Young Women Today Are Losing Their Hair

I wonder if the hair dye trend has an effect. One girl I know in particular had been dyeing her hair unnatural colors on and off for the last decade, now that she's returned to natural color her hair hangs thin and limp and comes in patchy above her forehead (in her case, five-head at this point.) She styles it in such a way that hair from the sides and back droops over to form faux-bangs, but when the wind blows all is revealed. So sad, honestly, she was a properly cute chick back in the day, but now her unhealthy behavior is catching up as she approaches 30 and she'll probably either settle for a lower quality male or end up a spinster. At one point in my life I wanted to put a baby in her, but not anymore. Her body and brain has suffered as well. It wasn't just the dye that doomed her, either. Poor diet, bouts of veganism, hormonal birth control, weed, alcohol, SSRI's. Poor thing.

bucky

Pelican
My ex was anorexic/bulimic and lost a lot of hair. She didn't have a receding hairline though, her hair just got noticeably thinner all over. Her teeth and skin got progressively worse as her eating disorder got worse too.

DeWoken

I will add that EMF radiation is probably harming everyone these days, especially the smartphone addicts.

P.S. Even though many women make fun of it, the MGTOW movement is also having a significant negative effect on them as well.
Time for a song?

It seems she was a pop culture pro-lifer who died of sorrow less than two years ago. Rest in peace, Dolores.

Last edited:

Emma Munn

Hi pretty people.

I read on this post that volume and quantity of hair depends on background and genetics mainly, but there are other reasons such as food habits, lifestyle, and rest...
I don´t know the real answer but what I read in that place was quite convincing.
What y'all think??

EMMA

Hi pretty people.

I read on this post that volume and quantity of hair depends on background and genetics mainly, but there are other reasons such as food habits, lifestyle, and rest...
I don´t know the real answer but what I read in that place was quite convincing.
What y'all think??

EMMA
I believe that life is much more nuanced and complicated than we can even imagine.

There always seem to be too many different factors between cause and effect.

Maybe after we die, Jesus can sit us down and explain how we were actually supposed to use our bodies, brains, food, water, fire, etc because although we do a lot of things well, I feel that there is still so much we have no clue about...and that includes the basics.

I try to pay attention to the signals my body gives off as often as possible, but both me and even various doctors don't even know the issue at times.

At this point, depending on the country you live in...the doctors will probably just say Covid19 is the cause of hair loss in all individuals.

AlwaysMe

Pigeon
DHT is the hormone responsible for (non nutritional deficiency) baldness. Men and women both have DHT, but men obviously more. Women make it also. Excess DHT mediated baldness in women is a sign of poorly functioning endocrine (i.e. hormone) system, which implicates ALL the hormones, from insulin, to HGH, to cortisol to testosterone and estradiol. Its well established that social/cultural inputs can greatly affect one's hormonal state. For example, chronic stress elevates cortisol, which also elevates insulin, depresses HGH and depresses tesosterone. Another example is when "your team" wins, men experience a surge in testosterone. This is all good. Now imagine growing up in the socially/culturally retarded topsy turvy world we live in now, where women are told they must behave like men (sport fucking, athrletics. "you go girlism", sports, academic achievement, competition) and natural nurturing impulses such as motherhood are denigrated and shat on. What ponderous effects must this have on a woman's endocrine system? Massive. Its also part of why white men have become such pussies. They are constantly told they are bad, and life's losers and unwelcome. This is the opposite of "your team is winning."

In men, DHT is created by testosterone degrading or aromatising into DHT. I believe its the same process for women. As women are forced to create more testosterone in today's goofy clown world, an excess amount of it winds up aromatising into DHT, which then causes balding.

Peacock
Gold Member
DHT is the main source of hair loss in men, but not the only process, especially in women. DHT loss is mostly the male baldness pattern, affecting the top of the head and starting with the forehead sides. While you do see that pattern sometimes in women, you often have a general thinning or a patchy hair loss, which doesn't fit that pattern.

Johnnyvee

Pelican
Female pattern hair loss (androgen mediated, as opposed to autoimmune and other types) has a different pattern than the frontal balding pattern and other male phenotypes. It starts from the center of the scalp and spreads out from there. This can really only happen after menopause (steroid use could be an exception) since that`s when adrenal hormones in women can in some cases (with underlying insulin resistance often and the genetic propensity) overcome the lower estradiol and be converted in sufficient amount to DHT to cause skull growth and the following cascade;

Adrenal DHEA-androstenedione-DHT-skull growth-Galea Aponeurotica tension-chronic skin inflammation (TGF-b) in the skin fused with the galea-fibrosis-reduced blood supply to the dermal papillae-reduced WNT/b-catenin signaling-follicle miniaturization. In addition the follicle can be restricted in it`s diameter and possibly be destroyed all together. (although that seems unlikely) It`s the same cascade and mechanisms as in men, but with adrenal hormones being the driver, rather than gonadal hormones as is the case in men. (pattern 5 below would be the relatively rare female pattern hair loss pattern)

fpb.jpg

AlwaysMe

Pigeon
Female pattern hair loss (androgen mediated, as opposed to autoimmune and other types) has a different pattern than the frontal balding pattern and other male phenotypes. It starts from the center of the scalp and spreads out from there. This can really only happen after menopause (steroid use could be an exception) since that`s when adrenal hormones in women can in some cases (with underlying insulin resistance often and the genetic propensity) overcome the lower estradiol and be converted in sufficient amount to DHT to cause skull growth and the following cascade;

Adrenal DHEA-androstenedione-DHT-skull growth-Galea Aponeurotica tension-chronic skin inflammation (TGF-b) in the skin fused with the galea-fibrosis-reduced blood supply to the dermal papillae-reduced WNT/b-catenin signaling-follicle miniaturization. In addition the follicle can be restricted in it`s diameter and possibly be destroyed all together. (although that seems unlikely) It`s the same cascade and mechanisms as in men, but with adrenal hormones being the driver, rather than gonadal hormones as is the case in men. (pattern 5 below would be the relatively rare female pattern hair loss pattern)

View attachment 24288
So adrenal hormones convert to DHT in women? Interesting. What stressors cause this conversion? Are my socio-cultural factors irrelvant to this conversion?

Imo today’s women are not losing their hair due to DHT but mostly to either lack of bioavailable protein in their diet or due to extensive use of chemical products and or hair treatments. There is also some cultures where braiding is common where pulling on the hair will lead to hair loss(traction alopecia). See:

Naomi Campbell:

Tyra Banks:

Rihanna:

Buy those girls some monoï.
In french polynesia women use monoï for their skin and hair.
Most of them may be obese but they have magnificent hair.
Monoï with coconut is the best for it. Works for men, too.

Feed them curry.
Curry is amazing for your hair because of spices like curcuma, saffron, nutmeg...
Japanese studies has proven that curry prevents hair loss.

Feed them oysters.
It's the best source of zinc. Good for the hair but also for the skin, nails, and testosterone for men.

Slap their ass.
By slapping it you send some kind of electric current up their head, stimulating hair growth.
This has not been scientifically proven yet, it's still a personal theory.

Johnnyvee

Pelican
So adrenal hormones convert to DHT in women? Interesting. What stressors cause this conversion? Are my socio-cultural factors irrelvant to this conversion?
That happens in both men and women, but it`s less relevant in men. Insulin resistance might be the most important factor. Studies show a clear link between insulin resistance and PCOS and idiopathic hirsutism in women. Both caused by an increase in DHT. Caffeine increases fasting insulin also, as well as adrenal hormones. (And indirectly increases DHT again by it`s insulin driving effects, since insulin regulates 5-alpha reductase together with IGF-1.) A high sugar diet will also reduce hepatic SHBG, which transport androgen`s and regulate their availability in tissues also. (Hepatic lipogenesis induced by monosaccharide consumption reduces hepatocyte-nuclear factor 4-alpha, which in turn attenuates SHBG, which in turn reduces the binding of androgen`s and increases their availability in tissues.)

It`s the same mechanisms that cause androgenic alopecia in men and women basically. The difference is the source of DHT, and of course it`s a rare occurrence in women after all. It`s takes something special in order to induce it. Usually quite poor diet and the resulting insulin resistance issues again. (Plus I suspect that caffeine can be an important trigger in both men and women.)

Enigma

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Regarding hormones, one of the things men often mention when abstaining from sex/masturbation is a noticeable improvement in the health of their hair.

I wouldn’t be surprised if oversexualization is a factor here. Though diet, stress, etc. play a big role too.