Would you move destinations for love?

Optimus Princeps

Woodpecker
Orthodox Catechumen
Hah! Definitely not Jewish. I started reading at a really young age and ran across this spelling in an old book and asked my grandfather about it. He didn't mention Judaism, just said that some people spelled that way to show reverence so that they were not using the word in vain. Or similar, I don't remember exactly. So I spell it out fully in any diaries or personal papers, but if I am talking or writing in a public forum and not directly quoting a Saint who has written out the name fully, I don't spell out so that I'm not being too familiar or cavalier. So it's a habit from my time as a timid, overly serious little girl fascinated by the depth of religion and I can't seem to break it. Hopefully it's not too offputting, or I can certainly try to retrain my brain. Hmmm. Might be good for me!
Ah okay I'd never heard that before I just knew it was something that jews did so I was curious the reason since your tag was Orthodox inquirer!

christie2

Robin
Woman
Orthodox
I don’t know what nlp is, but having a dying relative is tough stuff and that I have experienced and made unwise choices too. No one gets through this life unscathed by mistakes and while I dodged that one I have made plenty. Im really sorry you were in that spot @christie2 it sounds like a rough situation. Lord have mercy on us.
yes,Lord have mercy on us, how nice to read "us", you're kind

MrsD

Pigeon
Woman
Orthodox
yes,Lord have mercy on us, how nice to read "us", you're kind
If I am it’s only because of Him. Just being truthful, sister:) we need His mercy. Not just you. Especially me. I can get preachy/opinionated and I have no room to do that. Didn’t mean to slight anyone so forgive me. I don’t always consider that someone may resemble my remarks, and I should think more and talk less. I’m very much a work in progress.

christie2

Robin
Woman
Orthodox
If I am it’s only because of Him. Just being truthful, sister:) we need His mercy. Not just you. Especially me. I can get preachy/opinionated and I have no room to do that. Didn’t mean to slight anyone so forgive me. I don’t always consider that someone may resemble my remarks, and I should think more and talk less. I’m very much a work in progress.
That I can imitate your humility, I would be fortunate and blessed.
Please pray for me that I can pray every night before sleeping and every morning upon wakening. I must. It is progress, not perfection that counts.

Theodora Gee

Pigeon
Woman
Orthodox
The reason why men desire younger women is actually quite practical and related to family, cost/benefit analysis - it's not really a sex related issue per se (the connotation is always some sort of predation).
A bit off topic, but curious for you to elaborate. Why do men desire younger women exactly? Love to hear more about the psychology behind this.

BLMeToo

Robin
Catholic
A bit off topic, but curious for you to elaborate. Why do men desire younger women exactly? Love to hear more about the psychology behind this.
The common answer is they're more fertile, which is true. But what's also not mentioned is that they have less baggage. I don't mean just fewer sexual partners, I mean just less emotional baggage from life in general. They're generally less cynical, more upbeat, and willing to follow your lead since you, as a man, have more experience than you. Less likely to try and take charge or belittle you.

But the less baggage thing....that's a big thing. I've dated women in their 30's, and there's definitely a reason why they're single. I don't mean to be mean since I'm pushing 40 myself. But older women know their time is running short, and they're desperate, and they're more likely to have unresolved emotional issues and trauma, or just plain arrogance and stubbornness from being Boss Babe and thinking she can walk over me because that's what men at work let her do.

Theodora Gee

Pigeon
Woman
Orthodox
The common answer is they're more fertile, which is true. But what's also not mentioned is that they have less baggage. I don't mean just fewer sexual partners, I mean just less emotional baggage from life in general. They're generally less cynical, more upbeat, and willing to follow your lead since you, as a man, have more experience than you. Less likely to try and take charge or belittle you.

But the less baggage thing....that's a big thing. I've dated women in their 30's, and there's definitely a reason why they're single. I don't mean to be mean since I'm pushing 40 myself. But older women know their time is running short, and they're desperate, and they're more likely to have unresolved emotional issues and trauma, or just plain arrogance and stubbornness from being Boss Babe and thinking she can walk over me because that's what men at work let her do.
Interesting. Much generalised, stereotypical assumptions sceaming at me. With all due respect, young and older women alike may question why you’re still single at nearly 40 years of age and it will be assumed that you have much baggage yourself. So why should a young woman with “less baggage” give you a chance? A bit conceited, don’t you think?
I’m very big on being the person you want to meet, so if you ain’t a spring chicken yourself then I certainly wouldn’t expect one.

Max Roscoe

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
Absolutely. Though it would need to be a place that I would consider living already.
In other words, I won't just move to northern Canada just to be with a Canadian wife, but if it's a place where I know the language or can get by with English, has nice weather, lower cost of living, good food, safe, etc. then sure.

I have a friend marrying a woman abroad and they are considering living in a third neutral country like Mexico. That is a good option if you don't like either spouses' home country.

But the one caveat is I would be hesitant to move away from my parents, particularly not to deprive them from the joy of being around their grandchildren.

The bottom line is there would need to be a *reason* for us to live there, beyond something as mundane as "this is the geography I am presently located."

Max Roscoe

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
Interesting. Much generalised, stereotypical assumptions sceaming at me. With all due respect, young and older women alike may question why you’re still single at nearly 40 years of age and it will be assumed that you have much baggage yourself. So why should a young woman with “less baggage” give you a chance? A bit conceited, don’t you think?
I’m very big on being the person you want to meet, so if you ain’t a spring chicken yourself then I certainly wouldn’t expect one.
If you don't like @BLMeToo 's answer there's no need to ad hominem him. You asked a question about social relationships and then when you didn't like the answer turned it into a personal attack and offered unsolicited dating advice. That's not appropriate.

You're also kind of making the guy's case for him. Let's keep it civil, and stay on topic.

ItalianStallion9

Woodpecker
Protestant
Lots is biological. It's the same way a woman might go for a worse looking guy with a high income, tall, and high status.

In addition, Women are on a shorter timeframe to have kids (menopause) and the older they get the more likely to have children with issues. Donald Trump was 59 when Barron was born, is this even possible for women?
Very rarely will a woman be more 'in demand' at 40 than 20, but many men are legit more in demand at 40 than 20 (look at tom brady).

image0.jpg

DyhehZaX0AEh7jF.jpeg

Pete345

Sparrow
Orthodox
Thanks for letting me know how it came across, I feel like I have permission to stop it now without being disrespectful. ;)
Although we have lost the familiar vs. formal forms of address in English, I can tell you, as a polyglot, that when God is addressed in the Bible, the form used is the informal one (tu in French, du in German, ты in Russian, etc.). While respect is necessary, God wants us to come to Him as our Father, as one who is close to us and not unapproachably distant, as in Islam. If you read the King James Bible, we address God as Thou, which is actually the informal form ("you" is the formal/plural form). We still capitalize the word to show respect, however. Just like you would capitalize "Dad".

TMarie

Sparrow
Woman
Catholic
Lots is biological. It's the same way a woman might go for a worse looking guy with a high income, tall, and high status.

In addition, Women are on a shorter timeframe to have kids (menopause) and the older they get the more likely to have children with issues. Donald Trump was 59 when Barron was born, is this even possible for women?
Very rarely will a woman be more 'in demand' at 40 than 20, but many men are legit more in demand at 40 than 20 (look at tom brady).

View attachment 42882

View attachment 42883
I think Tom Brady is the exception. He has hair. Many men lose their hair and then grow beards to look like they have some hair, even though it is only facial hair. Women don't lose their hair as they age. Both men and women tend to gain weight as they age. I think it depends on heredity. Look at their parents for clues as to what they will look like at 40 or 50.

Theodora Gee

Pigeon
Woman
Orthodox
If you don't like @BLMeToo 's answer there's no need to ad hominem him. You asked a question about social relationships and then when you didn't like the answer turned it into a personal attack and offered unsolicited dating advice. That's not appropriate.

You're also kind of making the guy's case for him. Let's keep it civil, and stay on topic.
Hi Max, it appears I’ve ruffled a few feathers. I didn’t say I didn’t like the response, that is your assumption. I’m just merely asking some questions that may generate some thought-provoking answers. They’re not personal attacks towards @BLMeToo but questions for any male who are of the same opinion. By the way, I don’t recall offering “unsolicited dating advice” and not sure exactly how this is not “staying on topic”. I’m a little confused by your response.
Lastly, please enlighten me and explain what you mean “You’re also kind of making the guys case for him”?

KC123

Pigeon
Woman
Orthodox
saw this on twitter and funnily enough, I know a few couples in this very situation, and I myself had to pass on a potential relationship due to this obstacle. I'm wondering what it would take for an American man to be willing to homestead in South America? Personally, this seems like the 2nd best option all things considered if you want to get your family started, and then once US entry rules are changed then maybe they can consider moving back? (or forming an expat community in South America as many did during WW2).

Attachments

• Capture111111111111111111.PNG
    Capture111111111111111111.PNG
    427.2 KB · Views: 14

Oda Mae

Sparrow
Woman
Orthodox Inquirer
Although we have lost the familiar vs. formal forms of address in English, I can tell you, as a polyglot, that when God is addressed in the Bible, the form used is the informal one (tu in French, du in German, ты in Russian, etc.). While respect is necessary, God wants us to come to Him as our Father, as one who is close to us and not unapproachably distant, as in Islam. If you read the King James Bible, we address God as Thou, which is actually the informal form ("you" is the formal/plural form). We still capitalize the word to show respect, however. Just like you would capitalize "Dad".
Thank you! I have already started using God and it does feel more natural and comforting.

Atlas Shrugged

Woodpecker
Woman
Protestant
says who?
Well it does make sense but exceptions do exist. It does depend on the person. A 30-40 year old man who has a home and good job can take care of a wife and lots of potential children. However if the dude is obese and balding he won’t get the pick of the litter. Obviously if a man wants many children younger would be better but at the same time if a man is over 50 and doesn’t want little ones to chase after then of course a 40 year old woman who is not obese and loosy goosy is fine as well. There are millions of people out there and who knows what God has in store for anyone.