Women with kids and dating

lunchmoney

Woodpecker
I overheard this week a man explaining to a woman the difference between a single mother and a "baby mama" which was interesting.

Single mother = woman who was previously married, now divorced, raising school aged children alone.

Baby mama = woman never married who brought life into the world single.

Would you date either?

TheMaleBrain

Kingfisher
Gold Member
The answer is: "It Depends".
What is your goal in dating?

If it is to marry for the first time and raise a family - then NO.
If it is to casually date and have fun - I don't see why not.

I overheard this week a man explaining to a woman the difference between a single mother and a "baby mama" which was interesting.

Single mother = woman who was previously married, now divorced, raising school aged children alone.

Would you date either?

I wouldn't because I have a strict "only virgins" rule. I wouldn't want to marry a woman otherwise.

magaman

Sparrow

Would you date either?
What about an older divorced woman whose kids are already adults? I would

Invocato

Sparrow
Because I want to. She's a nice lady, very kind. Although she is only one option and others can be exercised if this one does not work out.
It's not even about lack of options, it's just a bad idea. Women can be clever in ways that men don't understand, and they will rarely tell you about their past transgressions, or accept responsibility for them. This wisdom is confirmed in Proverbs.

magaman

Sparrow
It's not even about lack of options, it's just a bad idea. Women can be clever in ways that men don't understand, and they will rarely tell you about their past transgressions, or accept responsibility for them. This wisdom is confirmed in Proverbs.
I know there's things she wouldn't want to tell me, same me to her. Believe me, I know there's an angle as to why she would all of a sudden start talking to me. The previous one keeping her attention must not have worked out, for starters. With the situation though, it's not likely to work out and we both sort of recognize that reality because we have talked about it already. If it does then that'd be wonderful and you know I hope for that but we gotta be real. She doesn't live in the USA and will only start living here in (maybe) 13 months. One could argue why bother or devote thought and they'd be right to. Time will tell and as we know, anything could happen. We are talking but not in a relationship. We do like each other.

No.

Back when I was promiscuous I "dated" single moms, sometimes even preferred them as they have characteristics like neediness that make them more wild sexually. But now that I'm Christian, I don't even see any reason to casually date. If I'm not looking to marry, don't even dip my feet in. And as I won't marry a single mom or even a divorcee (my ex fiancee was but I won't do again), I should just be single until God sets me up with the right woman.

Joe316

Robin
Would you date either?

As masculine men we only entertain acquaintances and friendships with families, preferably functional ones: husband, wife and maybe children. We're not "dating" them, because that would be adulterous and creepy. Doesn't matter if the woman got rid of the father of her children - doesn't change a bit about the situation.

If we ever get involved "romantically" with a family, we stick to the leaves of the tree: fully grown up daughters of strong fathers, mothers are none of our business.

Broonkley

Chicken
No. I would only date / marry virgin women, but now, if I am going to have romantic nights and have fun and spend nothing more than that, I would accept it.

kel

Ostrich
Outside of a widow situation, single moms are really only good for the, um, convenience they offer of an isolated hook.p happy meal kind of situation if you keep them at arms length and are still doing that in life. But dating, like going for a relationship? Absolutely not.