Women Ruining Themselves With Tattoos -- What to Say?

bucky

Ostrich
Had two conversations with my female flatmate who is currently sans tattoos.

I did not direct the premise to her, yet I did state clearly & several times. That tattoos are a red flag on a girl.
Also, that any guy worth his salt today, will see tattoos on a girl as a red flag.
Especially in light of how overt & garish the trend has become.

Also pointed out, that while it has been a trend for the last ten years.I'm
It will probably waver as a trend over the oncoming ten years as the kids 'naturally' rebel against what their parents do / did.

My kids are still very small and I'm really, really hoping that tattoos will die out by the time they're teenagers. Double for ear gauges, which really make me want to vomit when I see them. You'll occasionally see a well done tattoo on a very fit body that looks OK, but ear gauges are always revolting.

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Gold Member
My kids are still very small and I'm really, really hoping that tattoos will die out by the time they're teenagers. Double for ear gauges, which really make me want to vomit when I see them. You'll occasionally see a well done tattoo on a very fit body that looks OK, but ear gauges are always revolting.

With chicks.
It's one part social conditioning. One part daddy issues.

As such, as long as fathers do their part, a lot of the nonsense should dissipate by all rights.

Caractacus Potts

Woodpecker
Gold Member
Also pointed out, that while it has been a trend for the last ten years.
It will probably waver as a trend over the oncoming ten years as the kids 'naturally' rebel against what their parents do / did
Yep. An ex-girlfriend, who was much younger than me, had a couple of small tatoos. I advised her not to get any more and definitely not to get any that would be visible in a professional work environment. When we were out once she pointed out a Gen-X/Gen-Y woman and referred to her tramp-stamp tatoo as a "Granny Tat"!!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-47231027

'I tattooed my face so I couldn't get a normal job'

Note the huge earrings

Oberrheiner

Pelican
"In another post, she shared a picture of herself with a bare face, taken at the age of 18, showing quotes inked along her ribs.

'This was me at 18 years old. I was so catatonically depressed, suicidal and was a walking dead girl. I was numb. I hated myself majority of the time - that hatred ran deep. It tormented me,' she wrote in June.

'Now, I've totally transformed myself into someone I'm proud of being. I'm a strong woman who knows exactly what she wants and who she is.'"

Sounds like she was always mentally ill.

Sounds like the lack of strong men with adequate values let society make her feel inadequate because she was not ugly/stupid/migrant/whatever, and now it's her fault ?
Come on let's be real here, since when do women have agency ?
On paper they do, but in their heads .. ? Don't make me laugh.

This is both the cause and the aftermath of society's collapse : the degradation of our women.
Now, who does that, and are we going to let them keep on doing it ?
Don't have you daughters ? You will eventually ..

bucky

Ostrich
Sounds like the lack of strong men with adequate values let society make her feel inadequate because she was not ugly/stupid/migrant/whatever, and now it's her fault ?
Come on let's be real here, since when do women have agency ?
On paper they do, but in their heads .. ? Don't make me laugh.

This is both the cause and the aftermath of society's collapse : the degradation of our women.
Now, who does that, and are we going to let them keep on doing it ?
Don't have you daughters ? You will eventually ..

I do have a daughter! I just said this girl is mentally ill. Didn't say why. Of course the way someone is treated makes a difference, but I totally disagree with you about women having no agency. Women make good and bad choices too.

Upon my niece showing off her new, and first, tattoo, that of a hummingbird, my sister said "That is really special. Know what would make it even more special? It would be even more special if it was the last one you ever get."

Someone pointed out that tattoos may be popular because this day and age, that may be the only permanence they will ever have in their lives. Families are here today and gone tomorrow. Thought they had a new father and brother, and then gone forever two months later. Few people seem to live where they were born anymore--what blood relatives they have, they rarely see. Change jobs constantly, or never really have a real job. Left whatever Church they grew up in, if any, then went to a different one because they knew someone there, then to a mega church, then just stopped going. Not supposed to be patriotic to their country, but despise all history up to five minutes ago--wasn't there a story about The Man Without a Country and the depression it caused him? Everyone wants to be their friend on Facebook, but they can not get the time of day from anyone in real life. Everyone has a phone that takes pictures, but hardly anyone takes pictures of friends and family like people did when cameras used film and had to be developed at several dollars a roll--now mainly people take selfies. They have no idea where, or what, they want to be in ten years, and probably not next year. They are likely taking psychiatric drugs for depression, and really, they do not know who they will be down the road as the body builds a tolerance and they are switched to some other pill the TV tells them to ask their doctor about. But through all that, no mater what, they will always have that tat that meant something to them at some earlier state in life. Self-graffiti, that so-and-so was here, that will last until they are cremated and their ashes scattered, and then even that permanence will disappear without a trace.

Given all that, I would suggest that tattoos are in some cases a symptom of an underlying disorder of a lack of permanence. Others just think they are cool and everyone else is doing it--hopefully that will go out of style. Curious that tattoos seemed to spread from the lower class up. A boss I used to work for always bragged about how he was making good money buying stock in companies that made tattoo removal lasers.

Someone pointed out that tattoos may be popular because this day and age, that may be the only permanence they will ever have in their lives.

Given all that, I would suggest that tattoos are in some cases a symptom of an underlying disorder of a lack of permanence. Others just think they are cool and everyone else is doing it--hopefully that will go out of style. Curious that tattoos seemed to spread from the lower class up. A boss I used to work for always bragged about how he was making good money buying stock in companies that made tattoo removal lasers.

I think I have either said or read here, that the main common link between everyone getting tattoos- is fear of loss.

Oberrheiner

Pelican
I do have a daughter! I just said this girl is mentally ill. Didn't say why. Of course the way someone is treated makes a difference, but I totally disagree with you about women having no agency. Women make good and bad choices too.

It was a generic you, not a you-you :)

But I stand behind my point, the huge majority of women do not possess the discernment to make good choices for themselves, and also don't have what it takes to assume the consequences of bad choices.

Also we men don't have what it takes to assume the consequences of women's bad choices - see those attracted to migrants here, what do you do ? In the end it's always a losing proposition.

bucky

Ostrich
It was a generic you, not a you-you :)

But I stand behind my point, the huge majority of women do not possess the discernment to make good choices for themselves, and also don't have what it takes to assume the consequences of bad choices.

Also we men don't have what it takes to assume the consequences of women's bad choices - see those attracted to migrants here, what do you do ? In the end it's always a losing proposition.

Well, I'd argue that the vast majority of both men and women currently lack the wisdom to make good choices, and that's why we're in the predicament we're in now. As you say, what do you do?

Me, I try to look at things from a Christian perspective as best I can. If women somehow didn't have free agency, how could the Lord judge them? God doesn't judge dogs and other animals because they have no agency and are incapable of being good or evil, but women He judges.

Also, look at female saints. One would assume that they became holy through choosing to live righteously. Closer to home, there's my own wife. She chose to be a devout Catholic and save herself for me when almost all the other women around her were doing the carousel thing and ending up single moms or bitter feminist career women.

Righteous women. They're out there, and they're a thing of beauty.

Oberrheiner

Pelican
Righteous women. They're out there, and they're a thing of beauty.

There are some good women, and I can't complain : I got one myself.
However there are not enough of them out there to make it sustainable.
We have a huge problem incoming (or most probably already there for the younger generations), I don't think anyone can deny that.

I was aware of this fact, but I didn’t get how damaging can be the excess of tattoos on women until one day, while I was waiting for the bus, I saw a girl crossing the street carrying a noticeable tattoo on her back, and several others in her arm and leg. I felt a little bit disappointed for that, she was a natural beauty, the kind any good man would be eager to present to his parents, but she degraded herself that way.

bucky

Ostrich
her face was already ruined with that thing drilled into her cheek. her lips also look like they ar full of filler. I dont know why women do this... it makes their lips look like a floatie
Agreed, the weirdly inflated lips are awful. I suspect it has to do with the Africanization of our culture, sort of like how women "having a big ass" is now considered a good thing.

R.G.Camara

Woodpecker
I'm starting to reach a breaking point on this.

Repeatedly on Facebook and in real life, I'm confronted with women showing off their new tattoos that are the ugliest, most unsightly eyesores imaginable. It's bad enough they're defacing their bodies to begin with, but these tattoos are beyond stupid: football teams logos, cliched sayings, Indian motifs.

How does the board handle this shit?

I won't compliment, but I usually stop short of saying "OMG I need a barf bucket." I often sidestep this by changing the subject or saying "Hm, that must have hurt." On Facebook I refuse to comment, while the usual crowd of tiny-dicked Omegas does the "You go, girl bullshit."

Someone needs to tell these women tattoos are dreadful but it's hard to do that without coming off like your parents.
Women don't care. Because our society has more eligible men than women, women will do it and suffer little repercussions. The important thing is not to allow your own thirst to lower your standards and accept them.

If they ask what you think, tell the truth: they make them uglier. Women need direction, and if she gets angry and bitches you out for it, you know you're just avoiding a termagant and move on. If she accepts your counsel and has them removed, you know you've found a keeper.

Salinger

Woodpecker
I think I tracked down possibly the first mass media push for tattoos on TV. There is a Friends episode in the 2nd season in 1995 where Rachel gets a tattoo, even though she knows her boyfriend Ross hates them. After he finds out, he is suddenly okay with her doing this and calls it sexy.

The beginning of the big push to get American women to ruin their bodies with permanent ink?

It occurred to me today, there seems to be a strong correlation of when tattoos took off and when taking film pictures died off. Cell phones replaced cameras, but people mainly use cell phones to take pictures of themselves while making infantile faces.

Used to, it was a big deal to shoot a roll of film every month or so to chronicle family life, and those permanent pictures were put into these things called photo albums, or sometimes hung on the wall. No one took selfies with film cameras, one looked through the camera and took a picture of other people and places. Of the kids growing up, of get togethers, and family vacations. Those were the images that had meaning.