Woman divorces husband after he pays for her law degree

Two similar situations.

A friend of mine used to manage a mattress store and was a good salesman. The company hired a middle aged guy who used to do very well working in a car dealership. The guy is a Latino who made six figures and paid for his wife to attend law school. I think they had a couple of kids.

She got her law degree and soon kicked him to the curb. The guy lost his dealership job (not sure before or after getting dumped and ended up selling mattresses). I heard this story from my friend. According to him, the guy was too much of a wimp to sue her for any kind of support and still entertained pipe dream notions of reconciliation.

Second one hits real close to home. Female relative went to law school. During third year, her husband went away and she went to the city to hang out with a male friend her husband didn't approve of (not sure if she did anything but even the visit shows a lack of respect and the character of some "professional women").

She was talking to lawyer dudes and possibly fooling around while still married. She decided to divorce him and they went their separate ways. She used to say "she got married too young" and apparently felt she missed out on some experiences she would have otherwise had.

Female relative started dating again. She learned her highly successful legal career didn't mean so much to a lot of guys who were doing alright with their own money. She went through some breakups and claims some guys cheated on her.

Now, here is the kicker.

Eventually, she got back together with the guy she divorced after law school. Yes, the guy took her back.

Arcite

Sparrow
She decided to divorce him and they went their separate ways. She used to say "she got married too young" and apparently felt she missed out on some experiences she would have otherwise had.

I had a friend this happened to and from the impression I got, the above was the justification in the wife's mind.

They had moved to the city where we all lived at the time so she could get her Ph.D. in a STEM field at the local university. Their plan was that he would work while she was in grad school and once she was finished, she would work while he went to seminary and become a pastor. Meanwhile, he had been a chemistry major so he got a job at a lab. I don't think it was a total McJob, but I do think it was something of a dead-end job, not something where he could climb the ladder and make a career out of it. Anyway, partway through her Ph.D. program, she decides she missed out on those "young single woman" experiences and needs to live it up for a while, and divorces him. So there he is, living in a city that he only ever moved to for his ex-wife's sake, working in a job he never wanted to do long-term, and having to start life over.

He must have tried to argue her out of leaving by appealing to their Christian commitments (which as we sadly know, never works, as that just makes the man look weaker in the woman's eyes, and nothing can really stop a woman from leaving when she wants to, since the marriage contract no longer has the force of law nor social approbation behind it) because he told me she said something like "if I ever do come back to God, it'll be to God as I see him, not the God you made me believe in." Of course, he hadn't made her do anything, but that's typical of women, to accuse you of forcing them to do something they didn't want to do.

stugatz

Pelican
Ugh. I've been considering paralegal work after I finish my degree - the anecdotes in this thread make me want to just not be within a 20 mile radius of lawyers. I don't know any decent ones.

Transsimian

Ostrich
Gold Member
Even theredpill had many men celebrating getting childfree vacetomies so they had the 'freedom' not to be 'tied down'.

Basically cucking away any potential descendants chance of life.

A lot of the stories here illustrate why I strongly disagree with this idea that you get financially well-established before marriage. No. Do that and you become an entirely different, and material, prospect for a woman, and you will inevitably increase your risk of attracting a parasite. I've been married twice, and while the first marriage didn't work out, I was barely impacted financially or emotionally by it. I remarried relatively quickly, and even though I now had more plus a career, I downplayed everything to shit-test all my dates for materialism. This weeded out more than 90% of them. Eventually I struck gold in that 10% of non-materialists. Marry as young as you can, before you have a house and other serious assets. The woman who marries you will love you for an entirely different set of reasons, including belief in your personal qualities and potential. Accumulate a house and assets with the woman, and make sure she works to help provide for it, either in the form of a salary or in raising children and keeping the house well. In the first five years, if you're childless, under no circumstances adopt major debts she's accrued, and don't take on any new ones, especially if they benefit her alone and not the household. Keep things absolutely equal in terms of effort and investment, that way if it all falls apart, a 50/50 split will be fair. Don't expect a perfect life, and expect to take knocks. We don't live in fairy tales.

Ugh. I've been considering paralegal work after I finish my degree - the anecdotes in this thread make me want to just not be within a 20 mile radius of lawyers. I don't know any decent ones.

I am currently doing a temp job in a Postroom/Mailroom of a large law firm. My advice is Don't be a paralegal. It's only bearable for me because my two colleagues are 50 year old "aware" dudes who understand how the game is played (one of them is even a mgtow) and I rarely have to deal with anything besides lawyers post and some maintenance in the building so interaction is kept at a minimum.

Most Lawyers are stuck up assholes and the partners are banging all the female trainees/female lawyers. The female lawyers are also turd for brains but get hired because you know...

And the tie-in to this nightmare story is the painfully common occurrence of a woman who divorces her husband as soon as her college loans are paid off by him! I've read that you can time a divorce request like clockwork based on when the final payment is made...

Young men growing up in this day and age clearly need to watch the film Jarhead.

To this day I am actually surprised that Hollywood openly dropped truth pills on us like that.

stugatz

Pelican
I am currently doing a temp job in a Postroom/Mailroom of a large law firm. My advice is Don't be a paralegal. It's only bearable for me because my two colleagues are 50 year old "aware" dudes who understand how the game is played (one of them is even a mgtow) and I rarely have to deal with anything besides lawyers post and some maintenance in the building so interaction is kept at a minimum.
Why not exactly? Buddy of mine said that he wouldn’t necessarily recommend just because the market is oversaturated with people wanting to work in law, so it’s difficult to get full time work. Is it just that the people are garbage and draining to deal with?

Can tell you that a cousin of mine is a former Marine that went to law school and is now the most insufferable person I know. (Left wing kook that resents his strict Catholic upbringing, too.). Marines often like to tell you they were Marines...but add a lawyer’s self-importance on top of that, and I wonder how he has any friends.

If he’s the usual personality for a lawyer maybe you’re right.