as utilities to serve a purpose, and once that purpose has been served the man is discarded.
The bolded text not only applies to males with a romantic interest, but to family memebers as well.

You'd be absolutely appalled by how some mothers would act towards their own children and the extremes they're willing to take if the children do something "unapproved" by them, sibilings too.

Despicable.

Qivar

Pigeon
Ha! My friend's ex told him after almost ten years of marriage:

"You can't possibly hold me to a promise I made when I was twenty three."
Ten years or fifty years, makes no difference to them.
I wonder if something had happened during that period or if she simply never liked him and shackled him along.

FactusIRX

Kingfisher
In all fairness, sociopaths are overrepresented in the legal field in general. According to a friend in law, lawyers are basically the biggest scammers in the entire economy - the work is not systematized by the hour, as it is supposedly structured -- the average lawyers just takes you for whatever they think they can get, and make the hours fit that amount. Not to mention the fact that you pay the same $300 an hour to a 110 IQ lawyer who doesn't know what they are doing, and to a 140 IQ lawyer who does. In many cases, the 110 IQ rainmaker lawyer is paying a 140 IQ lawyer $30 to do the work for the cases they are bringing in. If you are filing a lawsuit, make sure to do all the legal research yourself, and hand over your findings to your lawyer. If you don't do it, it might be that nobody will.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if sociopaths are even more overrepresented among women than men, especially since there is a definite contingent of aspie male lawyers for whom the law is their "special interest".

I think I've known four female lawyers: one was a total borderline nutcase (and I have no idea how she ever passed the bar - she knew literally nothing about law; her husband was also an attorney, as well as normal and smart); she destroyed her clients' cases and was even disbarred from practicing several types of law; another one I know is super annoying and has something of an inferiority complex, leading her to sabotage her husband's better career by limiting his opportunities by limiting the geography of where they would live to a city where his industry didn't have a strong presence... only to decide she doesn't want the high-falutin' law career after a few years of grinding (terrible personality but not the divorcing type; I really feel for her poor husband, he's the nicest guy); Another one was a bit dim, but very nice (also probably not the divorcing type). I know another one who wouldn't divorce, as well (went into it because of family, though).

It's good to have a lawyer you can trust around, but yeah, in general, my lawyer friend advises to watch out for lawyers.
Sociopaths are over-represented in any professional field, including surgeons, CEOs, politicians, etc. Female lawyers are either social status climbers, or they are ultra SJW activists. They almost all end up in government or inhouse council. Lawyers in large firms don't make their money of legal services. They make their money off share purchases for client corporations before the corporations do their IPO. That's why if you are not a multi-million dollar company, don't ever use a large firm. An assistant will do all the work, but they will change you the partner's fee.

Max Roscoe

Kingfisher
This thread brings up a point about work I had not yet considered: In addition to all the other problems it causes, allowing a woman in the workplace provides her with temptation and the opportunity to cheat with other men. Now, if you don't trust your woman, you shouldn't be with her, period. And I've never been the type to obsess over a woman's whereabouts, or second guess her loyalty, but the more I think about it, the cheating stories I know almost ALWAYS involve the married partner meeting someone else at work.

If your wife is either at home, or out doing things with the children, or meeting her married female friends, or attending bible study, or shopping, she is far less likely to be put in the situation of temptation that the workplace offers.

Zeknichov

Sparrow
I read the topic title and thought it was me.

My story:

Met my now ex-wife in university. She was from a small town and raised conservative. We got along great for years. During university she became a liberal but so did I. Overall, it didn't seem to matter to much but I did notice her respect/devotion for me seemed to decline. I just thought it was her maturing and becoming more independent.

We get married.

She decides she wants to go back to school for law but goes to a different country because she couldn't get in here (I'm in Canada). She takes out student loans but it's not enough so I pay for the rest. In total including living expenses I think it worked out to like $100k CAD not to mention the fact I was covering the mortgage and all other expenses.

During law school she meets a feminist. I didn't know what feminism really was or cared or understood how this was going to impact me. My ex-wife turned into a toxic feminist. She refused to give me blowjobs because it was demeaning against women but she wanted me to lick her pussy. Relationship takes a nose dive because she starts treating me like garbage. I do my best to try and convince her to be nicer to me. She cheats on me. I still try to mend the relationship (huge mistake) but by then it was already too late. Eventually she just went out and bought a $50k car after I told her we couldn't afford it so I told her I was done and that was the end of that.

I ended up having to pay her $30k to get out of the marriage despite having put her through law school.