Women with kids and dating

Barron

Ostrich
Gold Member
Would you date either?

I have self respect, so no.

In fact not only would I not date them, when I encounter them I feel as if the environment I'm inhabiting has been degraded and I just want to go home and forget about ever seeing them.

Both are child abusers.
And far from empowerment, society should be doing everything it can to prevent their recurrence.

stugatz

Pelican
Never. Even if she's an innocent single mother and her husband died in Iraq or something, that kid isn't mine and it's going to be very awkward if he starts acting out and saying that I'm not his father. And if I had a kid with her, half-siblings are just a can of worms I don't want to open. (It's better than stepsiblings, but probably not by much.)

unit414

Sparrow
Never. Even if she's an innocent single mother and her husband died in Iraq or something, that kid isn't mine and it's going to be very awkward if he starts acting out and saying that I'm not his father. And if I had a kid with her, half-siblings are just a can of worms I don't want to open. (It's better than stepsiblings, but probably not by much.)
I can see why you are on this forum. You are totally realistic and based.

stugatz

Pelican
I can see why you are on this forum. You are totally realistic and based.
It’s taken years, I used to be obsessed with dating and women.

Lately I have made peace with the fact that I may not find anyone...it doesn’t stress me out so much anymore, but it would definitely be a disappointment.

I’d rather be single than be in a relationship I don’t want, or be with someone who uses me.

Cervantes

Woodpecker
Marriage is a vocation, sacred to God. So you have an obligation to form the best marriage you can.

If you're a young man (under 35), keeping yourself as best you can from being soiled by the world, then you should only accept a pious virgin younger than yourself.

If you're not keeping yourself from sin - then you should work to improve and then find a virgin to marry.

If you're an older man, like over 45, or have already made serious life mistakes (you have children, or a long history of fornication, were previously married, past abortions) then you should consider women who have made similar mistakes and are also trying to recover. That would include a woman, younger than yourself, with children.

The further you have strayed from God's plan for a Christian family, the more you should accept this in a woman's past.

But you should only consider a woman who understands these previous choices were wrong. Of course she should love her current children - but her attitude should still be that it would have been better to follow God's plan - and a commitment to follow it in the future.