Would you risk travelling to a country you've always wanted to see right now in case you'll never be able to in the future?

Maddox

Woodpecker
Even the vax is not a guarantee. I've heard of people not being able to get to their home countries even with the vax and having multiple negative tests. Some people have been stranded outside of their home countries for over a year now. Especially if they come from a place with heavy lockdowns and border closures. If you travel abroad you have to be prepared for the possibility of being stranded wherever you travel AND getting the jab.

I know Australia is doing that but I hadn't heard of any other countries with those policies.

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
If you have the means, why not?

I don't really travel or have much desire to. I like road trips, though, and we want to do a cross-country train trip at some point.

A lot of this stuff will fade into the background as hysteria dies down and there will be ways to circumvent it. But who knows.

Atlas Shrugged

Robin
Woman
If you want to do it sooner than later. Unfortunately at this point I don’t think I ever will. I prefer being a homebody but I have always wanted to visit my motherland (Poland and Ukraine), Japan and Israel. Yes Israel lol. I have heard amazing stories of people from church saying it’s a totally different thing to actually go and walk where Jesus walked and be at all those landmarks talked about in the Bible. Everyone church goer I know who went to Israel loved it and tried to go to every possible site that Jesus could have been. That does sound pretty awesome. But at this point I’ll spend the rest of my days in America and I’m fine with that. The world is to degenerate to venture out of my home country.

Viktor Zeegelaar

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
Personally I think that there will always be opportunities. The opportunities will be limited however. So I reckon they'll change red - orange - yellow status to countries a bit at random to keep the masses in anticipation of new opportunities, feeding them crumbs. Probably the test will be a requirement usually. If they withdraw that at some time and make travel impossible for the unvaxxed that will make the lion roar a bit, for even if you have 2% non vaxxed globally that is a group of people that when they feel they have nothing to lose they can be dangerous. It's clear though that it will go somewhat in this direction step by step over the coming years.

fortyfive

Woodpecker
I have heard amazing stories of people from church saying it’s a totally different thing to actually go and walk where Jesus walked and be at all those landmarks talked about in the Bible.

Have been to Israel twice, and it is worth visiting. Later at home, when reading Bible, you can visualize these places much better. The desert, Jerusalem, Jericho, Galilea sea, and so on.
Also, the middle east culture, food, weather, the landscape is very different than in the west.

Unfortunately, their current travel policy is affected by covid hysteria badly, and without a vaccine, testing, quarantine, and other crazy restraints you can't enter.

DelMarMisty

Woodpecker
Woman
Orthodox
Could they change the laws while you're out of the country to mandate vaccines and not let you back in?

fortyfive

Woodpecker
Could they change the laws while you're out of the country to mandate vaccines and not let you back in?
You have to stop assuming that people who are killing unborn babies without an eye blink, would be worried about the human rights of some annoying anti-vaxxer.
Who will stop them? Conscience? They have none.

bubs

Sparrow
I think you should travel now but do your homework on where you go to make sure the lockdown/travel risks aren’t so totalitarian. I’ve been traveling around the US this Spring and summer (using up my Air B&B credits from cancelled 2020 trip), and there is already a lot of noticeable stores and restaurants that have closed up for good and I think the entertainment and restaurant options will continue to get worse over next few years before there is any form of a rebound in the retail sector (if ever?). Go now/seize the day) and save money for a trip somewhere later as well. If you venture to beautiful nature areas… Gods creations are immune to all of this world political silliness.

aynrus

Pelican
I was hoping to take a summer trip to a tropical beach in Mexico. Then I researched the restrictions. Last I checked, a negative COVID test is required to return to the U.S. Having to undergo a suspicious test takes the fun out of it for me, so I'm staying local.

To return, you can fly to Tijuana and then cross the US land border, land borders still don't require a test ?

IconWriter

Sparrow
Woman
Orthodox
A dear friend went overseas with a tour group, to visit ancient monasteries and just before returning tested positive, she and most of her group. They all had to stay isolated at a hotel, at their own expense, an extra three weeks, (because they had symptoms, otherwise it would have been two weeks) have restaurant meals delivered daily. They were not allowed to go outside and could be fined an enormous amount if caught. Our American Embassy was run by those who could barely speak English and were of no help. One member of the group remained well and stayed behind with them to run errands, to pick up medecines, etc. So, no, it is not worth the risk of getting stuck there.