Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!

scotian

Peacock
Gold Member
I was reluctant to advise guys to move to Alberta and work in the oil sands since 2015 although I did help a few guys get work, it was very quiet over the past few years but as Rdvirus mentioned above, the patch is back boys!

ScannerLIV

Woodpecker
I was reluctant to advise guys to move to Alberta and work in the oil sands since 2015 although I did help a few guys get work, it was very quiet over the past few years but as Rdvirus mentioned above, the patch is back boys!
I cant see how, as an American citizen, it would be wise to apply and move there even if the pay is good, in light of vaccine and mask mandates. Could you comment on this?

scotian

Peacock
Gold Member
I cant see how, as an American citizen, it would be wise to apply and move there even if the pay is good, in light of vaccine and mask mandates. Could you comment on this?
It would be a difficult move especially right now but if you have an in demand skill related to oil and gas then it’s not out of the question although it seems like more Canadians are moving state side these days than the other way around.