Women drivers

Solitarius

Sparrow
I'd like to read of your experiences with feral females on the road. It seems that 8 times out of 10 when I see reckless driving, or look in the mirror & find that I've got a motorised remora attached to the back of my vehicle it's a young woman with the typical hateful expression on her make-up caked face that is apparently obligatory for their kind. I get young male hooligans occasionally as well, but the women are the worst. They have no understanding of cause & effect. Really, the roads would be much much safer if they were forbidden to drive as is done in some Middle Eastern countries.

dicknixon72

Pelican
Worst drives in no particular order...
*Squids on sportbikes
*Middle-aged white women in low-end crossovers
*Boomers in F-250s, Tundras with lift kits
*TacomaBros
*Any Nissan Rogue/Rogue Sport
*Seniors in Hyundais/Kias specifically
*Asian women in minivans
*49cc scooter riders on 40+MPH streets
*Any of these male/female Uber/Lyft slaves who think they are a municipal bus because they're an ad hoc gypsy cab and dead-stop in the middle of the road with their hazards on to retrieve their vacuous bachelorette party riders.

American drivers are particularly bad because we have minimal driver education with zero emphasis on treating a car as the sophisticated machine that it is.

A solid year course in high school - divided with auto tech/shop and practical road time plush basic in-the-field car maintenance - would do wonders as well as recurring skills tests. The 'vision acuity' test is B.S. because reading a letter at 300 yards doesn't mean anything if you don't know where the front end of your Fusion is.

FrancisK

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Worst drives in no particular order...
*Squids on sportbikes
*Middle-aged white women in low-end crossovers
*Boomers in F-250s, Tundras with lift kits
*TacomaBros
*Any Nissan Rogue/Rogue Sport
*Seniors in Hyundais/Kias specifically
*Asian women in minivans
*49cc scooter riders on 40+MPH streets
*Any of these male/female Uber/Lyft slaves who think they are a municipal bus because they're an ad hoc gypsy cab and dead-stop in the middle of the road with their hazards on to retrieve their vacuous bachelorette party riders.

American drivers are particularly bad because we have minimal driver education with zero emphasis on treating a car as the sophisticated machine that it is.

A solid year course in high school - divided with auto tech/shop and practical road time plush basic in-the-field car maintenance - would do wonders as well as recurring skills tests. The 'vision acuity' test is B.S. because reading a letter at 300 yards doesn't mean anything if you don't know where the front end of your Fusion is.

You forgot about the guy who bought the V6 instead of the V8….

Whenever there is someone riding an inch from your tail, weaving in and out of traffic driving like a maniac to move one car length forward with a dozen other cars in front of them I look over to see what the hell their problem is and it’s always a girl, they don’t don’t even look over that’s just the way they drive all is normal….

Any time I have driven a girls car it no matter how many miles it has it feels like it’s asking to be killed.

Thomas More

Hummingbird
I see some cases where women show less extreme technical proficiency in driving. However, they seem to be able to compensate for this sufficiently to have an overall lower accident rate.

Insurance rates for women have been lower for decades. This is not some SJW feminist empowerment. This is a true lower level of risk going back to the days before birth control and Women's lib.

Teenagers are the really bad drivers.

Batman_

Kingfisher
I haven't really noticed much of a difference because most drivers are terrible.

The fact that most Americans cannot parallel park or drive a stick should tell you everything.

Lots of other little things too. They don't know how to break correctly, every driver approaching a red light doesn't think to coast and intermittently apply the breaks - instead wait until they're 50ft from the light then press down hard to a dead stop. They don't know how to make turns without understeering or oversteering - ever try to approach the end of a left turn lane at a 4way when perpendicular traffic begins making their own left turn onto your street? If you're not careful they'll ****ing hit you because they drift right into your lane if you're not there before them. Worst of all, the majority of drivers do not even understand the simple concept of driving on the right, passing on the left, and this leads to incalculable time lost from congestion. I could go on and on with more examples.

Last edited:

FrancisK

Kingfisher
Gold Member
I haven't really noticed much of a difference because most drivers are terrible.

The fact that most Americans cannot parallel park or drive a stick should tell you everything.

Lots of other little things too. They don't know how to break correctly, every driver approaching a red light doesn't think to coast and intermittently apply the breaks - instead wait until they're 50ft from the light then press down hard to a dead stop. They don't know how to make turns without understeering or oversteering - ever try to approach the end of a left turn lane at a 4way when perpendicular traffic begins making their own left turn onto your street? If you're not careful they'll ****ing hit you because they drift right into your lane if you're not there before them. Worst of all, the majority of drivers do not even understand the simple concept of driving on the right, passing on the left, and this leads to incalculable time lost from congestion. I could go on and on with more examples.

In fairness, I don’t think not being able to drive a stick is indicative of what kind of driver you are. I understand the concept of driving a stick and how it works but I’ve never actually had to do it before so I could say myself I don’t know how to drive a stick, I don’t think F1 paddles count.

I think a lot of people have trouble anticipating things, they just react instead of looking ahead and being ready for what’s going to happen. They also drive as if nobody else is on the road turning out before they turn in and cruising at whatever speed they feel like instead of moving with traffic….I don’t know why but it seems every black person does this.

Batman_

Kingfisher
In fairness, I don’t think not being able to drive a stick is indicative of what kind of driver you are. I understand the concept of driving a stick and how it works but I’ve never actually had to do it before so I could say myself I don’t know how to drive a stick, I don’t think F1 paddles count.

I guess I'm biased because my judgment of other drivers is based off of their technical driving ability rather than things like courtesy or aggressiveness (with left lane hogging being an exception).

I would bet that most Americans would not be able to handle driving a stick shift, due to the level of focus and dexterity it requires and the fact that you can't have a free hand for eating fast food or using your phone. I admit it does suck if you have gridlocked traffic commutes every day.

Cartographer

Pelican
Gold Member
It's not fair to say women can't drive at all.
Male family members should be able to issue temporary licenses to women, while having responsibility for their drivers, of course.

Maybe we can set it up like that on that island roosh was going to buy.

The Penitent Man

Kingfisher
Does she qualify as one of OP's 'feral females'?

This actually serves as the perfect analogy for most female-male disputes, as it so aptly demonstrates the woman’s inability to take responsibility for anything she does, or to even understand why she is responsible for her actions and the things she controls.

And then he said: “It’s like rear-ending someone and then blaming them for the damage to your car!” Of course, that will just be an inside joke for the men. For many women that’s just normal.

Imagine if these people were given positions of authority, what a pickle we would be in.

02Hero

Sparrow
My mom is a good driver, for a female. I have also noticed some women like to push behind you constantly, even if you drive on the most right side of the road.

In general women are definitely worse drivers than men.

The Penitent Man

Kingfisher
We have to consider that these feral women behind the wheel is only half the problem. What about the problem lurking beneath the surface, the problem not captured on film, the problem of the woman behind the man behind the wheel. I’m talking about “BACKSEAT DRIVERS” [queue music].

What is worse? The one who doesn’t know how to drive, or the one who doesn’t know how to drive directing the driver?

We will never know, but here’s a good compilation of some great driving:

MtnMan

Kingfisher
I drive a lot of miles, and on pretty rural roads, so I run into the same people again and again. I have noticed that there are several women who tailgate me over a mountain pass when I am going the speed limit or above, but will NEVER pass. When I pull over to let them by (because they are too close to me to be safe), they go by with a look of wonder, like they cannot figure out why I am letting them by.

I have noticed when men tailgate, they will pass given the opportunity.

I am not sure who is the worse set of drivers overall, there are some pretty bad male drivers too.

My wife is an excellent driver, and drives a manual transmission. She can drive whatever I show her, tractors, big trucks, etc.

C-Note

Hummingbird
Gold Member
I spend a lot of time cycling on the road, so it gives me a chance to watch cars and drivers from a different perspective than when I'm driving a vehicle myself. In my experience in the US, these are the worst drivers, in this order:

1. Teenagers, usually male, driving tricked-out pickup trucks. It's not even close. Whenever I see a fully-accessorized pickup with a young driver, I'm immediately on my guard, by experience. It I was an insurance company, this is the category I would charge the highest rates.

2. Pickup drivers in general, both male and female of any age. You may have heard the expression, "road rage truck" and there's a reason for it. I don't know if a road rage-type personality leads people to drive a truck, or driving a truck influences people to be more road-rage.

3. Young, "urban" men and women, although the women might be slightly worse. They are very aggressive, emotional, and impulsive in their driving behavior.

4. Young men on souped-up motorcycles.

5. White SUVs, any brand, both male and female. I don't know why.

Interestingly, men driving muscle cars or sports cars are rarely a problem. They are usually careful to pass, don't excessively speed on residential streets, and seem to have more patience.

Apart from driving, in my experience, it is more difficult for women to park. They seem to have a harder time seeing how to line up the car. Otherwise, I'm not sure that their driving, in general, is more hazardous.

MtnMan

Kingfisher
Apart from driving, in my experience, it is more difficult for women to park. They seem to have a harder time seeing how to line up the car. Otherwise, I'm not sure that their driving, in general, is more hazardous.
I think this may be related to their spatial awareness differences vs men. I have seen a study where they had a baby crawl along glass toward and edge (that they cannot fall off because of the glass). They had men and women label the precise moment where the baby would fall. Men would label the moment accurately where women would label it early. The theory is that women use this early detection as a protection method where men need the actual precise timing more for hunting/fighting etc.

Makes some sense, I see this between my wife and myself.

RWIsrael

Woodpecker
The stigma is that men are aggressive drivers who go over the speed limits and take risks.
While that may be true, my experience of females driving is that they have no peripheral vision, do not signal or check their mirrors prior to turning or changing lanes, will change lanes or turn at the last second with no warning causing other drivers to have to brake and maneuver, and God help you if you ride a motorcycle they will f*cking end you!

Men's driving mistakes are more visible and easy for police to catch (the cameras will catch you speeding if you do it long enough), but women's tendencies are subtly more dangerous to other motorists - they are more likely to cause an accident due to poor situational awareness, sudden random change of lane and lack of consideration.
They also rarely give right of way to motorists and pedestrians on crosswalks.

Bad male drivers are aggressive, loud and brash, bad women drivers are incompetent and unpredictable.

Batman_

Kingfisher
I drive a lot of miles, and on pretty rural roads, so I run into the same people again and again. I have noticed that there are several women who tailgate me over a mountain pass when I am going the speed limit or above, but will NEVER pass. When I pull over to let them by (because they are too close to me to be safe), they go by with a look of wonder, like they cannot figure out why I am letting them by.

I have noticed when men tailgate, they will pass given the opportunity.

I am not sure who is the worse set of drivers overall, there are some pretty bad male drivers too.

My wife is an excellent driver, and drives a manual transmission. She can drive whatever I show her, tractors, big trucks, etc.
I think men are intuitively better drivers, but for some reason their egos get massively inflated behind the wheel, and they turn into baffoons.

Women are generally more sensible drivers overall but lack the intuitive understanding and spatial awareness to drive proactively/defensively.