• Son

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NoFunInAus

Kingfisher
I just lost my son last week.

Stillborn at almost 36 weeks.

The sight my dead child's body will never leave me.

That being said, I would rather this loss than losing his mother.

The baby's spirit will at the very least be in Limbo.

You can always try for more children.

A mother's love cannot be replaced.
I'm deeply sorry for your loss Jones.

As a father of two this is the absolute worst nightmare, but I agree with your sentiment. Mother's love is irreplaceable. I will pray for your son.

DeFide

Robin
During the required pre-marriage counseling with our priest, he highlighted that the purpose of a Christian marriage is for the husband and wife to help each other attain salvation, and children come second. That was a novel idea for me, as I was raised to believe that children always come first.
It is a novel idea. You can thank Vatican II and “Saints” Paul VI and John Paul II among others.

KingCorfu

Pigeon
A guy I went to school with just lost his wife during child birth. He has a newborn son, his first child, and no wife. Given the choice I would choose my wife. It’s shit though.

kamoz

Kingfisher
Gold Member
During the required pre-marriage counseling with our priest, he highlighted that the purpose of a Christian marriage is for the husband and wife to help each other attain salvation, and children come second. That was a novel idea for me, as I was raised to believe that children always come first.

It's because your children [are supposed to] eventually leave you.